Organizing Your Bedroom

Category Bedroom
Organizing Your Bedroom
It can be challenging to keep your bedroom from collecting clutter. This guide is about organizing your bedroom.

Okay! So your room is: messy, unorganized, boring, too dark, dull, too kiddish, too mature, sad, been the same "forever", no room, doesn't fit you, ugly, smells bad, or just looks like a tornado crashed through your room. I have the answers.

It looks like a lot but not really. Just pick your category.

Organizing

Clothes end up on the floor? Many people clean and clean and clean their room, but it still looks too packed and dirty or things just magically end up on the floor and you just don't know how it got there.

Well for starters, get a laundry basket. This will be your best friend. Make sure it's pretty. Or if your closet is big enough and it doesn't bother you, your could get a simple plastic nice colored one load basket at the Dollar store. It's not expensive. But for those people whose closet is small or there's no room in it for a basket, then hampers are perfect. Of course they're about 5-10 dollars, but that isn't that bad, and it's worth it. Get one that fits in a corner and has colors that match your walls or decor.

Every time you change your clothes, put them into the basket/hamper. It's so simple. Before the basket gets too full or to the top, wash it. Well that's for clothes, basically keep them off the floor. Even doing just this makes your room look bigger.

Bed always a mess? Okay, when you don't make your bed, not only is it ugly, but it makes your room look nasty! So if you have a lot of pillows and you sleep by yourself in a small bed, you really only need 2 and maybe 1 throw pillow for looks. Keep pillows off the floor. When you wake up, make the bed. If you have no time then at least make sure that there are no blankets, pillows, or sheets on the floor.

Shoes? Keep them in your closet or under your bed. If you're in a hurry, then at least kick them into a corner or against your wall. That way no one trips on them. For shoe organizers, the worst problems, I personally think tennis shoes are awesome to wear (Converse, Vans, etc.), but look ugly sitting on the floor, or a shelf in the closet. Racks are hideous, but what to do with them?

Okay, one thing, keep the boxes to your shoes. When you're done wearing them, put them into the box and then under your bed. If they don't fit under your bed, put them on the floor or a shelf in your closet stacked with all the other shoe boxes that are there. Yes, it's ugly until you get a shelf that has a door. OK I have 15 pairs of shoes, including 7 pairs of Converse, 2 Vans, 1 pair of boots, 3 pairs of Etnies, and 2 pairs of DC's. (yes I skate)

What Do I Do? Many people don't have a long shelf in their closet, but I do. What I do is have each pair of my shoes in order in a row and to hide them, I have curtains! After I get the pair of shoes I want, then I pull the small curtain over them and close my closet. The curtain is purple and is thick, and my feet don't smell, but I keep a bottle of Febreze in my closet and spray my shoes and clothes, occasionally.

Everything else? Nothing should not be on the floor! "If you use something, put it back", that's what my parents say and I do it. Guess what? It actually works.

If Your Room Stinks:

If you're the type of person who likes to keep your door closed all the time, that's a problem because you don't get any air circulation. I can't change that for you, so something else you could do is keep your window open while your door is closed. If you're very private and have peeping toms, then get sheer curtains. That way, you can see out, but they can't see in. (I would consider getting a nice bright color for the sheers like yellow, or a lime green.) This also is a good way to save electricity because of light, and fans, and air conditioning.

If You Want To Make It Homey:

Painted walls! Stay away from those red, black, navy blue, dark green, maroony colors. I personally like black, but it is depressing for everything to be that color; my room is a light purple. Making your room a light color makes it seem bigger which is great. Not only that, but if you have a bright light happy color, you can use dark and bright stuff in your room, which makes it nice.

Try getting (if you have the money) a love seat for when people come over. A love seat is a small couch made for 2 people. It is small and homey. Furniture is nice to have in a room.

Okay, well as you can see, I have much to say when I grow up. I want to be a organizer and clean people's homes and I would love to help and give you advice. I have much more to tell you but so little time. If this didn't help you, don't give up on me. I didn't say everything. I went through the basics. I have more on each topic and more topics I'd like to say but no time.

I would love to help if you have any questions about this.

I have ways to save money where you can buy things, what you should buy, and I'm good for all types of people. I'm pretty much free all the time so I will help you.

And for those who don't know, that's a laundry basket, lol.

By Destiny

A bedside pouch, easily made from a towel or yard of fabric, that fits between mattress and box spring helps keep clutter off night stands.

