Browsing: Removing Urine Odors from a Couch

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Urine Odors from a Couch

Removing urine odors from upholstered furniture can be difficult. This is a guide about removing urine odors from a couch.

Couch with urine odors.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 11, 2016 Flag

My elderly mother peed on my couch. Is there anything I could do to get the pee smell out of the cushions?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My ill mom urinated on my couch. How do I remove that circular pee stain from my couch?

Baking soda

Read More Answers...

July 2, 2016 Flag

My couch has over night urine on it. How can I remove the stain and odor?

How to remove human urine from upholstery?

Help! how can I get pee off my couch from my dog?

August 1, 2016 Flag

How do I get urine smell out of a recliner chair upholstery?

September 10, 2015 Flag

How do I get rid of a smell that smells like pee?

www.animalplanet.com/pets/10-tips-for-cleaning-cat-urine/

SCOE10X is recommended.

by using dishwater liquid mixed with water

August 20, 2013 Flag

How do I get my children's urine smell out of my couch? It's a corner couch and it has pillows for the back, So how do I get the smell out of my couch? I have tried everything. Does anyone know any tricks, because I have taken the covers off and washed them in the washer, but the couch cushions still smell like urine.

By Ashlee

I am having this issue at this very moment. My daughter had an accident on the couch after she fell asleep there and I didn't carry her to her bed. I cleaned her up and got her in bed and fell back asleep before taking care of our new sofa. This morning I used my carpet cleaner with upholstery attachments to clean the cushions. I used cold water and a cap full of vinegar (I wasn't sure if the vinegar would harm the fabric) and sucked up as much moisture as possible. The odor was still very strong so I used baking soda very liberally all over the cushions. I took handfuls and spread it all over the fabric and interior foam cushion (after unzipping it partially because the urine was right where the zipper stops and the fabric continues). Again, I used a lot and pressed it into the foam and all over the fabric. I wasn't too worried because we have a warranty that covers these instances and allows for you to try and remove stains yourself before making a claim. I figured if it didn't work I'd just call the company and fill out the many forms and send them in along with the blood of my firstborn (they don't make it easy to file these claims at all!). After letting the baking soda sit for a few minutes I got impatient and vacuumed it up. The smell was dissipating but was still there. I reapplied the baking soda and let it sit for a solid 30-45 minutes. I looked at the cushions and thought to myself, I'm never going to get all of this up so I better go hunt down that receipt if I don't want my couch to forever look like I dumped a bag of flour on it. Well, to my surprise, my conservatively priced nothing fancy vacuum cleaner with the little brush attachment picked up every last bit of baking soda and the super fine dust left over came out with a good beating. The odors are gone and I don't have to sacrifice a lamb to the warranty gods and submit forms in triplicate after being notarized and stamped with the ink from a giant squid. Hope this helps and good luck. Next time I'll suck it up and carry her to bed with the traumatic images of the carnage that was my sofa today.

I will try your suggestion .... but the reason I'm writing you is to tell you that you had me rolling.... thanks for the laugh you're awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Read More Answers...

January 16, 2008 Flag

I have a hunter green micro suede couch that has been slobbered, vomited, and urinated on by my puppy. Any tricks to get the smell/stains out without ruining the color? I really don't want to pay $200 to get this cleaned when I know he'll just do it again. Thanks!

Kara from Coatesville, PA

In re Marcie; some pet owners don't mind their animal-kids being on furniture.

I have a cream colored micro-suede couch and a 6 year old in my home. It's been through a lot. I did not want to pay $200 to have it cleaned either. Instead, I purchased a steam cleaner for $139 and OxySteam solution. IT WORKS GREAT! It's not that great with hard core stains like ink or dye, but things like juice and dirt it's wonderful. The solution also leaves behind a nice fresh smell and all the urine and other wonderful juices are sucked out.

Read More Answers...

June 7, 2010 Flag

My son had an accident on my beautiful microfiber recliner. I soaked up as much of the pee as I could and then covered the area with baking soda and let it dry. It still smells strongly of urine! What can I use to get the smell out of the cushion/padding that is also safe for the fabric since it can't be removed?

By Mommyx3 from DC

Best Answer

I used an enzymatic cleaner on my microfiber couch when our wee little kitten had an accident (pee). I have PetZyme from PetSmart, but you can find other brands elsewhere. I saturated the area, used the attachments from my carpet cleaner, and sprayed the area again. We have no pee smell, and no stains.

April 25, 2010 Flag

I need help and I have tried everything (so I think). My husband fell asleep on our couch and had an accident. It's not suede, but it feels like it and I can't get rid of the smell of urine to save my life. Is there something I am missing that I haven't tried?

By Melissa from Mesa, AZ

Regular old grocery store vinegar-pour it directly on, let it soak in to the padding and sit for awhile.

Another product which is very good is Odo-Ban; it is kind of hard to find, but I have found it in the pet section at walMart, and Sam's Club carries it constantly, if you live near one. My brother before his death was a severe diabetic, and incontinent a lot. I put the Odo-ban in with the detergent in the machine and washed his sweat pants and it erased all, and I mean all signs there was ever any urine on them, and they would be SOAKED,and sit in the laundry sometimes a day or two before I had a load, so it works!

How do I get the urine odor out of a attached couch cushion?

Read More Answers...

August 16, 2011 Flag

A friend's son had quite a big "accident" on my daughter's loveseat when he slept over, but didn't tell her. My daughter and her kids discovered it the following day, late in the afternoon when they were sitting on the couch and noticed it was pretty damp.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureSeptember 21, 2012
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
woman holding her nose
Getting Rid of Urine Odors
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 6:22:45 AM on 10.0.0.118 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.