Browsing: Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing

Lipstick leaves an oily waxy stain on clothing that can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing lipstick stains on clothing.

Lipstick stain on a white shirt.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 8, 2016 Flag

I washed and dried a load of laundry and after it dried I discovered that I had left a lipstick and a pen in a pocket. Also, one baby sheet has a blood stain. Is there anything that I can try to remove the stains; they are mostly baby items.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 8, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about removing lipstick stains on leather. Using the correct method and cleaners makes removing lipstick from leather an easier job than expected.

Opened tube of Red Lipstick on black leather surface

June 23, 2006 Flag

If you get a lipstick stain on your clothing, try pretreating it with cold cream or shortening. Then rub a little grease fighting dish detergent into it and launder as usual.

June 20, 2011 Flag

How do I remove a lipstick stain from my clothes? It was in my kid's pocket and transferred in the dryer to everything! Please advise.

By Sara M. Hello Kitty clothing with lipstick stains. White laundry with lipstick stains.

I would say try to boil water when its boiling pour it into basin and mix with tide powder and then put your stain clothe maybe the lipstick will come off from your clothe..Sometime my aunt do this way and it was working for her.

April 20, 2010 Flag

My daughter's first communion was yesterday and someone got lipstick on the front of her dress when giving her a hug. The dress says it's 100% polyester and can be washed in cold. She has to wear it again soon for pictures. How do I get the stain out?

By Marilyn from St. Charles, MO

Pre treat stain; dawn is good as are other products like shout. If you can get the stain out, and dry in the sun. It will act as a natural bleaching agent without damaging the dress.

I've had great luck using hair spray. Just saturate the area, leave on for a couple minutes, then rinse. Repeat as necessary. It works on ink too.

February 12, 2012 Flag

I dropped a lipstick on a white shirt and now I have a huge mark. How can I clean it off? I haven't done anything with it yet.

By Colleen M

I've removed lipstick (and other oil and wax based) stains from my cotton and cotton blend dress shirts by doing the following. Will it work on other materials or your stains I can't say.

What you need:

Good old fashion Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol

Liquid Dish Soap (amazing Dawn works well)

A clean cloth or two (face cloths works well)

How:

Wet a section of the cloth with alcohol

Blot stain with wet section of cloth. Keep blotting using clean wet cloth sections until stain lifts (large stain do in sections)

Next blot the area with some liquid dish soap and

Launder.

Keep in mind

Read the care tag on the shirt (Dry Clean Only - take to your Dry Cleaner)

Never Rub - Blot Only

Longer the stain has been - the harder to remove

If the shirt and stain has been laundered it may be too late

Never use hot water or heat dry the stain.

If all else fails, and as a last resort you may want to (and as crazy as this sounds) replace the Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol with "WD-40".

Used the WD40 for lipstick that busted on clothes in dryer and worked beautifully!!!!

January 21, 2005 Flag

If Mom has makeup, even only for rare occasions, the lipstick will one day become the lip, face or clothing smear (of course only on the children's best clothing, not the play clothes which could go easily in the rag bin). It may also become a stain on the most obvious spot in the whole house, in the middle of the living room carpeting.

Lipstick On Carpet: Take a small amount of Skin so Soft and a soft rag and gently work it into the rug, gently not rubbing it deeper into the fibers, this can be dabbed until little is left and a good spot cleaner can remove the residue left behind.

Lipstick On Face: For the beautiful faces of lipstick, a soft wash cloth and skin so soft will do the trick without the tale tale clown look left for days.

Lipstick On Clothing: Spray or pour a small amount on the clothing, dab lightly rub, and launder the former reminder for years away and no one will no the lipstick culprit had struck again.

By Shelley

October 4, 2012 Flag

I have white jeans stained with lipstick in the dryer. How do I treat the stain?

By Vivian

Try adding warm water with detergent and see if that helps.

August 28, 2009 Flag

I got red lipstick on a white silk dress, how can I get the lipstick off?

By furch from CA

I have heard that WD-40 will remove lipstick stains but I am not sure if this will work on silk but you could try a tester patch.

Put a spot of WD-40 on your blouse in an inconspicuous place (under the arm for example) and then wash as you would normally. If there is no sign or residue of it then you could try it.

Saturate the lipstick stain with WD-40 and then rewash. It should come out perfectly.

Good luck,

Monique :)

Victoria's Secret sells a product specifically for lipstick and other oils on lingerie. I think it was $10 but a little goes a long way and it really does work.

Sandy

September 4, 2011 Flag

How do you get lipstick out of a white, gauzy nylon blouse?

By Cindy

I watched a gal use plain white toothpaste to remove lipstick from a synthetic dress.

February 27, 2011 Flag

How do I wash lipstick out of a full load of clothes that got lipstick all over them from the dryer. They are formals and dress clothes and made from a variety of fabrics.

By Tamaria from Tacoma

You have to consult the dry cleaners on this if you don't want to screw it up. My granddaughter just did this to my clothes and dryer. A scented and dyed lip gloss. I had to use Amway Trizyme, Amway SA8 in the washer on hot water to remove it.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 14, 2012
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
pots of lipstick
Making Lipstick
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 8:56:04 PM on 10.0.0.156 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.