Repairing a George Foreman Grill

Some small kitchen appliance repairs may be easy enough for you to do, rather than having to buy a new one. This is a guide about repairing a George Foreman grill.

George Foreman Grill
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 2, 2016 Flag

What are the electrical components in the George Foreman GR30 grill?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Suggest you contact the company directly to answer your question correctly.

April 5, 2016 Flag

We have a George Foreman grill that has just decided to stop working. I've tried to change the fuse, but am unable to as the plug can't be opened. I've unscrewed the screws, but the plug can't be separated.

I want to check the fuse before I consider buying another one.

Can anyone advise?

June 18, 2010 Flag

I have a Lean Mean Grilling Machine. I've had it for a few years. I don't use it much, but the non-stick has been coming of for some time now and food has been sticking as of late. In addition the lower plate no longer heats up. I like the machine, but must repair it. If I remember correctly these machines had a lifetime warranty. Am I correct? If not where do I get parts for it?

Bob

I am on my 3rd George Foreman Grill. I still have the first one but the teflon coating came off. I simply line the grill with foil, top and bottom, spray the foil with Pam and grill away. Works fine (got that idea on this website!) The second grill lost a heating unit on one side. Too difficult for me to replace so I pitched it. Someone picked it up at the curb. The 3rd one is relatively new and working fine but it doesn't have the timer option so I only use it occasionally. Good luck.

I found the best way to get immediate attention, and if the company is on Facebook, write to them on Facebook. It worked for me! How quickly I got a message from someone at the company, and the problem was resolved. Be truthful in your statement, but make it strong! It works!

I see tons of George Forman grills every time I go the the Goodwill. Might be a great way to get replacements.

Same here, go to the 2nd had stores, they always have them & they aren't very expensive!

Read More Answers...

July 12, 2014 Flag

I have a George Foreman GR35SBTMR grill. It will not get hot; the lights and the on/off switch work, so does the temperature gauge.

By r a s

LIGHTS WORK, DOES NOT GET HOT

COUNT DOWN WORKS?

June 6, 2011 Flag

My children bought us a large George Foreman grill for Christmas a few years ago and I just tried it out. Low and behold the bottom of the grill does not heat up. It barely gets warm. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Evelyn

Are you talking about the electric indoor/outdoor kettle type grill on a stand? That's what I have and the bottom of the grill is not supposed to get hot and only the grill plate itself is supposed to get hot. That's why it's safe to use indoors and outdoors. Even the lid doesn't get so hot that it will burn you like regular outdoor grills would if you accidently touch it. This also gives you the option to remove the kettle from the stand and use the kettle on a countertop or tabletop inside or outside if you want to.

Replacement appliance parts of all kinds at www.goodmans.net

We have the G-5 grill (the red one with changeable plates. The same thing happened. My husband carefully took the bottom section apart and found that one of the contacts had slipped out of it's socket. He pushed it back in, reassembled it and it works great. It's happened a couple of other times and he's fixed it this way every time.

Here's some links about this problems:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p466433-george_foreman_g5_indoor_grill

April 22, 2014 Flag

The top grilling plate on my model GRP99 keeps falling down. It never seems to lock tight in place. Can the grips be disassembled for repairs? Any solutions appreciated.

By Giacomo S.

If you have the grill completely open, you will notice 2 screw holes at the bottom of the top grill plate. 1 of mine was missing and I took the 1 screw out to find another 1 that matched for the other side. Once I replaced the 1 that was missing my lid no longer falls down.

February 13, 2011 Flag

Can I recoat my original George Foreman grill on the bottom half with Teflon?

By Wedonna from Birmingham, AL

As it said in one of the archive posts, lay aluminum foil on it if you are concerned about the health issues.

For safety, find another one through free cycle, check out the yahoo groups for free cycle in your area. Once teflon has been scratched and is coming off it is a serious cancer risk, both from the particles and the fumes it gives off. As soon, as any teflon surface is scratched or peels off I throw it out.

October 22, 2010 Flag

I have a George Foreman Grilling Machine model #GR18BWR, S/N #0223. Can I repair the non-stick surface of a 7 year old unit?

By Ken from Allentown, PA

You might want to ask at:

http://www.Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/George_Foreman_Grill

Also, they send out two recipes every day, with healthy recipes on Friday.

I haven't researched this, but I think that if a non-stick surface is peeling, it is time to toss the machine. You may be able to replace the grills, but you would have to check with the manufacturer. If the grill looks fine, and just seems to have lost its non-stick properties, it maybe possible to do something with it. I am not sure what sort of non-stick surface we are talking about.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesJune 2, 2013
      George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
      Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
      Steaks on George Foreman Grill
      Using A George Foreman Grill
      George Foreman Grill
      Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
      George Foreman Grill
      George Foreman Grill Recipes
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:16:18 AM on 10.0.2.141 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.