Repairing a Sofa Sleeper Frame

I have a bent frame on my sleeper sofa. I need to have it repaired in home, who will fix it for me? It is a leather couch with the frame bent at the foot of bed.

By Lyn

Depending upon how & where the bend is, you can probably straighten it out yourself by very gently hammering the frame straight. Or perhaps you can find a general handyman to do it. If the frame is broken - then it becomes a whole other repair matter.

The recommendation to first bend with leverage, then hammer if necessary, is right on the money! I just completed this repair, with a hammer, and my couch folds away like new.

Make sure there are no other encumbrances (my couch has a metal brace which was interfering with the folding process) which might be contributing to your challenge.