Labeling Electronic Cords

We all have numerous cords for our many electronic devices. Labeling them helps keep things organized. This is a guide about labeling electronic cords.

March 21, 2011 Flag

This isn't exactly a money-saving tip - it's more of an "annoyance minimizing" tip. It seems like every time I grab a plug to plug something in, I am holding the plug upside down. To make it quicker, I put a dot of red nail polish on the top of every plug so I can tell instantly if I have it the right way up.

By lindal from Vista, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 10 Comments

July 29, 2014 Flag

We have numerous cell phones and small devices that all use the same charging cords. I can never find any of my charging cords. I end up buying new ones or it always seems like the kids miraculously have one when mine goes missing. So recently I took the time to hunt down and locate every single cord. Then I took my handy label maker and made labels identifying what each cord went to or whose it was. Each car now has a labeled cord, my iPad has one, and so does my iPhone for in my room. Now when someone has swiped it I will know. :)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

November 4, 2009 Flag

Add a dash of White Out to a black electric plug or a black marker to a white plug, and you will always know the correct side to stick it into the wall outlet.

By Tarlo from Trinity, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

June 1, 2009 Flag

I found an inexpensive way to mark the multitude of wires behind my computer. I had read about using colored tape at each end of the cords, to trace which plug belongs to which accessory (printer, modem, etc) but I didn't want to go out and buy several different colors of tape.

So I used the small round colored pricing stickers I had left over from my last yard sale. I wrapped matching colored stickers around each end of each peripheral that I needed to identify.

Even if you don't have the stickers, buying a pack of them for about $2 is a lot cheaper than buying 4 or 5 rolls of tape to use a few inches of each!

The same method could be used for TV/Home theater systems with surround sound, DVD and cable box setups.

If you have more items than colors, you can use two or three color combos when you run out of different colors.

By Mary T

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

October 14, 2008 Flag

All of my AC adapters are black and all belong to different items. I purchased a white permanent marker and wrote on each one (i.e. cell phone).

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 17, 2010 Flag

Have lots of cords for your electronic devices, computer equipment, etc. and constantly forgetting which cord goes to what? I was until I came up with this simple solution. I take the stick on labels that they sell to label your files with.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 13, 2009 Flag

Behind my entertainment center you will find a variety of cords running to power bars. Pulling the wrong one when changing something can start a chain reaction of having to reset everything.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2009 Flag

We all have those "rechargeable" appliances. Sometimes the cords all look the same. I could not match up cords to appliances when we relocated. Not only was it frustrating to match, but also time consuming and expensive to replace.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 26, 2010 Flag

I take single labels and fold them in half over the cord close to the end that goes into my device and label it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 18, 2012 Flag

When moving electronics, I find it helpful to mark my cords so that when I am ready to set them back up, the cords are not a tangled puzzle. I mark each cord with a different colored dot of nail polish.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing AdviceDecember 22, 2016
pile of electronics cords and cables
Recycling Electronic Cords and Cables
Storing appliance cords in toilet paper tubes to keep from tangling.
Organizing Electrical Cords
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
TV with hidden cords.
Hiding Electric Cords
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:46:15 PM on 10.0.0.212 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.