Make a Flower "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame

Sorry, no picture, but an old neighbor used an old metal bed frame to make a "flower bed" in her yard. She dug out the dirt a bit and put in an old metal bed. She left the side rails in, and mounded the dirt up in where the mattress usually lays. She planted colorful flowers. The effect of this FLOWER BED was the flowers looked like a quilt on the bed.

It was a cute idea and everyone loved it.

By Janet from Brant Rock, MA

Make A Flower "Bed" Out Of An Old Frame

Did she put the frame sides down? (09/03/2008)

By Shellee

Make A Flower "Bed" Out Of An Old Frame

I did this a few years ago with a twin sized wicker headboard. I planted marigolds and impatients to make the "quilt top" was so cute. I didn't mention it to anyone just waited for someone to notice,,was surprised no one did,,then one day a neighbor rented her cottage to an Amish family for the summer. The mother was the first to get it,,said she loved my "bed" of flowers. (09/04/2008)

By msburny

A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper