Making a Pom Pom Blanket Loom

Category Miscellaneous
A pom pom blanket is much easier to make if you have a loom for it. This is a guide about making a pom pom blanket loom.

I have just made a loom to make pompom blankets or cushions. Mine is for making blankets so if you want to make cushions it will need to be smaller. I made the frame approx 30" x 26" then put 1 1/2" nails all the way around the edge about 1 1/2" apart. You need to end up with an odd number on the short ends and even numbers on the long sides. There are some good posts and videos on pinterest to show how to wrap the loom, but I have had to use a few of them to work out the frame as none give any measurements. I am about to try it for the first time so will let you know how I get on. I also tried the ones with a card, but find they bend too easily as they get bigger.

Link: www.pinterest.com

How did your blanket turn out?

Hi how did your blanket turn out? Was the loom the right size?

How did your blanket come out? Is there some place to see it?

Anonymous

I made a loom ifound i had to stand and it was sore on my back so i got a easel its great i also got plastic clothes peg got them in the pound shop

I seem to remember my Mother making oneof these for my baby brotther and he is 66 this year she made it without the pompoms with cottonwaste from weaving mill. She also made peg rugs with this after our grandmother taught us all how to do this.

My father made these back in the 40's,after learning to do it in a San Diego rehab hospital, he was recovering from surgery.....He developed Alzheimer's Disease around age 65,died at 75. I never asked him how to make them, so I was really happen to finally find this on line. None of my father's relatives knew the directions, nor did they really understand what I was talking about.....

How do you stop the nails from becoming loose and coming out of the loom after wrapping a bunch of rounds of yarn around the nails on the loom. How many rounds of the base color did you do,and how many rounds did you do the top color?

Hi can you tell me how many balls of wool it takes to make one please.

use a hard wood like oak and pre drill your holes to prevent cracking the frame. I built my own tri loom and have found that hardwood holds the nails firmly. If you are still concerned about loose nails you can dip them in a strong glue right before you hammer them into the frame

How much wool is needed please