Rent Assistance for a Low Income Family

Depending on where you are located, there are programs available that can help pay the rent. This guide is about rent assistance for a low income family.

Sticky note reminder to pay the rent.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am on SSI and getting 600.00. I live in a mobile home and I have lot rent to pay. My lot rent is 500.00. Are there any agencies in Glendale Arizona that can help me with the rent or my light bill which is 130.00 a month. I don't know what to do about my bills. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Time to call your town hall to see if they have any programs that you could use. If you're a Senior there's a program called LIHEAP (in Illinois)that gives you a monthly amount to pay your electric & heating gas bills. Again, start with the Senior Services Dept. in your town. Have you applied for Public Aid? Good luck.

Read More Answers...

I need help paying my rent. I am a mother of 3. I lost my job and I need help to pay my rent before 10 days are up or I will be evicted. I have no money for Christmas, that's OK. I just need help to keep a roof over their heads. Please tell me where I can find help for my family.

By Cheryl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Even if you'd move into subsidized housing you would still need rent and deposit. I think your best bet would be churches, even if they will only help a little it might be enough to keep you from being homeless. Sign up for cash assistance at your local welfare until you can get back on your feet.

Best Answer

You can go to a local church or try the county outreach program, where you sign up for food stamps. They may be able to send you in the right direction. To get help with housing since there are so many on the housing list waiting and government seems to ignore that fact. You will be better off getting homeless and going to a shelter for women and children. Ky will pay for housing for a whole year if you go into a shelter. Otherwise there is no help for you. Good Luck, hope the community services can help.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know where I can get rental assistance in northern New Jersey? I live in Kearny, New Jersey. I have tried many places, but no one seems to want to help.

By Lynda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you checked with the Department of Social Services/Welfare Office? All states/cities have an assistance program, that is funded by the Federal Government. I think is is called Section 8, and it has slightly different names all over. Usually there is a waiting list that is quit long to get onto the program. Where I live, in a city of about 150,000 people there is roughly a five year waiting list to get the assistance.

How do I find an apartment in NC to rent on my social Security supplemental income? I am younger than 46 and I am widowed. I have 2 cats. My income is less than $426.00 per month only.

Eliza from Charlotte, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The waiting list for HUD housing is 2-5 years in NC (Wake County)

Read More Answers...
    Budget & Finance Paying BillsDecember 2, 2012
    older blind woman sitting on a bench
    Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    A cat with an empty food dish.
    Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
    A couple renting a car.
    Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
    Collecting Rent Money
    Collecting Rent from Former Tenant
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 9:06:04 AM on 10.0.1.104 in 695 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.