Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I have a huge mosquito problem. Is there a home remedy for this?

By Linda from Brighton, MI

Answers:

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I buy a product that is about 99 percent garlic and it does work, smells like an Italian restaurant for one day, but then keeps them away for a few weeks. You could try your own mixture or check this out: mosquitobarrier.com (06/25/2010)

By Allison5

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I am one of those people who can get bitten just walking to the car. I find that the Off brand refillable fan works really well. In fact, I keep an extra one in the car in case we are at someone's house and want to tour their garden. Also, a scented geranium outdoors is beautiful, has small lavender flowers, smells like a mixture of tangerine and grapefruit and repels mosquitoes. When the leaves start to turns brown, I collect them in a pretty container and keep them near my bed to ward off mosquitoes that might have gotten into the house. (06/25/2010)

By Goldie2

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I have a friend who recently visited Africa and used essential oils. I just tried them myself. I am in Florida and just went for a walk. I used 3 drops of peppermint oil and 2 drops of lemongrass oil with a base oil (2 tablespoons) such as coconut or almond oil. I slathered that on and went for a walk. No bites and I smell great! When I arrived yesterday I was bitten 3 times while unloading my car. I was armed today! (07/12/2010)

By terppam1

Mosquito on someone's hand.
Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Apple cider vinegar, lemongrass, lemons for natural mosquito repellant
Natural Mosquito Repellent Recipes
Close-up of mosquito on human skin
Sulfur Mosquito Repellent
🎉
🎄