Selling Trees on Your Land for Lumber

If you own acres or even a larger residential lot you may have trees that you would like to have removed and be able to sell for the lumber. This is a guide about selling trees on your land for lumber.

A man cutting down a tree.
Filter Sort

Question: Selling Trees I Want to Remove from My Yard

Question:

We have 5 big oak tree in our back yard and we want to get rid off them. Wondering if there are any company will buy them? I live in New Jersey. Can someone please give me some information? Thanks a lot!

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Sarah from Livingston, NJ

Answer:

Sarah, It sounds like you have found some great resources. The following information does not sound like it applies to your particular situation (although check out the link at the end). Nevertheless, it may be of value to others who are considering selling the trees in their backyards for profit.

Recently, a story appeared in the news in Rochester, MN, about a company going door-to door and offering residents money in exchange for their walnut trees. As many of you probably know, Walnut is a type of wood highly prized for its strength, versatility, and beautiful wood grain, and currently, the price of Walnut has gotten quite high.

The practice of selling off your backyard trees is legal and in most cases, the companies buying them are perfectly legitimate. The problem is that during tough economic times people sometimes become shortsighted and have a difficult time passing up a seemingly great deal.

In most cases, leaving the trees there is of much greater value to homeowners than the money offered by companies to remove them. Not only do the trees provide shade, fresh air, contribute to water quality, and provide shelter and food to neighborhood animals, but mature trees (the ones usually sought after by companies) can add up to 10% to a homeowner's property value. That equates to a dollar amount that is usually a far greater than they receive for selling them.

Make sure if you are thinking about selling one or more of trees on you're property (especially if it's an urban property) that you consider all aspects of the deal before committing to the transaction. Also be aware that legitimate companies do not usually go door-to-door making offers, and all should be happy to provide you with a copy of their license and insurance, as well as several references.

Here are some other ways to make money from the trees (and plants) on your land without necessarily selling them:

http://www.dof.virginia.gov/resources/pub-1993-USDA-FS-AgInfo-666.pdf

Ellen

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

Call a few lumber yards in your area, and find out if there is a company who will remove your trees and pay you for the wood.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Hi, I posted an article on freecycle. Its a yahoo group you can sign up at no cost. Post the wood and say bring a truck and friends to help you and you can have all you want.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cheryl Waldrop 13 Flag

If they are big old oak trees, I'd suggest calling a local furniture maker, cabinet maker, or lumber mill. Large old oak trees can be quarter-sawn to produce a grain called 'tiger oak', which is extremely rare and quite expensive. There are very few large old oak trees left which are large enough to be cut this way, in order to produce this wood grain. I would not under any circumstances pay someone to cut these trees. I'd sell them. The furniture that will be made from them will be sold for hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars! Do a Google search for 'Tiger Oak Furniture' and see what the prices are for yourself. I only know this because I own several pieces of this type furniture (I inherited it, I could never afford it). I do know that when the big old oak tree in my front yard goes down, i'm having some furniture made out of it.

I hope that this helps you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Finding Someone to Cut Trees for the Lumber

The lumber is free just; I just want them cut down. They are on the property we just bought. How do I find someone to do this?

By Lenore S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Unless you have a large number of trees on many acres of land, it is unlikely that anyone will want them for lumber. Lumbering is big business, and people involved in it don't come to cut down half a dozen trees. You MAY find someone who would cut them down for you for firewood. How many trees are you talking about?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rae B. 2 21 Flag

Check for a Craigslist page for your area and place an ad for firewood or lumber. You can offer it for free if it is your desire to just get it done.

A lot of people need firewood or there may be someone in your area that can have the wood cut into usable planks. Good wishes to you. Rae

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees on Property

My mother died and left to my brother and I 86 acres of land near Albany, New York. We have put the sale of the acreage in the hands of a realtor. A man called my brother last week and wanted to know if he could cut down the ash trees on the property. My brother said yes and I am worried that this man is not reputable and will not pay my brother for the cutting down of the trees as he promised.

How do we handle this issue so we are assured we are not being swindled? My brother lives in New Jersey and I live in Maryland, we have no way of keeping tabs on the process of the cutting of the trees, we need some guidance on this. Thanks.

By ClaireD

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Brent 21 Flag

All of the points made above are good. You may find that the whole lot is cleared, or the remaining trees are so damaged as to be worthless.

