Repair Assistance for Low Income Homeowner

This house was built in the 1960s, by my grandfather. The electrical system keeps cutting off in winter when I am trying to keep warm. The oil furnace also isn't working. I am disabled and low income. Where can I find help with these repairs?

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types:

Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.

Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center

It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

I am a senior living in a mobile home and need help finding a handyman for light repairs and taking things to the

ECO station. I don't mind paying a reasonable rate. Have been ripped off many times and it really adds up. eg. replacing a door on a shred, staining a small deck, TV & propane to ECO etc.

Thank you

I own an double wide moble hom and I dont have no electricity in half of my house and sometimes I see sparks and I feel scared its going to light on fire and I have to use lamps in half of my house and my electricity bill is always high I cant afford to pay anyone to fix it and I need some help I am hearing impaired and disabled pleas I need help before my house burns down