Making a Paper Fan
Many of us have made quick folded paper fans as children. Now you can make a pretty upscaled one for yourself or to give as a gift. This is a guide about making a paper fan
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This project is about how to make a paper fan. Most of us know how to quickly make a fan by folding a piece of paper back and forth. These instructions teach you how to take that one step further and add handles. The fan can be folded to put in your pocket or handbag and only takes seconds to unfold and use.
- 1 sheet of A4 paper
- 2 ice lolly sticks (Popsicle sticks)
- optional coloured markers
- 1 piece of fancy cord
- 1 small elastic band such as a loom band
- You can leave your paper plain, or if you like you can draw a design with coloured marker pens, or use fancy patterned paper.
- The folds of your fan need to be slightly wider than the wooden stick.
- Start folding back and forth from the short edge.
- Tie your cord around the fold in a double knot.
- Knot the ends together.
- Glue the two halves together.
- Insert and glue the sticks into the first fold on each side.
- Once all the glue has dried, bend the paper so the sticks come round to meet each other.
- The fan can be folded up to fit in your pocket or handbag.
- Use a small elastic band such as a loom band to hold the sticks together while open or shut.
In This Guide