Rent Assistance for a Low Income Family

Depending on where you are located, there are programs available that can help pay the rent. This guide is about rent assistance for a low income family.

Sticky note reminder to pay the rent.
Filter Sort

Question: Finding Rent Assistance for Low Income Family

I need help paying my rent. I am a mother of 3. I lost my job and I need help to pay my rent before 10 days are up or I will be evicted. I have no money for Christmas, that's OK. I just need help to keep a roof over their heads. Please tell me where I can find help for my family.

By Cheryl

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Alicia 6 137 Flag

Even if you'd move into subsidized housing you would still need rent and deposit. I think your best bet would be churches, even if they will only help a little it might be enough to keep you from being homeless. Sign up for cash assistance at your local welfare until you can get back on your feet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By HAPPYINHARNED 14 193 Flag

You can go to a local church or try the county outreach program, where you sign up for food stamps. They may be able to send you in the right direction. To get help with housing since there are so many on the housing list waiting and government seems to ignore that fact. You will be better off getting homeless and going to a shelter for women and children. Ky will pay for housing for a whole year if you go into a shelter. Otherwise there is no help for you. Good Luck, hope the community services can help.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Low Income Apartments in North Carolina

By Eliza McIntosh 1 1

How do I find an apartment in NC to rent on my social Security supplemental income? I am younger than 46 and I am widowed. I have 2 cats. My income is less than $426.00 per month only.

Eliza from Charlotte, NC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

The waiting list for HUD housing is 2-5 years in NC (Wake County)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Finding Rental Assistance Programs in New Jersey

Does anyone know where I can get rental assistance in northern New Jersey? I live in Kearny, New Jersey. I have tried many places, but no one seems to want to help.

By Lynda

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By redhatterb 1 672 Flag

Have you checked with the Department of Social Services/Welfare Office? All states/cities have an assistance program, that is funded by the Federal Government. I think is is called Section 8, and it has slightly different names all over. Usually there is a waiting list that is quit long to get onto the program. Where I live, in a city of about 150,000 people there is roughly a five year waiting list to get the assistance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Budget & Finance Paying BillsDecember 2, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
A couple renting a car.
Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
Collecting Rent Money
Collecting Rent from Former Tenant
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:24:14 AM on 10.0.1.28 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings