Browsing: Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing

Often the creases in our clothing resulting from sitting and other activities seem to be permanent, and impossible to remove. This is a guide about removing "permanent" creases from clothing.

"Permanent" Creases on Slacks
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 1, 2006 Flag

Man IroningDid you know that there is a very quick and simple way to add or remove permanent creases in your ironing. Simply mix 1/3 of a cup of vinegar to 2/3 of a cup of water. Using a spray bottle dampen the fabric in the area that you require the permanent crease or to remove a crease. Cover with some brown paper or similar and iron.

By Gary

December 19, 2005 Flag

From sitting so much I seem to have permanent creases in my slacks. I need a way to get rid of the creases. They are where the body meets the legs.

Helen from Ontario Canada

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I've read that you can spray the creases with white vinegar and the creases will iron out.

I used to have this problem all the time with my wool slacks and sometimes with my cotton slacks. I finally started buying slacks that are mostly polyester (with some wool or cotton) and I don't have that problem anymore. Hope this helps you to get rid of the "smiles" in your pant legs!

Pat

MY FAVORITE PRODUCT TO USE WHEN I PRESS OR IRON MY CLOTHES IS "FAULTLESS MAGIC SIZING". IT ALSO COMES IN OTHER BRANDS. THEY WORK GREAT, TOO. I USE A STEAM IRON AND SPRAY THIS ON, PRESS, AND IT ALWAYS LOOKS GREAT! CAN'T DO WITHOUT IT. LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT. ONCE YOU USE IT, YOU CAN'T DO WITHOUT IT. CLOTHES LOOK MUCH BETTER!!!!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 10, 2013
wrinkled slacks
Removing Wrinkles from Permanent Press Clothing
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:25:08 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.