Keeping New Puppy Outside with Resident Dog

I have an 8 year old dog that has lived outside all it's life and it hates to come in. I might be getting another puppy and I was wondering if I could keep it outside with my other one?

Thanks.

It is not safe Your puppy is not vaccinated and is exposed to the elements.

It is too small to be left outside. There are too many predators out there, both land and air predators. It wouldn't be wise. I knew someone who once did this, and a rabid raccoon attacked the puppy. This person shot the raccoon and then the puppy because of the fact it got bit and attacked by a rabid raccoon. I know there are lots of animals out at night...foxes, raccoons, possums...etc.

I don't know where you live, but where we are there are hawks and large birds that have carried off and harmed small and medium size dogs and cats who were outside.

I would not leave any dog outside unattended for this reason.

The other reason I would not leave dogs out unattended is if your town is like mine, there are ordinances about dogs being left outside in weather extremes and others about barking. The fines are quite steep and in some cases after 3 violations, they take the dog away from you.

I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer...I am just sharing my experience from where I live and my own feelings.

Well, my 8 year old dog has spent it's whole life outside, and she is fine, even when she was a puppy she stayed outside all the time. And we live right in the middle of the woods. But I think my new pup will be fine outside with my other one.

Puppies aren't very smart yet. Things that are not a problem for a mature dog can be dangerous for a puppy.

You would be wise to let him grow a little and learn a few things before he is on his own.

Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 22, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