By Linda

My husband is a firm believer in piling and stacking. This is something he utilizes in every aspect of our lives including the bedroom. There are 3 sets of clothing that he uses daily (2 jobs and casual) so it is important that we keep them separate. In order to keep order in the corner of the room that he uses for laundry I have 3 things:

1. Laundry basket - self explanatory

2. Hooks on the wall - These are especially helpful for shorts or t shirts that aren't dirty, but never quite make it back to the closet.

3. Small trash can - This is a life saver. I used to think that wild animals foraged in his dirty clothes at night and left scraps of paper and gum wrappers everywhere!

After 17 years I figured out he wasn't going to do his laundry every 2 days like I do so I decided to roll with it!

By Jennifer from Central FL

If you live in a small home and need more space to store your crafts, yarn, and scrapbook supplies, think of buying an Under Bedskirt Shoe Organizer.

I share a bedroom with my two boys, ages 3 and 1. We have very little space to move around. I have my youngest son in the crib. My other son and I sleep in bunk beds. Our walls are blue and black and the room has a big closet. Is there a way to lighten up the room and create a little more space?

By Wanaya from Baltimore, MD

Answer Was this helpful? 1

There are three affordable improvements you can make.

The first one is to paint with anything from cream to light sky blue. That will give you a feeling of more space. If the ceiling is removable tiles, light sky-blue tiles and butter yellow rails can change the mood from dungeon to spring meadow instantly.

The second trick is to mount the crib with a couple of garden gate hinges on one of the bunk-bed uprights, so that you can swing it in between the lower and upper bunks. If the crib is new and flimsy, you may have to reinforce it by nailing or screwing some tin flashing around it. Tin flashing comes in rolls and is very cheap. You can also use a drawer from an old dresser as a swing-out crib. You will have to add a hinge post in a corner and triangle braces, then skirt the whole thing with flashing. If you need details on how to do that, write me.

Naturally, you will have to secure the bunk to the wall, so that it can not tip over.

The third trick is to put mirrors onto all empty wall spaces. This may sound silly, but that trick is in use in some of the finest palaces to create the illusion and feeling of large spaces. Any old yard sale mirrors will do just fine, and you can cut them just like window glass with a $1.49 glass cutter.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

I really need advice on how to clean my room. I spend almost every weekend cleaning it but I am just not organized enough to keep it clean. If any one has any tips please help.

Danielle from Kent, WA

Answers

I have found the best thing to do is start small. If you have an excess of items that you haven't used in more than 1 week, it's time for it to go. Many charities will take these items in good condition. Then you will have more space to work with.

OH-MY! What a kick! My adult kids live in or near Kent, WA! ...Below is the book that helped me like you wouldn't believe! It's an easy read that's also funny too! There's simple tips about how & where & when to clean, plus info about exactly WHAT kind of "Messy" you are. For example, I love to craft & sew so much I'll go from one project to the next without cleaning up in between, & if you do this for a month straight you don't even know WHERE to BEGIN cleaning

I used to just stare at the mess, not knowing where to start! The author suggests you start by the door then follow around the walls in one direction. She says you always need 3 - 4 empty boxes whenever you clean. One for things that go elsewhere in the house. One for give away & One for throw away. This means you won't be running all around the house each time you need to take something to the kitchen or wherever. This book has changed my life!

THE NEW MESSIES MANUAL: $5

http://www.amaz  ng/dp/0800757262

THE MESSIES MANUAL: about $3 (the original written in the 1980's)

http://www.amaz  ty/dp/0800759796

PS. Instead of cinder block under my bed (which are REALLY heavy) I used a stack of tiles that I taped together w/masking tape. As long as it's sturdy enough to hold your bed up, it'll work to raise your bed for more storage underneath!

Another thing that really has helped me with my little things (like sewing & craft supplies) is, I went to the Fred Meyer in Kent & bought some of their shelving strips that hook to your wall (they also have some free standing wood shelves for super cheep that can be painted)

Then I went to the Dollar Tree in Kent (on the corner where Kent-Kangley meets 240th Street) & bought a bunch of Square Plastic Dish Pans. These I arranged on the shelves to store things in. At "Dollar Tree" I also bought about 8 clear "shoe" boxes for storing smaller items. (they don't sell them at "Everything is $1, the other dollar store)

At the "Big Lots" in downtown Kent (across from K-mart) they sell a single bed for only $99 that comes with 3 drawers under in. Big Lots also have nice (free-standing) shelves for only $39. Big Lots is the best place to buy under bed storage boxes. That's where I bought my ("veggie") stacking Bins (where I keep my tools) I eye-bolted & wired them to the studs in my wall so they wouldn't fall over & they are now stacked to the ceiling full of tools.

