Remedies for a Minor Burn

Category Home Remedies

Burns are painful no matter how small. This guide contains remedies for minor burns.

If you ever get a light burn on your fingers, my grandmother always said to bury your fingers in your scalp for a little while. It will take the heat away. And, also she would put dirt in a bowl and add water and make mud. It's a cooling reaction and, it works. : )

By Cheri - Niles, Ohio

Tips for treating minor burns you get in the kitchen. Post your ideas.

Cover burn or sunburn completely with gel. If using plant, break off a piece of stem from aloe vera plant and squeeze gel from piece of plant directly onto burn. Leave on, do not wash off, reapply as needed.

Honey works remarkably for minor burns. I picked up a pan that came out of a 400 degree F oven with my bare hand and did not have any silvadeen cream. I cooled my hand in water and them spread honey on it and put a rubber glove on. Slept with it all night, next morning, no pain and almost no evidence of the burn that would have blistered without attention.

By CERTPAC from CA

Editor's Note: This is only for minor burns, anything serious should be treated by a medical professional.

I now keep an old fashioned product on hand - Colloidal Silver. It's essentially the liquid produced by generating electricity through silver. It is antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal. It also has a miracle property of numbing the area of the burn while cleansing and treating it.

From there, I will coat it with some aloe vera. Bandaging as needed. I'm clumsy and frequently burn or cut myself. I now grab the colloidal silver as my first line of treatment, for my dogs as well. It's also a wonderful substance for cleaning the kitchen and parrot cage.

Keep this in your fridge for quick treatment of cooking burns, etc. It works really well to provide soothing relief. Purchase a tube of Preparation H with aloe. Cover the box in a piece of paper marked " For Burns " and store in your fridge in the kitchen.

This cream works really well as a soothingly salve for a burn. I burnt the palm of my hand and fingertips when cooking. I ran my hand under cool water and then applied the cream and wrapped my hand in a clean cotton sock. By the next morning, there was no redness, swelling, or pain.