Browsing: Origami Craft Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Origami Craft Ideas

This Japanese paper folding art can be used to create beautiful decorations. This guide contains origami craft ideas.

Origami
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 24, 2011 Flag

This is a simple origami flower made from paper. Kids can make this with their parents, too. It's great for gifts and party decorations.

bouqet of paper flowers that includes a pink flower, a purple flower and 3 multi-colored flowers made from advertisements in a crystal vase

March 13, 2008 Flag

Origami Garbage BinAnother neat way to recycle newspapers is to fold an origami garbage bin!

I have only managed to make one so far. Because I don't subscribe to the local newspaper, I made mine from an advertising poster. You can sometimes get free movie posters at the video rental place, they have them rolled up in a basket behind the counter here and are FREE for the asking!

VERY handy little useful origami. If you have a cold your tissues could be thrown there and the whole thing discarded to prevent more germs! In the kitchen it would be handy for peels if you can't compost them! In the craft room or in the CAR! The possibilities are endless!

By melody_yesterday

January 15, 2016 Flag

This is a simple, but pretty, way to display your toilet paper. It adds an extra special touch when having guests over.

Toilet Paper Origami Fan

June 11, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about dollar bill origami ideas. Making folded paper origami designs using paper money is a fun gift idea.

Dollar Bill Origami Ideas

May 24, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about origami LED light embellishments. If you know how to make origami folded paper items then you can create some cute, colorful covers for a string of LED lights.

Origami LED Light Embellishments

September 18, 2008 Flag

Origami Basket

Origami Basket

Here is another wonderful paper craft from Maricel.

Click Here to download a PDF with step by step photo instructions for making this origami basket.

View This Page

This page is not on ThriftyFun, but we had to share it. Be sure to come back and rate it.

September 2, 2013 Flag

Yellow and white origami bird.Where in the UK can I get a project book for 3D origami or Golden Venture Folding?

By Cliff L

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-D-Geometric-Origami-Rona-Gurkewitz/dp/0486288633

I found one like it here.

November 15, 2007 Flag

When were were at a Chinese buffet, I noticed several Origami hearts clipped over a glass at the checkout counter. The little Chinese waitress handed one to me to see. It was so neat!

On one side, you can insert a coin (no idea why, other than as a weight if you use it as a bookmark?), the back side clips over a page, but it's so neat. I traded her $2 for 2 of the hearts. I've been trying to take a picture of it, but it keeps turning out blurry. Here are instructions on You Tube.

Ariela from Jax, FL

January 17, 2007 Flag

Long ago and far away (when I was in college), a guy that I was dating gave me an origami flower (it was 3D and had a 3D pyramid in the center - I think there were 4 or 6 3D petals). Does anyone know how to make this flower or other 3D origami flowers?

Thanks!

Heather from CT

I think it might have been a traditional lily. Have a look at this website to see if you recognise it.

http://www.perfectnow.net/origami/pages/lily.html

Carole

January 6, 2010 Flag

Here is a very simple pin cushion. Use the lidded box origami fold instructions and make at least one or the other, top or bottom of the box.. Use a felt scrap to fit down into the box, rolled and snuggly tucked in. You could place a piece of peel-n-stick magnet tape or glue in an old advertisement magnet into the lid.

I made only the bottom of the box (as pictured) from recycled kitchen cardboard that I doodled on the brown side of. Use whatever colors you have scrap of or choose colors to suit your mood! I hung a little craft punch lizard by the tail off the side of mine for fun!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

April 7, 2008 Flag

I was going to give my brother money for his birthday, and decided to do something besides stick it in a card. Here are some web sites describing how to fold dollar bills into interesting forms. Since I have never done origami, it will be interesting to see how it will turn out!

This one has lots of different origami diagrams.

By Alyssa from Mo

View This Page

Crafts PaperJanuary 22, 2013
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Folded Paper Flower Box
Making a Folded Paper Flower Box
Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Making a Toilet Paper Origami Fan
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
Origami Chopstick Wrapper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 7:58:10 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.