Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing

Often the creases in our clothing resulting from sitting and other activities seem to be permanent, and impossible to remove. This is a guide about removing "permanent" creases from clothing.

February 6, 2017 Flag

A spray bottle with a fine mist on a black background.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Spray clothes with a mixture of vinegar and water prior to ironing to help remove creases. This is a guide about removing creases with vinegar spray.

September 12, 2016 Flag

Sometimes when you lengthen a garment the crease line from the previous hem remains. The way to get rid of that is to moisten the crease with vinegar, and iron on the hottest setting allowable for the fabric. I always use a press cloth to protect the fabric.

I've been doing this for years very successfully. This is a great solution when styles change or you want to let your growing child wear clothing a while longer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 19, 2005 Flag

From sitting so much I seem to have permanent creases in my slacks. I need a way to get rid of the creases. They are where the body meets the legs.

Helen from Ontario Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I've read that you can spray the creases with white vinegar and the creases will iron out.

I used to have this problem all the time with my wool slacks and sometimes with my cotton slacks. I finally started buying slacks that are mostly polyester (with some wool or cotton) and I don't have that problem anymore. Hope this helps you to get rid of the "smiles" in your pant legs!

Pat

MY FAVORITE PRODUCT TO USE WHEN I PRESS OR IRON MY CLOTHES IS "FAULTLESS MAGIC SIZING". IT ALSO COMES IN OTHER BRANDS. THEY WORK GREAT, TOO. I USE A STEAM IRON AND SPRAY THIS ON, PRESS, AND IT ALWAYS LOOKS GREAT! CAN'T DO WITHOUT IT. LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT. ONCE YOU USE IT, YOU CAN'T DO WITHOUT IT. CLOTHES LOOK MUCH BETTER!!!!

November 1, 2006 Flag

Did you know that there is a very quick and simple way to achieve permanent creases in your ironing. Simply mix 1/3rd of a cup of vinegar to 2/3rds of a cup of water. Using a spray bottle dampen the fabric in the area that you require the permanent crease. Cover with some brown paper or similar and iron.

By Gary S

Answers:

Ironing Permanent Creases

Wow, Gary, thank you! I will try this on lots of things - especially my oxford shirts - for the sleeves. I assume this work on all cotton?

Jennifer (11/23/2004)

By ILuvDobes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 10, 2013
wrinkled slacks
Removing Wrinkles from Permanent Press Clothing
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Removing Creases with Vinegar Spray
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:38:06 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.