Organizing Computer Cords

Tired of getting all of those computer cords that come out of the computer mixed up, one for the phone, one for the camera and more? I seem to always have one or two labels left on a sheet of labels; I take these single labels and fold them in half over the cord close to the end that goes into my device (camera,etc.) and label it.

At my computer I have put a cup hook right above the computer under the desk top and the ends of those cords lay in that hook right in easy reach, labeled for me to get easily.

I also make a bright dot of fingernail polish on the front side of the plug so I know I am starting the cord correctly into my device. If you have ever broken the pegs off in your camera or computer and had to have it repaired you will understand why.

I do the same with electric appliances, put a dot on the top side since there is only one way the cord will go in the outlet, saves me having to turn it over.

To save batteries on my camera I found it has a sound telling me when my pictures are deleted after transfer. I was constantly forgetting the camera was still on and getting so involved in the pictures that I was running batteries down. You might want to check yours.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE