Making a Pom Pom Blanket Loom

Category Miscellaneous
Making a Pom Pom Blanket Loom
A pom pom blanket is much easier to make if you have a loom for it. This is a guide about making a pom pom blanket loom.

I have just made a loom to make pompom blankets or cushions. Mine is for making blankets so if you want to make cushions it will need to be smaller. I made the frame approx 30" x 26" then put 1 1/2" nails all the way around the edge about 1 1/2" apart. You need to end up with an odd number on the short ends and even numbers on the long sides. There are some good posts and videos on pinterest to show how to wrap the loom, but I have had to use a few of them to work out the frame as none give any measurements. I am about to try it for the first time so will let you know how I get on. I also tried the ones with a card, but find they bend too easily as they get bigger.

Link: www.pinterest.com

use a hard wood like oak and pre drill your holes to prevent cracking the frame. I built my own tri loom and have found that hardwood holds the nails firmly. If you are still concerned about loose nails you can dip them in a strong glue right before you hammer them into the frame

How much wool is needed please

Hi what is width of your wood and nail size? How many roubds of bottom and top have you done? I know bottom is 3 balls at a time and top its 4balls at a time and approx half ball of wool for tying off x

could you please tell how much wool is needed to make the blanket, thanks