Repairing a George Foreman Grill

Some small kitchen appliance repairs may be easy enough for you to do, rather than having to buy a new one. This is a guide about repairing a George Foreman grill.

George Foreman Grill
Filter Sort

Question: Repairing a George Foreman Lean Green Grilling Machine

I have a Lean Mean Grilling Machine. I've had it for a few years. I don't use it much, but the non-stick has been coming of for some time now and food has been sticking as of late. In addition the lower plate no longer heats up. I like the machine, but must repair it. If I remember correctly these machines had a lifetime warranty. Am I correct? If not where do I get parts for it?

Bob

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Judy = Oklahoma 60 750 Flag

Same here, go to the 2nd had stores, they always have them & they aren't very expensive!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: George Foreman Grill That Does Not Heat Up

My children bought us a large George Foreman grill for Christmas a few years ago and I just tried it out. Low and behold the bottom of the grill does not heat up. It barely gets warm. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Evelyn

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Rebecca 1 12 Flag

We have the G-5 grill (the red one with changeable plates. The same thing happened. My husband carefully took the bottom section apart and found that one of the contacts had slipped out of it's socket. He pushed it back in, reassembled it and it works great. It's happened a couple of other times and he's fixed it this way every time.

Here's some links about this problems:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p466433-george_foreman_g5_indoor_grill

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

By Wedonna Saxon 1

Can I recoat my original George Foreman grill on the bottom half with Teflon?

By Wedonna from Birmingham, AL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mary 5 51 Flag

For safety, find another one through free cycle, check out the yahoo groups for free cycle in your area. Once teflon has been scratched and is coming off it is a serious cancer risk, both from the particles and the fumes it gives off. As soon, as any teflon surface is scratched or peels off I throw it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Repairing the Non Stick Surface of a George Foreman Grill

I have a George Foreman Grilling Machine model #GR18BWR, S/N #0223. Can I repair the non-stick surface of a 7 year old unit?

By Ken from Allentown, PA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I haven't researched this, but I think that if a non-stick surface is peeling, it is time to toss the machine. You may be able to replace the grills, but you would have to check with the manufacturer. If the grill looks fine, and just seems to have lost its non-stick properties, it maybe possible to do something with it. I am not sure what sort of non-stick surface we are talking about.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: George Foreman Grill Not Heating

I have a George Foreman GR35SBTMR grill. It will not get hot; the lights and the on/off switch work, so does the temperature gauge.

By r a s

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Philr 1 Flag

LIGHTS WORK, DOES NOT GET HOT

COUNT DOWN WORKS?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Repairing a George Foreman Top Grilling Plate

The top grilling plate on my model GRP99 keeps falling down. It never seems to lock tight in place. Can the grips be disassembled for repairs? Any solutions appreciated.

By Giacomo S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Merle B. 1 Flag

If you have the grill completely open, you will notice 2 screw holes at the bottom of the top grill plate. 1 of mine was missing and I took the 1 screw out to find another 1 that matched for the other side. Once I replaced the 1 that was missing my lid no longer falls down.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: George Foreman Grill Not Getting Hot

My George Forman Model #GR2144 won't get hot. What should I do?

By Sylvia

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Foreman Grill Will Not Heat

I have a George Foreman grill, the unit will not heat up. Plug in power is good and 110 V getting to the unit.

By Jim F.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Repairing a George Foreman Grill

I'm looking for a small appliance repair shop in Orland or Tinley Park, Illinois to repair my George Foreman grill. Can anyone help?

By Joni

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesJune 2, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:32:11 AM on 10.0.2.196 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings