When Can a Puppy Safely Be Outside?

Leaving a puppy outside alone, will depend on your yard and how secure and hazard free it is. The age of the pup also is also a factor. This is a guide about, "When can a puppy safely be outside?".

I have a 7wk year old puppy and he has to stay outside night and day from now on. Is it safe for him for to?

Answers

Best Answer

If you have a fenced in yard, a long leash, plenty of food and water and bearable temperatures I would reluctantly say yes. Otherwise I would say no. A dog needs companionship.

Best Answer

I have one dog that is an outside dog. He was raised in our yard. But I live in the tropics and there isn't a lot of cold weather here for the dog.

If you want to keep this poor puppy outside all the time then you'll need to buy it a dog house and a bed. He will need a place to go that is out of the rain or snow if this applies in your area. Being so small this dog will cry all the time.

You might want to consider finding this dog a new home. If you don't want the dog in your home and only want to keep it in the yard maybe the dog is better off in a different home. Just a suggestion.

Best Answer

I am so sorry. It sounds like you have not been given a good option here. A puppy that age can't take care of itself outside. It cannot adjust to the weather, it cant avoid other critters that may want to harm it, it doesnt know the road isnt a safe place.

Finding a new home for this puppy, even if it is just your local dog rescue might be the best idea. Good on you for stepping up to make things right for the puppy.

I have a 6 week old puppy and I wanted to know when is the best time to start leaving her out in the backyard alone to play? Is she too young? Will she be permanently fearful if I leave her out? Will she be afraid of neighbor's dog when he barks? I would greatly appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks,

sphinx

Answers

Best Answer

IMOH a 6 week old pup is way too young to be left alone either outside or inside. You will end up with a timid, fearfull dog. This is the age when they need socialization both with humans and other pets. They are still learning just how to be a dog.

Contact your neighbor and arrange for both dogs to meet (on leash) and give each other a good sniff. Bring treats for both. Let them play together if they will. Spend at least an hour together a couple times a week.

Introduce the puppy to other dogs and humans. Arrange a "play date" with two or three other dogs as often as you can.

I have a 10 week old Great Dane. He has had some of his shots, 1 set of parvo and he has the deworming shots. I was wondering if it is OK to leave him out in the back yard while I'm at work (of course with some water?

By jasmine ethan

Answers

Best Answer

Parvo lingers in grass longer than you would expect. His system needs time to react to his vaccine. Parvo is a horrible disease. Can you create a barrier and make a small space for him in the house?

Get a dog crate, but disinfect a used one with bleach before bringing in house and wash your hands before bringing in house? He's awfully young to leave alone outside. Bear in mind he will be a huge dog and you want him very well socialized so as to train him easily.