Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Recipe to keep away mosquitoes? Maybe plants or some kind of home remedy? Thanks for any information.

Tammy from Florida

Answers:

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Everywhere I ever lived we were cursed with mosquitoes, black flies etc. But then we moved again and it wasn't very long when we realized, we never ever had so much as one fly of any kind. Come to find out why, Salt water. Was the best 6 years ever, sure miss that salt water air now. But obviously they must not like salt water. (05/03/2008)

By Chicklet

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I can vouch for the post by Marty that Vanilla extract (used on your pulse points) is a good way to repel mosquitoes. You do have to reapply (though I've had mine on for hours because of little to no perspiring). I have used imitation before with good results. (05/04/2008)

By camo_angels

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I read that amber colored Listerine sprayed outside in the area where you are sitting, will keep mosquitoes away up to two days. I haven't had any mosquitoes to try it on yet, but it is sitting in a spray bottle on my deck,ready to go. This information was sent to me in an email, I don't know where they got the information. (05/05/2008)

By rae

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I found this one while researching recipes for cleaning products, I'll be trying it this weekend!

Mosquito Deterrent recipe
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Barbara Louise - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Source: a gardening forum

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add just a couple of drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish washing soap. Set the dish on a porch or patio. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white color, or what, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead, or fall into the water, or on the floor within about 10 feet. Works just super!

(05/06/2008)

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Listerine is a great mosquito repellent. Spray it around outside where you'll be sitting (about 15-30 min prior).
Also rub on skin, it really works. (05/08/2008)

By terry

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Try Neem Oil. It's organic and it works. (05/08/2008)

By Mythi

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Don't eat bananas during mosquito season. Mosquitoes love banana flavored skin. (06/01/2008)

By Sandee

Garlic pills

Hi, I heard about garlic pills and tried them this year. The first time I went out, I got 4 bites. It does not work for me. (06/01/2008)

By Jim

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

(submitted via email)

I heard of a plant called Lemon Balm that really works. Heather (07/01/2008)

By jess_admin

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I use original Listerine (the amber colored liquid) on myself and my family whenever we are out, and so far no bites at all. It cost me about 3.00 for a bottle of the generic brand and I put it into some smaller squirt bottles. Just spray on your exposed skin and they stay completely away. (07/02/2008)

By Curvaliscious

Mosquito on someone's hand.
Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Apple cider vinegar, lemongrass, lemons for natural mosquito repellant
Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Close-up of mosquito on human skin
Sulfur Mosquito Repellent
🎉
🎄