Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Sofa Bed

The frame on a sofa bed can become damaged from use. This is a guide about repairing a sofa bed frame.

Here are questions related to Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame.

Question: Repairing a Bent Sofa Bed Frame

My sofa bed frame scraped the floor when I open it. I moved recently and think something heavy was set on it during the move.

By Ann

Question: Sofa Sleeper Metal Frame Diagram

Where can I get a readable description of the metal frame diagram for a 1989 Sofa sleeper by Lazy Boy?

By Lucy B.

Question: Castro Sofa Bed Won't Close

My Castro sofa bed, seems to be in excellent shape, but after folding it, and attempting to slide the mattress/frame into the base, it seems the right side is now longer then the left side, and it will not close. Please help. The manufacturer is no longer in business

By Nick

Question: Help Adjusting TV Headrest on Sofa Bed

View of bed parts.The TV headrest on my sofa bed either stays all the way up so you can comfortably watch TV or falls all the way down so it can fold up. I know there is probably something I need to do to get it to stay flat. I just can't figure out what it is. Thanks in advance for your help! Headrest down. Mechanism.

By Martha B

Question: Adjusting TV Headrest on Sofa Bed

The TV headrest on my sofa bed either stays all the way up so you can comfortably watch TV or falls all the way down so it can fold up. I know there is probably something I need to do to get it to stay flat. I just can't figure out what it is. Thanks in advance for your help!

By Martha B

Question: Broken Sofa Bed Frame

How can I get the metal foot bar under my sofa bed mattress repaired or replaced? It is broken in half.

By Donna P

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. [5]09/14/2013

It might be possible to weld it, if it can be easily removed and taken to a welder. My ex was a welder and could repair many things. However, some metals are too light to weld, in which case it may need to be replaced.

Question: Replacing Mechanism for a Sofa Bed

We have recently bought a second hand Cambridge 3 seater Chesterfield sofa bed, only to discover the mechanism on one side is broken making it very difficult to open and close. It has damaged the actual sofa. It is soldered and I wondered if we can replace the whole thing?

By Jeannette P from West Sussex

Question: Shopping for Metal Bed Frames

I would like to know who to contact about getting a new metal bed frame for my sofa bed.

By Carol from Carson City, NV

Question: Replacement Full Size Sofa Bed Frame

I am looking for a frame for my full size sofa bed. Do you know where there is a place to get it?

By Jorge

Most Recent Answer

By Pamela F.04/09/2014

Amazon.com very reasonable prices.

Question: Sofa Bed Webbing

I have a queen size sofa bed that is in excellent condition, except for the webbing that supports the mattress. Is there a replacement for that?

By Eldoris from MN

Most Recent Answer

By umbrella01/08/2014

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. The mattress isn't being properly supported because of the sagging webbing underneath. Repair would be great cause there is nothing else wrong with the sofa bed.

Question: Repairing a Sofa Sleeper Frame

I have a bent frame on my sleeper sofa. I need to have it repaired in home, who will fix it for me? It is a leather couch with the frame bent at the foot of bed.

By Lyn

Most Recent Answer

By goiu7611/25/2013

The recommendation to first bend with leverage, then hammer if necessary, is right on the money! I just completed this repair, with a hammer, and my couch folds away like new. Make sure there are no other encumbrances (my couch has a metal brace which was interfering with the folding process) which might be contributing to your challenge.

Question: Replacement Frame for a Sofa Bed

Where can I find a bed frame only for a pull out sofa bed?

Thanks!

By Tony

Most Recent Answer

09/20/2011

Try calling an upholsterer or two or three because they most likely can steer you in the right direction.

Question: Sofa Bed Frame Replacement

I need a replacement frame for a queen sofa sleeper.

By Barbara

Question: Repairing a Volterra Sofa Bed Frame

I have a very expensive Slumberland Volterra sofa bed that is under two years old and the support beam at the head end of the bed frame has bent. It is aluminum I believe. I have contacted the company I purchased the bed from have been told its out of warranty.

Slumberland has also been taken over by another company. That company no longer makes the Volterra sofa bed because the frame, which used to be purchased from Italy, are too expensive. Can you let me know where I could go to have the frame repaired. This was such an expensive item to be replaced. Many thanks.

By Debbie

Most Recent Answer

By Cindy11/16/2010

We have a machine shop that does small jobs. If you take the part to a shop, they could make a new part, possibly out of better material where it would not bend.

Question: Sofa Bed Frame Repair

I need help. We have a sleeper sofa that is in perfect condition. Unfortunately the sofa bed frame bar on the left side is slightly bent and is impossible to open and close with any ease. The store where we purchased it has closed. Anyone have any suggestions?

By Paul from Playa del Rey, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Milton H. Murray01/22/2010

The first suggestion is to use the end of a 2" x 6" board and hit it with a hammer while it is centered on the middle of the bend, until it's straight. If that doesn't work, protect all the area around the bent area of the frame and use a portable torch to heat it and then use the same procedure stated above. Let me know how you make out. Milt

Question: Reattaching a Sofa Bed to Its Frame

How can I reattach the sofa bed to the frame? It is a Sofa Express product and they went out of business. Please help.

By Elizabeth from Indianapolis, IN

Most Recent Answer

By Suntydt [75]12/26/2009

Find out how it was originally attached.

If it is a matter of screws through a metal frame into a wooden "box spring" you can fortify the whole and screw it back in.

If it is metal on metal with broken rivets just rerivet or use nuts and bolts.

Your best bet is to figure out exactly how it had been attached. Take some digital pictures of it that you can print out or just show on the camera. Go to a Home Depot or a Lowes and talk to some of the people there. There is usually one or two handy/creative workers in each store that could give you some ideas but they really need to know what you are working with. Hence the pictures. Take many at different angles to answer all the questions they might have that you wouldn't remember the answer to.

Good luck.

Question: Pull Out Sofa Bed Frame

Where can I find sofa bed frame for a pull out sofa bed?

Tisha from Los Angeles

Most Recent Answer

By Stewart (Guest Post)01/01/2008

Try www.americanhotel.com, they should have one.

Solutions: Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!