Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame

The frame on a sofa bed can become damaged from use. This is a guide about repairing a sofa bed frame.

Sofa Bed
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My cushions rise after closing. Is one of my bar frames bent? How do I solve this problem?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think she's saying that after the sofa bed is closed, the cushions on the sofa itself are raised and not lying down flat like they're supposed to be.

Read More Answers...

How can I get the metal foot bar under my sofa bed mattress repaired or replaced? It is broken in half.

By Donna P

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It might be possible to weld it, if it can be easily removed and taken to a welder. My ex was a welder and could repair many things. However, some metals are too light to weld, in which case it may need to be replaced.

Read More Answers...

I am looking for a frame for my full size sofa bed. Do you know where there is a place to get it?

By Jorge

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Amazon.com very reasonable prices.

Read More Answers...

I have a bent frame on my sleeper sofa. I need to have it repaired in home, who will fix it for me? It is a leather couch with the frame bent at the foot of bed.

By Lyn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The recommendation to first bend with leverage, then hammer if necessary, is right on the money! I just completed this repair, with a hammer, and my couch folds away like new. Make sure there are no other encumbrances (my couch has a metal brace which was interfering with the folding process) which might be contributing to your challenge.

Read More Answers...

I have a queen size sofa bed that is in excellent condition, except for the webbing that supports the mattress. Is there a replacement for that?

By Eldoris from MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. The mattress isn't being properly supported because of the sagging webbing underneath. Repair would be great cause there is nothing else wrong with the sofa bed.

I have a very expensive Slumberland Volterra sofa bed that is under two years old and the support beam at the head end of the bed frame has bent. It is aluminum I believe. I have contacted the company I purchased the bed from have been told its out of warranty.

Slumberland has also been taken over by another company. That company no longer makes the Volterra sofa bed because the frame, which used to be purchased from Italy, are too expensive. Can you let me know where I could go to have the frame repaired. This was such an expensive item to be replaced. Many thanks.

By Debbie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We have a machine shop that does small jobs. If you take the part to a shop, they could make a new part, possibly out of better material where it would not bend.

Read More Answers...

Where can I find sofa bed frame for a pull out sofa bed?

Tisha from Los Angeles

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try www.americanhotel.com, they should have one.

Read More Answers...

Where can I find a bed frame only for a pull out sofa bed?

Thanks!

By Tony

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try calling an upholsterer or two or three because they most likely can steer you in the right direction.

I need help. We have a sleeper sofa that is in perfect condition. Unfortunately the sofa bed frame bar on the left side is slightly bent and is impossible to open and close with any ease. The store where we purchased it has closed. Anyone have any suggestions?

By Paul from Playa del Rey, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The first suggestion is to use the end of a 2" x 6" board and hit it with a hammer while it is centered on the middle of the bend, until it's straight. If that doesn't work, protect all the area around the bent area of the frame and use a portable torch to heat it and then use the same procedure stated above. Let me know how you make out. Milt

How can I reattach the sofa bed to the frame? It is a Sofa Express product and they went out of business. Please help.

By Elizabeth from Indianapolis, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Find out how it was originally attached.

If it is a matter of screws through a metal frame into a wooden "box spring" you can fortify the whole and screw it back in.

If it is metal on metal with broken rivets just rerivet or use nuts and bolts.

Your best bet is to figure out exactly how it had been attached. Take some digital pictures of it that you can print out or just show on the camera. Go to a Home Depot or a Lowes and talk to some of the people there. There is usually one or two handy/creative workers in each store that could give you some ideas but they really need to know what you are working with. Hence the pictures. Take many at different angles to answer all the questions they might have that you wouldn't remember the answer to.

Good luck.

I need advice on repairing a sofa sleeper.

Melissa from Clarkson, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

what part of it? the fabric? the frame??

I need a replacement frame for a queen sofa sleeper.

By Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Repair Furniture BedsMay 29, 2013
    Sofa Bed
    Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
    A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
    Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
    Sofa Bed
    Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
    package with a featherbed topper
    Using A Featherbed Topper
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 6:04:38 PM on 10.0.1.196 in 331 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.