Make Your Own Air Fresheners

winner.jpgI had bought a type of room freshener and found I can make them for much less than the $10.00 that I paid! I went to garden shop and bought 'SoilMoist', which are granules which retain moisture when planting.

I used empty candle jars which had tight fitting covers. Put a couple of tablespoons of SoilMoist in jar (you can always add more) and add water. The granules swell about 4 times their size. Add several drops of essential oil, stir with something you don't mind its absorbing the scent, and cover with the jar cover for several hours. Open and enjoy the fragrance spreading through out the room.

I use lavender for my bedroom to relax me. When the granules dry out, add water and essential oil, cover, then enjoy! This can be done frequently as needed.

By Joandogs

Answers:

Make Your Own Air Fresheners

The length of time the fragrance lasts will depend upon how much you use, and the size of the container it is in. I started with about a teaspoon of fragrance. Sometimes I added more, other times [because fragrance was stronger] I didn't have to add any more. (05/19/2009)

By JoanDogs

RE: Make Your Own Air Fresheners

Make Your Own Air Fresheners

I think this is a nice idea, and I might be overly concerned, but what does concern me is that "Soil Moist" is made of acrylic polymer and meant for use with "water" with this product and to be placed under the soil near plant roots. I can't help but wonder about potential dangers of mixing with essential oils and breathing it in might be :-( Acrylic polymer is used for industrial applications such as paint which, because mixed with other chemical compounds, is considered a hazardous material. (05/19/2009)

By Deeli

Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
Homemade Air Fresheners
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
Finished Air Freshener
Mason Jar Air Freshener
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎉
🎄