Recycled Container Craft Ideas

Recycled containers of all sizes and shapes can be used in crafting projects. This is a guide about recycled container craft ideas.

May 4, 2010 Flag

An easy and inexpensive craft to make for mom for Mother's Day.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes or less

Instructions:

Cover your work area with newspaper. Fill a clean baby food jar with potpourri.

Use the dip container lid as a stencil. With a Sharpie marker, trace a circle around the dip container lid on the tulle. Make sure you have newspaper underneath the tulle. Cut out the circle of tulle and put it on top of the baby food jar.

Wrap the rubberband around the top of the jar to keep the tulle in place.

Hot glue ribbon around the top of the jar to cover up the rubberband and then hot glue the flower or bow on the front.

Lo1DungDep400x300.jpg

I made these as a little gift to give each woman in our church for Mother's Day. My sister gave me the baby food jars. The tulle came from wedding decorations that were going to be thrown away. I saved the rubberbands from my Sunday paper.

I made about 65 jars and only paid for the potpourri. It was $1.00 a bag at Dollar General and I used 3 bags. I had a bunch of small ribbon flowers that I bought at the Goodwill in a bag of crafting supplies. These jars cost less than 22 cents each to make.

These would make good gifts if you were having a mother/daughter dinner before Mother's Day. You could sit a jar at each table setting.

They smell wonderful. But if you have allergies like me, you might want to take an allergy pill before starting this craft if you're going to make a bunch.

By Dana from Normaville, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

When a friend got some cherry tomatoes, it hit me this container looked like the mini terrariums from the 70s. All sorts of things came to mind, but I can't grow anything but mold so the next best thing was a faux terrarium. I was at the dollar store and saw these cacti and thought how cute that would be.

Just clean the container, cut down the whole plant so the stem is gone, then the other so the leaves are separate. I just placed them where I thought they would go, snapped on the lid and no one is the wiser!

This tip costs $1.00 and is fun for kids to do. Some real mini plants would do well in these too.

N-JOY!

Source: Never seen it but have seen faux flowers done this way.

Link: N/A

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 2, 2013 Flag

Why not recycle worthy containers right back into our homes, I say! I gather together appropriate recycle-worthy containers, and, with an inexpensive roll of yard sale or thrift store wallpaper, one can turn such containers into a darling variety of matching holders of whatever you want! Attach temporarily with double-sided tape, add a couple layers of decopage and voila! Cute containers for next to nothing.

Directions:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

November 28, 2009 Flag

Try this idea for a quick, inexpensive way to organize and dispense elastic, ribbon, twine or yarn.

A ribbon dispenser made from a recycled container

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 29, 2013 Flag

If you cut a circle out of a butter container lid, and then cut a 'U' shape inside of it, it will act like a temporary clothespin.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 29, 2013 Flag

Here is a painted flower pot with metal tape handle. I used a drawer pull for the topper.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

August 2, 2010 Flag

I am a person who cannot keep up with her belongings. Let me hasten to remind you that it is not age. I have always been a scatterbrain and I have watches, umbrellas, and car cups scattered all over. I can't make a watch or an umbrella, but I have come up with a freebie car cup. Older people in Houston need a ready supply of water during at least 10 months out of the year.

I took a large plastic mayonnaise jar and a bendy soda straw and voila! a car cup. DH drilled the holes in the plastic jar lid since he doesn't like me playing with his power toys. He drilled one hole for the straw and one for water displacement. If I lose it I have a ready supply of jars and straws on the shelf.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

recycled drink container

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 9 Comments
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersJanuary 3, 2013
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons, Uses for Old Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:34:28 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.