Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame

The frame on a sofa bed can become damaged from use. This is a guide about repairing a sofa bed frame.

August 27, 2016 Flag

I bought a new sofa bed, but when I open it for sleeping the top of the mattress stays on a slant. My son says he feels like he is sleeping on a hill. How do I get it to go flat?

I have the same issue, the one in my guest room slants/dips down at the "head" of the unit. I'd really like to fix it before the upcoming holidays vs getting rid of the unit and getting another. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. Were you able to get this fixed? And if so how?

December 7, 2015 Flag

My cushions rise after closing. Is one of my bar frames bent? How do I solve this problem?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't understand the question?

I think she's saying that after the sofa bed is closed, the cushions on the sofa itself are raised and not lying down flat like they're supposed to be.

September 11, 2013 Flag

How can I get the metal foot bar under my sofa bed mattress repaired or replaced? It is broken in half.

By Donna P

You didn't specify which part is broken, but it happened to me and what I did was to unscrew the leg off the frame, got a piece of sturdy wood(about 2inches square) which measured exactly the height of the original leg and screwedit securely to a metal plate.then the plate was screwed on the underside of the sofabed where the original leg was. you cant move the sofabed around too much but at least it can be used.

It might be possible to weld it, if it can be easily removed and taken to a welder. My ex was a welder and could repair many things. However, some metals are too light to weld, in which case it may need to be replaced.

October 18, 2011 Flag

I have a bent frame on my sleeper sofa. I need to have it repaired in home, who will fix it for me? It is a leather couch with the frame bent at the foot of bed.

By Lyn

Depending upon how & where the bend is, you can probably straighten it out yourself by very gently hammering the frame straight. Or perhaps you can find a general handyman to do it. If the frame is broken - then it becomes a whole other repair matter.

The recommendation to first bend with leverage, then hammer if necessary, is right on the money! I just completed this repair, with a hammer, and my couch folds away like new. Make sure there are no other encumbrances (my couch has a metal brace which was interfering with the folding process) which might be contributing to your challenge.

February 24, 2013 Flag

I am looking for a frame for my full size sofa bed. Do you know where there is a place to get it?

By Jorge

Might be a solution to look for a good used one, or call upholsterer's and see what they say about your needs. Might have one, might know if made or not.

Amazon.com very reasonable prices.

November 12, 2010 Flag

I have a very expensive Slumberland Volterra sofa bed that is under two years old and the support beam at the head end of the bed frame has bent. It is aluminum I believe. I have contacted the company I purchased the bed from have been told its out of warranty.

Slumberland has also been taken over by another company. That company no longer makes the Volterra sofa bed because the frame, which used to be purchased from Italy, are too expensive. Can you let me know where I could go to have the frame repaired. This was such an expensive item to be replaced. Many thanks.

By Debbie

The only idea I can come up with which I would check out if it were me is to inquire over the phone to a body shop (car repair) and see if they could somehow get it back into shape. Also, try a welder shop as they might have a way/means to make it serviceable and either might do the work as a side job and if a computer is available, you could send them a picture of the bent frame before taking it to the shop. I don't think you can weld aluminum, but as I stated earlier, they might have some tool that could shape the frame back into place. You may need to ask a few of these businesses before getting someone who doesn't mind putting in some time to repair something not in their line of work.

Also, if you feel like you have a bit of know how with a hammer, you might place the bent frame on top of something very solid and pound the dent back down as much as you can. My husband has straightened out things that way and it was as good as new.

We have a machine shop that does small jobs. If you take the part to a shop, they could make a new part, possibly out of better material where it would not bend.

February 10, 2013 Flag

I have a queen size sofa bed that is in excellent condition, except for the webbing that supports the mattress. Is there a replacement for that?

By Eldoris from MN

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. The mattress isn't being properly supported because of the sagging webbing underneath. Repair would be great cause there is nothing else wrong with the sofa bed.

April 9, 2007 Flag

Where can I find sofa bed frame for a pull out sofa bed?

Tisha from Los Angeles

Your best bet would be to go the futon sofa route - which is a sofa frame of wood/metal with a pad that folds out - that's the usual route nowadays. Otherwise look for a used sofa bed to redo- but they get cranky with old age - so, beware.

Wish you lived close to me. We're buying a new sofa and our old one is a sleeper sofa--was only used a couple of times and the pull out is like new. Maybe put it up on freecycle or craigs Llst in your area. There must be others like us...

Try www.americanhotel.com, they should have one.

September 17, 2011 Flag

Where can I find a bed frame only for a pull out sofa bed?

Thanks!

By Tony

Try calling an upholsterer or two or three because they most likely can steer you in the right direction.

January 16, 2008 Flag

I need advice on repairing a sofa sleeper.

Melissa from Clarkson, KY

what part of it? the fabric? the frame??

The fabric

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Furniture BedsMay 29, 2013
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎉
🎄