Contact a Forestry association or an Arborist association, and have a tree professional examine the trees, and property. You will be sent a report on the quality of the trees and what they might be worth, how many of the trees are marketable, and what other species are present.

If you are planning on selling the lot as a wooded lot, this step is crucial to ensure there is still value left; if it is to be developed, then the quality of trees needs to be determined to see if they add value to land, or add a cost.

The contractor needs to have insurance - for himself and workers, and a written contract is the best way to protect both of you. The Forestry/Arborist professional can prob help you with this (along with a lawyer), and they may know reputable professionals in the area to carry out the work. And the Forestry professional may be able to oversee the work.

Allowing "some guy" with no more info than that to carry out this very dangerous job is asking for a lot of trouble. Act fast. Unknowns often work fast, and come and go fast, and no way to find them. A site visit would be preferable, even if it is winter, or at least in the Spring.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Tree Timber

I live in Bethesda, Maryland and have a large fat tree in my yard that needs to go. Who can I sell the timber to and how?

By Christine N.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By BracyP 3 Flag

Christine N.,

As many people have stated already you may need to Pay someone else to cut down your trees. This is not always the case however. Call up the lumber mills and logging companies in your area. They may be able to tell you whether they will do this or not.

In most cases they will not if you are a residential property; especially in a densely populated area. The reasons are that most contractors that would sell the lumber to a mill would have to pay too much to get their equipment to your site. If there are a large number of trees (100's) then it might be worth it, but only if they have a very good liability insurance company. The insurance requirements are completely different if they are harvesting from residential areas and are usually too expense to hold that kind of policy since it is very rare and not much, if any, profit in it.

But do not get discouraged as you can only know if you call. Also don't just call one lumber mill or logging company. If you are willing to take the risk, then there are less reputable companies that need any amount of money from a job. The risk is that something goes wrong and the company didn't have any insurance for the job. I don't recommend this though. The best you may be able to hope for is that they do it for free. Otherwise you have to pay someone else.

A couple of final thoughts: Just because a lumber mill says that they don't do that doesn't mean that they might not do it in a few months. The lumber industry is very volatile and sometimes they are desperate for wood and others not so much.

Also a lumber mill or logging company might not be the best choice if you have a highly valued hard wood tree. Contact some local furniture companies that make specialized wood creations. They may arrange to have the wood removed for you and even pay you.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Clearing Land and Selling the Trees

By Mind of Milli 1

I have approx. 9 acres of property in Alabama that I want to clear and sell the trees. How do I get started and who do I contact?

By mind of milli from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By Frances Adams 11 554 Flag

See if there is any logging/forestry companies local to you. Try checking in the yellow pages. They can usually give you the names of some that may be interested.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Mature Pine Trees

By Diana Benintend 1

I would like to sell my 20-30 full mature pine trees. Does anyone know of any company that would buy them?

Diana from Ocala, FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda Crawford 1 1 Flag

Call your local county extension agent. They`'ll be able to tell you how best to procede.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees

My family has 25 acres and they would like to sell the trees. What do we do?

By Regina

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda 45 303 Flag

Be very sure you are dealing with a reputable person. My cousin had a man come give her an estimate on trees in the Houston area. The price wasn't what she wanted so she turned him down. Several days later when she went out to the property, the trees had been cleared! They will even cut the locks on gates... be very careful!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Having Trees Removed and Selling the Lumber

By jaynab 1

I have 4 very large pine trees in my yard and would like them removed before they do damage to our house. One has already split in half and almost hit our house. My question is who do I hire to do this and how do I sell the lumber? I would like to make some money off the lumber. Will tree removal services make a deal with me or do I have to hire them to cut it down and then sell to someone else.

By jaynab

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I don't have any advice for you, but I do think you shouldn't get your hopes up about making any money from those trees. I think you will have to pay to have them taken down and have the wood hauled away, if you can't use it yourself for firewood. Please let us know if you do find some way of making money.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees in Georgia

I have 75 acres of scattered hardwood and small pine trees that will be lost if not removed before mining starts. I would like to sell the trees if at all possible. I am located in east Georgia. Who can do the cutting for me? Thanks.