---> But Danielle, You really have to make a decision. Do you want to spend 15 minutes a DAY cleaning your room, or a WHOLE DAY on the weekends cleaning it? Me, I usually go for the latter & WISH I'd done the former. <*grin*> GOOD LUCK to you!

First I think its great you want to organize and clean thats wonderful! Try getting some storage containers to start with to get your stuff organized. If you have space under the bed get some of the containers that roll under the bed to store stuff. As for cleaning once stuff is organized what I do is try to schedule my cleaning times. When I'm really busy I do a little between appointments or whatever so your not so tired. And frustrated.

Pick up after yourself. If you pick it up, put it away. Handle things only one time; don't put it down and think you'll get to it later. You won't; that's why the room is messy.

In the morning, EVERY MORNING, make your bed and take a two-minute swipe at your bathroom with sanitizing wipes while you're getting dressed. On your way to the kitchen for breakfast, take any dishes or laundry with you.

These four simple steps will go a long way to keeping things neat and inspiring you to further order.

Decide a few things: When is the last time you used or wore an item, can or will you use it again, and (be honest) does it fit? If you have many coats, keep two. One for everyday, and one for dressy occasions. same for shoes. Be selective and ruthless. Just think, if you donate to charity, it can be tax deductable, you give to someone not as fortunate as you, and you feel good. Win-win situation!

Books: Have you read it in the past year? Will you read it in the next six months? If no, donate it.

Bedding: I keep three seperate sheet/bedding sets, one heavy (winter) one lighter (summer) and one just cos I like it. Get those spacebags that you can vacuum out the air...just make sure if you do that route that you know that if you open and close those bags too much, I find that they do not stay airtight, and start to split...for my children (4 and 7), I keep two complete sets of bedding. One on the bed, one in the closet for when I change bedding.

oh, this should have gone with books, but: Magazines. If you buy it every month, subscribe, you'll save money. Then, after you have read the magazine cover to cover, if there is an article you really like, scan it into your computer, then donate it to local doctor or dentist offices or hospital waiting rooms.

As for storage: Don't forget that you can build UP as well as across. Stackable cubes, bins, etc. but one of the best things for keeping things neat: get in the habit of putting it away right when done using it...don't fall into the 'I'll do it later' routine. Also, before you go to bed, give your room a once over. Any dirty laundry that needs to be put in the hamper or clean that needs to be put away? Desk clear? Everything picked up from the floor?

Trust me, it may seem like it may take forever, but it won't, work steady, thoroughly and methodically. Slow and steady wins the race. If you are not sure, most likely you can get rid of it with very little exception.

Watch HGTV for those organising shows, as they often give inexpensive, creative and very cute ideas. Then watch 'How Clean Is Your House?' (check local listings) or Clean Sweep (again, check local listings) and see how bad it can really get, if you do not get ahold of it now.

Good Luck

Just go to www.flylady.net and she will help you. It is a free service.

I have been involved with this site for over 5 yrs and love the tips, ideas and support that is offered.

The most important tip in my opinion is to keep your running shoes on in the house.

Karyn

I think the best advice is to take baby steps.

I just helped a friend and one thing that really seems to have worked to make the room STAY clear is to put everything on the walls. Make your room like a store where everything is in plain sight so when you want to put stuff away you just throw this over here, that over there, no opening and shutting stuff. I hung tie racks up for necklaces, a shoebag rack on the wall for all the shoes (no more rooting around on the floor way back in the closet). A towel bar holds all the headbands, and a towel below that is on a second rod hanging there, and all the earrings hook into that. We went through the clothes and all the seldom-used ones went into the basement (warm dry basement). A set of bookshelves now has all the pants and tops, open and ready to grab. She didn't have a file cabinet so I bought a portable one, labeled categories, so now her photos and papers are safe and 'findable'. Her dirty laundry basket is at the foot of the bed, under a table, so it's sort of not so obvious yet a slam-dunk away. Good luck!

It is probably because you have too much in your room and that will make anyone stressful. Having less, means less stress or have lots of drawers to put the excess into. Also, dusting the furniture every week and cleaning the floors. Windows seasonally. Washing curtians, seasonally.

