Preventing Glitter from Falling Off Clothing

Keeping this shiny decoration on material can be a challenge. This guide is about preventing glitter from falling off clothing.

Red Glitter Shoes
Filter Sort

Question: Glitter Coming Off an Evening Gown

By pikkymama 1 4

Is there a way to stop glitter from coming off evening gown? There is a spiral type design with glitter on it throughout the gown. After getting up from sitting, there is glitter all over the chair. I've only worn the gown once because of this problem.

Pikkymama

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thank you Dyan and Darlene both for your suggestions. I haven't lost a lot of glitter - it falls off a little when I walk and leaves a little glitter behind after sitting. The design is thin spiral type lines with glitter throughout the gown. I can hardly wait to see Phantom - I heard it was excellent. We're going to Las Vegas to see it. I have worn out the VHS already from watching the movie so much! I now have it on DVD. Thank you for telling me how much you enjoyed it Darlene. It'll be fun. Pikkymama

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Glitter Coming Off Shoes

I bought some shoes with glitter on them and the glitter comes off. What can I put on them to stop it?

By Melissa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda 45 303 Flag

I've been reading about putting decoupage glue on items after you glitter them - tools, etc. Should work on shoes! Let me know if you try it?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Glitter Fell Off of Dress

I wore my sister's dress to homecoming. It's the type of dress that has glitter all over and sparkles. But when I was dancing, a lot of the glitter came off of the butt and I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone know a way to fix a dress like that?

By K.H. from Cottonwood, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine D. 10 23 Flag

I think you just might save the day with a bit of fabric glue lightly brushed on the areas where the glitter is gone. Use extra fine glitter and gently dust it over the glue and let it dry. This just might work but of course when wearing any garment the glitter is bound to come off. There is also a fabric glue especially for glitter that can be purchased at the craft stores. I've used this method when painting and dec orating sweat shirts and it's worked well.There are many colors and types of glitter so choose carefully to get as close a match as possible.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Fixative to Prevent Glitter from Coming Off Dress

Is there a fixative for fabric to keep glitter from falling off excessively? I have a mother-of-the groom dress with an empire waist. The cloth above the waist has glitter threads throughout. It sheds glitter easily.

A friend suggested I buy a fixative to spray on it to keep most of the glitter from falling off. I have a few concerns: 1) would the white cloth turn yellow? 2) would the fabric feel tacky after the fixative dries? 3) would sewing alterations be made difficult, or would the needle on the sewing machine become gummed up?

By JLW

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Karen H. 10 140 Flag

How about spraying a little unscented hairspray on it? You can always spray a light cologne to get rid of the alcohol smell in it. And it Is sticky & cheap! Good Luck. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Glitter Falling Off Dress

By Lynda M. 1

black dress with glitter patternHow do I stop glitter from falling off my dress?

By Lynda M. from Leeds

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Keeping Glitter on a Dress

I have a dress that has glitter on the waist up and on a jacket. What can I do to keep the glitter from falling off? I do not have a photo of the dress.

By Doris

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Keeping Glitter from Falling Off Dress

I have a dress for my son's wedding and I would like to know how to keep the glitter on, without it falling off.

By Doris

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Keeping Glitter from Falling Off Ballgown

How do I stop the glitter from coming off of a ballgown with a very full skirt, I have purchased for my daughter's wedding?

By CB from Calgary, AB

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Glitter Falling Off Hats

I recently purchased hats covered with glitter. The glitter falls off the hats and is everywhere! Is there something I can spray on the hats so the glitter stays on the hats and off everything else?

By Sally V.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJanuary 14, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
Preventing Stains on Clothing
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 5, 2016 at 5:46:23 PM on 10.0.1.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings