Product FinderConsumer Advice

Repairing a Worn Blanket

Has anyone seen a blanket like this being sold anywhere? I'm trying to restore this one and it has several large holes and is threadbare in many areas so I was hoping to find a similar blanket to use to reinforce and patch with. Also, any ideas for repair in general? I'm a novice with a sewing machine so I was trying to keep it as simple as possible. I've asked some local seamstresses, but so far they've said they can't help without similar fabric to work with. :( Let me know what you think!! Thank you :)

It looks like you could darn it. Get a book on darning or google it. Use the same colors of thread. You could make a sturdy repair that is not very noticeable.

It would really be unusual if you found a blanket like this - more like pure luck! I can easily see why you would like to restore it but with the large holes this may not be possible. Some places may be fixable but since this is a reversible blanket it would probably not look so good.

Have you thought about trying to salvage just one side? Maybe pick the side that has the least damage to the bear? If you cannot find anyone that feels they can "patch" similar material then maybe consider buying a solid color (brown?) blanket of the same size and attach it to the worst looking side. You could tack the blankets together and place more emphases to try and join the blankets where the holes are.

i actually did this with my grandson's favorite blanket when it had been washed to pieces but he still wanted it. You will need a large work area if you try something like this.

Good luck - I hope you can figure a way to salvage your bear.

Thank you!! I will look into both ideas, I would like to keep both sides if possible so I might try darning first, if that doesn't work I will look into reinforcing with a similar color blanket. Thank you!!