Puppy Peeing Everywhere

I have a Bulldog puppy (10 Weeks) and he won't stop peeing on my floors. I always praise him for going outside. He never poops in the house; I've done a good job of catching that and taking him outside. He never shows any signs that he is going to pee like many other puppies do. He does go out often after he plays, has been napping, or been asleep etc., but it just seems that the minute he gets back to the apartment he pees again. If it makes any difference he never really pees a lot, usually a small amount. This is a new development in the last few days. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do, please help.

Thanks.
Tyler from TX

Answers:

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

I also have a Bully and they are the most awesome dogs you can own. For the peeing I used puppy pads and slowly moved them to the door. Please beware of crate training because Bull dogs are very sensitive. I know you can crate train them, but remember Bullies are a different kind of breed. Before I owned one I would have said they are a dog like any other dog, "no" they are not. And remember to clean his ears weekly if not you will have frequent trips to vet. (04/11/2007)

By Mary Ann

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

"if it makes any difference he never really pees a lot usually a small amount, this is a new development in the last few days."

You might want to try the vet since it sounds like he might have a urinary tract problem. It's had a sudden onset, and he does go outside for the most part with only the urge and a small amount after you get back inside. (04/12/2007)

By Carla

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

I've never crate-trained a dog in my life. If it's the middle of winter when I get a puppy, they're paper trained right by the door they will eventually be using to go outside. If the weather is good enough, I train them straight outside and have never had a problem. The only thing I've ever used a crate for is traveling on an airline, when we brought our dog with us from Iceland, and for taking cats to the vet. (04/12/2007)

By Carla

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

Yes, I have to say consistency is totally necessary. Reward good behavior and ignore bad behavior. Be patient. Provide a good place outside for him to pee that is close, especially if you have an apartment. He may in fact be having a bladder problem. See a vet. Spend lots of time watching his movements. Remember you're looking after a very young kid.

I am not a fan of crate training at all. Sure it's more convenient for the human, but as far as I can tell none of them have been crate trained themselves. Dogs may indeed be den animals, but above that they are social animals and want to be with their pack. My dog prefers to sleep on the bed and clearly many others do.

Our new puppy who slept on our bed from the time she was 7 weeks or so only peed on it once when she couldn't hold it long enough. It's true that they don't like to pee where they sleep. Crate training is a new trend geared more towards humans than dogs.

And please, for anyone else planning on getting a puppy, discover what you need to "before" you get the dog. Why take the chance on doing emotional harm to a tiny young animal who needs love, patience, and gentle guidance? (07/10/2007)

By Sheraone

Puppy Peeing Everywhere
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎉
🎄