Donate the excess that you do not want or have a garage sale or auction. If you can keep up with the extra it is okay, but if not, get rid of it.

I really need help to organize my room. I keep cleaning it, but it just gets messy again, no matter what. I try to store things but they just make it back out on the floor again.

Thank you,
Alicia, Oregon, 14

There is a neat website (www.flylady.net) with tons of advice of how to get organized and stay organized. For example, she says just do a little a one time. When you start to organize, get two big garbage bags and each day put 27 items in one bag to throw away and 27 items in the other bag to donate to charity. When this is done (it may take you several days to do this) then you can "spring clean" your room one good time. Here's the kicker! Once you have spring cleaned, time yourself each day and just work on your room for 5 minutes! YES!! FIVE MINUTES PER DAY! Make sure you time this and really work for 5 minutes then stop. Believe it or not, over a period of time I have organized my ENTIRE house this way! P.S.- I think it's really neat that your 14 and want to get organized! I hope this helps!

A good way to start is to get rid of all that you do not need or like anymore, then donate these things to your local thrift store. Sometimes it is hard to organize when you have too much stuff.

Thanks for the tips it helped alot

Help! I really want to organize and Re-decorate. I love to make stuff so any ideas to organize or decorate that i can make are like perfact.

thanks,

Misty Rose, 12

The best way to clean your room is to make things very simple for yourself to put away. When you are tired, you tend to just throw things wherever you can to get them out of the way. Try buying some larger shelves that you can use for your clothes in your closet instead of just hanging them up or using drawers. Good luck!

I think the worst thing we all do is to just put things down when we're tired, or when we're ready to do something else. Over the course of a long and (sometimes) disorganized life I've learned that I shouldn't start anything until I've put away what I've been doing.

I use a lot of nice tote bags and baskets as "catchers" so that my rooms don't look messy.

My husband worked, years ago, for a tailor in the Bronx, who taught him to "work clean." He does, and it makes a big difference.

At a minimum, use some decent sized cartons, paint them a nice neutral color, and use them to corral things.

In the bedroom, you really need a clothes hamper!

I'm 14 to and just like anyone I always go up to my room and throw w/e anywhere there's a spot, I've tried to organize but I have to much stuff that I don't want to throw away! so yeah, if you can help me please say something! :)

make you a memory board. first get a plan on what color you want it to be. you can match your room already exsisting colors. pick a theme like western. flower power, poka dots etc. only a few craft items are needed like fabric choice, ribbons, foam board the size you want it to be, thumb tacks or push pins. i found a web site that has many ideas to get you started. it should tell everything you need like glue gun etc. walmart sells lots of fabric for $1.00 a yard. you could get about 3 yards of some print you like or that matches your wall colors or the bedspread you already have and add these 3 items to match and give a new inexspensive look. and all you need to sew them up is either a sewing machine, or hand stitch them or even use fabric glue.

1. photo wall memorie board (use some of your fabric to make this) go by the website ideas below)

2. use some of the fabric to make you two throw pillows for your bed. Cut out 2 cirles or 2 squares. You can either fill them with new polyfill which you get from walmart for$3 per bag. Or if you already have pillows on your bed just make new covers for them and slip over like pillowcases with ends left open.

3. use some of the fabric to make you a matching valance for your window. just measure the width of your window and cut fabrics lenght that measure plus high that measurement to give it a fuller look. a basic rectangle shape will work hen around the whole thing once or use fabric glue on hems edge. you can attach it to the rod by using colorful clips like for hair or use a gromit gun and use shower curtain hooks to hang them. even use clothes pins to hang them and paint your clothes pin and hotglue tiny cute objects to them like rings, silk flowers, etc.

a quick way to add a new but cheap priced look. and change it out with fabrics for the season like spring flowers, clouds, rainbow colors, fall leaves, etc.

beaded necklaces are great for adding decore too.

http://lindasivilich.tripod.com/

i have learned that even if you try these things you don't always have enough time so don't do it all in one night, pick a night/ day to do it and then have someone come and help you do it. Who knows it might be fun!

I need help! Whenever I take something to my room, it mysteriously ends up on the floor. I need a space to put my random things too. I wanna redecorate! Help please! :D

My 13 year old daughter has a medium sized bedroom and a queen bed. My mom bought her a bedroom set which includes the dresser/mirror and 1 nightable and a new mattress (queen) and I don't know how to organize it. My daughter is thinking of putting all her clothes into the drawers and putting shelves and a small chair in her closet. Can someone please help? Her comforter is black and white. Also she wants it cute and girly.

Thanks.

By Keila

I have no clue how to do my room. My mom says I have to clean my room and organize it tomorrow while she's at work. I share a room with my sister and have a small room with lots of furniture with more coming.

I have 2 closets one for me and one for her and 2 dressers one for me one for her. I have a twin sized bunk bed, a desk that is long, a chest, a laundry basket, mirror, and a sewing desk with a sewing machine and a lot of fabric. I also have a bunny and lots of crafts that need somewhere to go.
Please help.

By Kaylin

I try doing everything I can to make my room organized and still look cool. I have a double sized bed, a stool, art supplies in desk drawer and a little desk. How can I organize this room?

By sweetie123

My room is an absolute disaster and its only a 12' by 12' room. Things I have: a queen bed, a six drawer dresser, a large corner desk, a small 3' by 3' closet and, a floor lamp. I currently have everything under my bed and in my closet. I need to organize and we can't go out and buy anything.

By Erin

I need help organizing my room! I have a lot of stuff and I need it all. I have little storage, but a lot of clothes. I have tried every organizing tip I have heard, like throwing away or getting rid of stuff I don't need. I do it every month and my room is still messy and unorganized. I can never find anything.

I have a small desk with 3 large and deep shelves, a 6 foot long and 4 feet wide closet, 4 shelves, a night stand with no shelves or drawers (just a big opening), a 3 drawer dresser and 3 drawers underneath my bed. I would like the organizing ideas to be cute and fun.

Thanks.
Help from MI

Thanks.
help from MI

Answers:

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

If you put something back after you take it out and decide not to use it, you will never create any mess.

Something they tell executives when having to go through their mail is to do something useful with the letter while it is still in the hand. The minute you put it down, you create piles.

Don't buy any more clothing until you grow! (11/20/2005)

By cookwie

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

Cute boxes or whatever would keep it from looking cluttered. Look around at garage sales and get some that are covered and you could stack them. Could you hang a coordinating curtain of some kind over the front of your nightstand so you could use it for unseen storage? Or just put some cute boxes/baskets there to hold things. Not really original ideas I have, but hope you find a solution that works for you. (11/20/2005)

By Dede

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

There are hangers that hold 5 or 6 pairs of pants or skirts which should save some closet space. For all of the little things you can get a shelf system and use baskets on the shelves to hold things, add a curtain if you want to hide the baskets. Cookwie is right, everything should have a home, if it doesn't then it is clutter. http://www.FLYlady.com has some great ideas on how to handle clutter.

Love and prayers.

Linda (11/20/2005)

By lindaljh1

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

Boxes laid on their sides are great for keeping your room neat, but stll being able to get at everything easily and quickly. Whenever you or your parents receive something in a sturdy box, either cover the inside and outside of the box in wrapping paper or paint the inside and outside. As you get more, stack them in fun ways. You'll have lots of great cubbies of different sizes and no more complaints from the parents about a messy room! (11/22/2005)

By Connie

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

My room's a mess too and the best way to clean it is start with the clothes and then the trash! (10/09/2007)

By Same here

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

I had the exact same problem! What I did is I took a bunch of my stuff and put it into my attic, that way if I ever need any of it I can just go in the attic and get it out! Then I put shelves up behind my clothes in my closet to put stuffed animals, books, etc. on. I rearranged my room to where I can have lots of room for other storage if needed. I also made sure I always clean up my room! Hope this helps! (11/07/2007)

By Pretty_In_Pink

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

All you have to do is put on some music and get to work. It was make it seem like a breeze. (01/13/2008)

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

I have the same problem. I am constantly organizing, but my room is never organized! Plus, during the week, I don't have enough time to keep up with the mess that builds up. Anyway, I have some tips. First, I would suggest rearranging your closet often so that stuff never builds up in piles without you knowing. Also, set off specific areas of your room for homework stuff, music stuff, clothing stuff, jewelry, etc. Use creative boxes for things. Put pencils in jars, and repaint old things for new purposes. (02/03/2008)

By I know how you feel

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

I used to have that problem. First you ask your parents if you can go to Target or like Kmart and buy a lot of cute boxes small to big. Then invite some of your good friends to come and help you reorganize your room and decorate it. This is a fun and social way to do things and I hope it works. You can buy an organizer at Target for your closet which really helped in my room. I mean it! Hope it works. (02/17/2008)

By Kirsten

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

Every year do a major clean. Empty the room completely, clean everything, sort everything, and get new boxes and organizing tools from the department store. Play music too, it really does help the time pass. It takes a while, but it's worth it then do smaller cleans throughout the year. I do it every December. It's always feels nice to start a new year with a clean room. (03/25/2008)

By blank_canvas

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

My parents say- just clean it! I know how you feel, though even cranking up some tunes can get boring. Instead, I have a reward. If you want, go out and get yourself a reward, and make a game to go along. If you make a list of everything in your room, not like every little detail, but clothes, writing utensils, paper, that stuff, and then as you clean, write "two points" or whatever next to it. In the end, add up your points, and give yourself that many of the prize, whether the prize is candies or even organizing boxes and baskets. Remember, cleaning can't always be fun, but it sure is worth it! This way you can pass time, and your parents won't yell at you for having it be messy. Good luck! (04/06/2008)

By Mercedes

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

Hey, I know exactly what you are going through. I feel like I have so much stuff that it won't all fit in my room, but I need to keep most of it. Even though I'm sure you've heard some of these here's a list of my best tips:

1. First of all, get rid of clothes or things you don't need. They'll just get in the way as you organize everything else.

2. Put all of your winter clothes away for the summer and vice versa. This will save you closet space.

3. Hang up an over-the-door purse rack to keep the space in your closet open. Store your shoes either under your bed or in another over-the-door rack.

4. If you have books in your room, organize them by color on your desk shelves. The books make your work space look serious while the color gives the area some pop.
  5. For your nightstand, shelves, and dresser-top display things like picture frames, trinkets, trophies, etc. Keep things like CDs, electronics, and other non-decorative things stored in your closet in neat, labeled bins. That way you can still find them with easy access, but they won't take up your surface space in your room. That area is for decorating!
  6. Finally, personalize your room as much as possible. If you need some color on your walls, buy a couple of blank canvases at a craft store and paint them to match your room. Hang wood letters spelling out your name with ribbon above your dresser or bed. That serves as a dramatic center for the room. Write your name on home-made posters, on your organizing bins, tack it up on cork boards. Do anything to make your room your own.

Good luck. (04/13/2008)

By Chelsea

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room THE BEST TIPS EV

Okay! So your room is: messy, unorganized, boring, too dark, dull, too kiddish, too mature, sad, been the same forever, no room, doesn't fit you, ugly, smells bad, or just looks like a tornado crashed through your room! I have the answers!

It looks like a lot, but not really. Just pick your category.

Editor's Note: Destiny's feedback was so detailed and wonderful, we decided to make it a separate entry. For her advice, follow this link:

thriftyfun.com (04/25/2008)

By Destiny

RE: Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room THE BEST TIPS EV

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

One thing I have learned is that clothes are one of the main problems people have in their bedrooms. So here are some tips:

1. If you haven't worn it then you probably ain't gonna wear it. So put it in the give away pile.

2. If it doesn't fit you then don't save it and say I'll lose weight and be able to wear it, because you probably won't. Put it in the give away pile also.

3. Don't just throw your clothes on the floor when you get something out and don't wear it. Hang it back up. And when you take your clothes off at the end of the day either hang them up or if dirty put in a dirty clothes basket.

4. Have a dirty clothes basket in your room. Take it to the laundry one once or twice a week. However much you need to.
Hope this helps! (06/05/2008)

By ambi

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

This is not really cleaning, but I take any junk around my room (you know, small things) and I put them in shoe boxes and I put the shoe boxes under my bed. Sometimes I write on the lid what's inside so I can take a box and check the list to see if what I want is inside. (06/23/2008)

By Maggie

Cute and Fun Ways to Organize Your Room

I had to clear out my room tons because we are moving to a whole different state!
So, I made five piles.

1. stuff to keep
  2. stuff to give away
  3. stuff to give to my friend if she wants it
  4. stuff to store until the next season
  5. stuff to ask mum about because I cannot decide.

Obviously you can ignore the fifth one, ha ha.
It was easy. I was dreading it so much, but it was easy, and so worth it!
(Things I didn't give to my friends I gave to Goodwill.) (07/02/2010)

By justcallmemeggy