Lemon Chicken

Here's an excellent Lemon Chicken recipe I've made for a couple of decades. It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't and the end results are yummy, very healthy and well worth the effort. I choose to cook it in a wok but a large skillet will do just fine. You can freeze leftovers if you wish to :-)

Ingredients

• 4 whole chicken breasts, boned skinned and cut in to bite size pieces (of course, you can buy already skinned and boned breasts)
  • 4 Tbsp. peanut oil
  • 2 tsp. corn starch, plus 1 Tbsp. mixed with one Tbsp. water
  • 3 tsp. grated lemon rind
  • 2/3 cup chicken stock
  • 1 lb fresh snow peas
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • Rice of your choosing

Directions

Toss chicken bites with 2 Tbsp. oil and 2 tsp cornstarch. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. peanut oil in wok or skillet. Stir fry chicken about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon rind and then add chicken stock and snow peas. Stir fry 1 minute.

Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and water paste, add to wok and stir fry until sauce has thickened.

Serve over rice

Bon Appetite ;-)

Source: Have been making it for so long that I don't remember but fairly certain it was from a magazine.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers:

Lemon Chicken

This sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it. (01/12/2009)

By fionarx

Lemon Chicken

Forgot to say thanks for sharing it with us, too. (01/12/2009)

By fionarx

Lemon Chicken

Ooh this sounds like I would like to throw a handful of cashews in it! (01/13/2009)

By

Lemon Chicken

I want to thank the Guest Poster very much for suggesting cashews! In all the years I've made this dish I never thought to try that! I'll be doing it the next time and maybe even with skinless peanuts in the batch after that but both unsalted so as not to upset the lemon flavoring :-) (01/14/2009)

By Deeli

Lemon Chicken

Yum ,Deeli. I will sprinkle a few Craisins on top too.
GG Hugs, Vi (01/21/2009)

By Great Granny Vi

Pepper Lemon Chicken
Lemon Chicken Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Lemon Chicken Pasta
Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