Repairing a George Foreman Grill

Some small kitchen appliance repairs may be easy enough for you to do, rather than having to buy a new one. This is a guide about repairing a George Foreman grill.

May 2, 2016 Flag

What are the electrical components in the George Foreman GR30 grill?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Suggest you contact the company directly to answer your question correctly.

How do you repair the formane roaster it wont heat up at the bottom!#!

April 5, 2016 Flag

We have a George Foreman grill that has just decided to stop working. I've tried to change the fuse, but am unable to as the plug can't be opened. I've unscrewed the screws, but the plug can't be separated.

I want to check the fuse before I consider buying another one.

Can anyone advise?

The plug has a hidden screw behind the 'QC checked' sticker in the middle

Cut the plug off and fit a new one

June 18, 2010 Flag

I have a Lean Mean Grilling Machine. I've had it for a few years. I don't use it much, but the non-stick has been coming of for some time now and food has been sticking as of late. In addition the lower plate no longer heats up. I like the machine, but must repair it. If I remember correctly these machines had a lifetime warranty. Am I correct? If not where do I get parts for it?

Bob

I found the best way to get immediate attention, and if the company is on Facebook, write to them on Facebook. It worked for me! How quickly I got a message from someone at the company, and the problem was resolved. Be truthful in your statement, but make it strong! It works!

I see tons of George Forman grills every time I go the the Goodwill. Might be a great way to get replacements.

Same here, go to the 2nd had stores, they always have them & they aren't very expensive!

I have George foreman grill and I let someone use it they damaged the Teflon coating on it, can I repair this by myself and how?

July 12, 2014 Flag

I have a George Foreman GR35SBTMR grill. It will not get hot; the lights and the on/off switch work, so does the temperature gauge.

By r a s

LIGHTS WORK, DOES NOT GET HOT

COUNT DOWN WORKS?

June 6, 2011 Flag

My children bought us a large George Foreman grill for Christmas a few years ago and I just tried it out. Low and behold the bottom of the grill does not heat up. It barely gets warm. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Evelyn

Are you talking about the electric indoor/outdoor kettle type grill on a stand? That's what I have and the bottom of the grill is not supposed to get hot and only the grill plate itself is supposed to get hot. That's why it's safe to use indoors and outdoors. Even the lid doesn't get so hot that it will burn you like regular outdoor grills would if you accidently touch it. This also gives you the option to remove the kettle from the stand and use the kettle on a countertop or tabletop inside or outside if you want to.

Replacement appliance parts of all kinds at www.goodmans.net

We have the G-5 grill (the red one with changeable plates. The same thing happened. My husband carefully took the bottom section apart and found that one of the contacts had slipped out of it's socket. He pushed it back in, reassembled it and it works great. It's happened a couple of other times and he's fixed it this way every time.

Here's some links about this problems:

http://www.fixya.com/support/p466433-george_foreman_g5_indoor_grill

April 22, 2014 Flag

The top grilling plate on my model GRP99 keeps falling down. It never seems to lock tight in place. Can the grips be disassembled for repairs? Any solutions appreciated.

By Giacomo S.

If you have the grill completely open, you will notice 2 screw holes at the bottom of the top grill plate. 1 of mine was missing and I took the 1 screw out to find another 1 that matched for the other side. Once I replaced the 1 that was missing my lid no longer falls down.

October 22, 2010 Flag

I have a George Foreman Grilling Machine model #GR18BWR, S/N #0223. Can I repair the non-stick surface of a 7 year old unit?

By Ken from Allentown, PA

You might want to ask at:

http://www.Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/George_Foreman_Grill

Also, they send out two recipes every day, with healthy recipes on Friday.

I haven't researched this, but I think that if a non-stick surface is peeling, it is time to toss the machine. You may be able to replace the grills, but you would have to check with the manufacturer. If the grill looks fine, and just seems to have lost its non-stick properties, it maybe possible to do something with it. I am not sure what sort of non-stick surface we are talking about.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesJune 2, 2013
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
🎄