Puppy Won't Pee Outside?

I just got a 9 week old puppy and have had her for 8 days now. When she first came she was going outside to the toilet, but about 3 days ago she just wouldn't go in the garden. She has only had her first injection; the second one is due the 20th of February! She will poop out there. She has never done that in the house, but won't wee out there. Does anyone no why this may be and what I can do to stop this?

Something may have scared her when she was trying to urinate. Keep her on a strict walking and feeding schedule and praise her when she goes outside.

Hi,

I would make sure that she is on a schedule, with meals and walks at the exact same time each day. She should be in a crate, if you are crate training her, in between outside times. However you choose to do it, take her out at more frequent intervals and use a word such as 'Potty time' when she is peeing or pooping outside. Let us know how it goes.

---Robyn

she is probably scared if you take her to a different spot she might start going out side to do it

Hi,

I wanted to add that this is too young of an age to expect a pup to be housebroken or to go on any type of a routine basis.

Your best bet is to take the puppy out very often and if you do see anything, then praise and clap you hands for her. Anything you see out in the garden, at this age, is only coincidence.

Make sure that you are taking her out after each meal, after each playtime, and after each nap.

Best wishes,

Robyn

Blessings on your new pup! 9 weeks old is a baby and most dogs are not fully trained until at least 9 months, some even older. Have you started crate training her? That to me, is the best method. Ask your vet for what works best for her breed as some breeds they have different crating recommendations.

Be consistent with the pup with meals, breaks, crating, praise (NEVER DISCIPLINE--redirect and praise are the best teaching tools) and walks. She will learn. It just sometimes takes a while so please be patient with her!! She is, after all, just barely old enough to be away from her birth mommy!

Keep up a good relationship with her vet too!! That is critical to her health!! My last dachshund was 17 1/2 years old when she crossed the rainbow bridge. I attribute her long life to getting amazing vet care, having a loving mommy (me) and daddy, a consistent schedule, no people food and a consistent, well balanced dog food diet.

Prayers that you have a lovely history together!!

Pets Dogs House TrainingFebruary 7, 2019
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Puppy-Wont-Pee-Outside.html