By Nancy Morris

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Shona R. 3 Flag

Sorry, it's Bowater's.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Cut Pine Logs

By teo wallace 1

Recently, my mother hired a tree company to take down 7 pine trees in her yard. The company has cut the trees down, but the logs are sitting on her property. She lives in an urban area. The deal was for the company to haul them away, but now they are ignoring her phone calls as she has already paid them. The logs look great and I feel like she can sell them. I m not sure how to find somebody to give an estimate or if I should keep fighting with the tree company and just have them removed as was part of the deal.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

If you can, call the local energy assistance agency in your area. Believe it or not, some people live off the grid but would love the firewood. I hope that helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees for Lumber

I have 2 acres of pine trees that I need to clear off my land to move a house on. Is there a logging company that could help?

By Jennifer H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

Many people want to have trees removed from their property. Often someone tells them that tree removal services will pay them to remove trees from their property. Unfortunately, they face many problems:

*Tree removal companies are not interested in paying the owner in small jobs, such as a few acres of trees, as their costs in insurance, machinery and workers are very high.

*Some companies may be interested in a larger project if the property owner pays the company, however, the land owner might then find that the company sells the trees to lumber companies. The tree company then has the tree removal payment and the lumber sale payment, as well.

*Insurance liabilities on both sides can be very high as tree removal is a dangerous job and companies must carry high insurance costs for injury to workers and property. The property owner may face injury and damage costs, and legal problems, as well. Tree removal companies are required to carry insurance and bond for their company and workers but this does not mean the property owner does not need coverage for the property and possible injuries etc.

*Depending on the area or state of the property, the owner may face permit requirements, historic, cultural and other limitations in removing trees from a property.

*Frequently property owners may find they need an attorney to address the issues and prepare a contract.

So, an answer to your question is not simple. You may find a tree removal service by putting an ad on Craigslist, etc., but you still face all the issues above with no guarantees.

You should discuss your plans with an attorney familiar with land use and then make an informed decision.

A caveat here-be careful not to provide the property address or even the general location of the trees to any company or person you might find from Craigslist, etc., before signing a contract. You may find that someone has removed the trees from your property without your knowledge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling a Cedar Tree for the Lumber

I have a very large cedar tree that I do not want in my backyard. I was hoping to find a company that will cut this tree down and possibly pay me for the wood?

By Bob D from Maple Valley, WA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

*Tree removal companies are not interested paying the owner in small jobs, such as a few acres of trees, as their costs in insurance, machinery and workers are very high.

*Some companies may be interested in a larger project if the property owner pays, however, the owner might find that the company then sells the trees to lumber companies. The service then has the tree removal payment and the lumber sale payment, as well.

*Insurance liabilities on both sides can be very high as tree removal is a dangerous job and companies must carry high insurance costs for injury to workers and property. The property owner may face injury and damage costs and legal problems, as well. Tree removal companies are required to carry insurance and bond for their company and workers but this does not mean the owner does not need coverage for the property and possible injuries etc.

So, an answer to your question is not simple. You may find a tree removal service by putting an ad on Craigslist but you still face all the issues above with no guarantees.

A caveat here-be careful not to provide the property address or even the general location of the trees to any company or person you might find from Craigslist, etc., before signing a contract. You may find that someone has removed the trees from your property without your knowledge

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Tree Removal

I have 4-5 acres of oak and gum trees that I wood like to have cleared and in South Carolina. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please.

By Lashawn

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

If you just want the trees gone, but don't want any money, consider donating them. You can set it up so an energy assistance program can come in and cut them down for firewood. Here's a link that might help. PBP

https://www.facebook.com/ReynoldsTreeServiceLLC

http://www.trappstreeservice.com/Elgin_tree_removal.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Paid for Lumber

We have 5 acres in Mechanicsville, Virginia and would like to get about 2 to 3 acres cleared. It is probably about 70% pine. We are interested in having someone pay to come clear them, grind the stumps and take the lumber away. Thank you for any help!

By Autumn M.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Brent 21 Flag

I would approach a Forestry professional either thru a Forestry or Arborist association to get a value on the timber, and then approach a logging firm, or have the professional act as a go-between.

As already noted, the costs for felling and removing trees is high, and standing timber has to have a lot of value to make it worthwhile. There are people with portable sawmills that can cut your logs into lumber, they usually charge by the day, and the number of cuts made.

Tree services can cut the trees, and may remove the logs - but they charge for the work done. And it is not cheap, and they won't do it for free. Loggers can take down the trees, and remove the logs, but all the branches and "waste wood" is left behind.

The stumps are usually ground out by a separate contractor that specializes in this kind of work; even if you use a bulldozer to remove the stumps, this would be a separate contractor, and removal of the stumps from the site would be an added cost,.

I would NOT post an ad on Craigslist. While you might be supremely lucky and get a competent contractor the likelihood of this is very, very low. You want a company that is insured, knows what they are doing, is willing to sign a contract with you - so you and they are protected.

Getting the job done for free sounds like a great idea. But such a job would take weeks or months to complete, and what is the contractor doing for money, and paying his help and bills during this time? If he/she has to cut corners, a lawsuit against you for injuries will likely be the end result of going cheap.

Hire someone, and get the job done right. If you don't know anything about it, DONT do the job yourself. Felling trees is very, very dangerous.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees

What is the average price paid for standing red oak and black walnut trees?

By Dixie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

There is no average price for trees because they can be sold in several different ways and there is no "average" tree.

There are a lot of sites on the Internet to help someone wishing to sell trees. You can try your question on Google - just be sure to put more information in the question than given here - especially your city/state.

If you are talking about just a few yard trees - be ready to pay to have them removed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Walnut Trees for Lumber

I have 2 very large black walnut trees that I would like to sell for lumber.

By Michelle U.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Ricardo A. 1 Flag

I have one large walnut tree (80 ft. tall, 8ft in circ.) I would like to sell it for lumber but I don't know how. I am a disabled Marine and can sure need the money to pay bills and medical expenses.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees

I have about a dozen mature trees on my property near Mountain in northeast Wisconsin that I need removed to construct a new home. All are 18"+ at the base and are tall and straight. They are white pine, hemlock, and black spruce. Is there significant value?

By Greg Z

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By luzm 1 1 Flag

I need to sell more than 100 trees in central Florida. Could you let me know who can I contact in this area since you sold yours in Florida?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

I am a Roswell resident and have ten pines (in excess of 70 feet tall, and about a foot and a half in diameter), plus a bunch of scrub pines on my property that we want removed. I don't care to be paid for the lumber, I just want to know if there is someone who will come and cut them and take them. We recently had trees removed from our front yard - and they tree removal service had a lumber company come pick up our wood and sell it. Anyone have any thoughts?

By jennifer

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

Hi - Sorry but I do not know where Roswell is located but I have had experience with having trees removed in Florida.

Since you had trees removed before - have you ask the same company about these trees?

There should be a list of companies in your telephone book or Google the info with your location. maybe local companies will be listed.

Also look for names of any lumber companies or sawmills.

The problem with pines:

1. Usually is not a favorite for firewood so smaller companies do not cut them.

2. Pines may take heavier equipment and moving that kind of equipment is expensive.

3. Also, a log truck may have to be used and that is costly also.

4. Tree companies would have to weigh the cost of sending the equipment, truck and labor against how many "usable" trees are at that location AND how close they are to a house or buildings (insurance).

5. They would also need to know if their trucks could drive into your yard.

I had pines similar to what you mentioned but finally had to pay to have them removed. Maybe there are more tree companies near you.

Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees for Lumber

I have 2 30ft oak trees on my front lawn and will be charged $3200 to have them cut down and hauled away. I know that the company that does it will sell the lumber to someone after the whole process is done. Is there anyway that I can profit from getting them taken down?

By Johnny make money from Tampa, FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Ken 3 Flag

Get another quote or two from lawn care/tree trimmers. The amount you have been quoted is outrageous for cutting down two 30' trees.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Finding Someone to Remove Trees in Exchange for the Wood

I have 2 maple trees that I would like to be removed (for free, in exchange for the wood/big trunk). I live in Massachusetts, north shore area. Does anyone know how I can go about this process?

By Susan D.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Suntydt 75 877 Flag

You can post on Craigslist for your area in the FREE section. If you aren't familiar with Craigslist it is Craigslist.com and you narrow down to the closest area nearest you on the right. I would be careful though, if the trees can fall on anything that could be a potential accident waiting to happen. You won't want just anyone dropping your trees.

You can also look on Craigslist for someone wanting wood in exchange for cutting it down.

You can try contacting a lumber mill, they may be interested in the wood and would know how to drop the trees without causing damage.

You can also call a lawn service and see if they know anyone they would recommend. Many landscape businesses recommend different businesses for services they don't offer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Pine Trees for the Lumber

By Susetta Cannon 1

I have 10 large pine tree. Is there anyone in the Hillsborough, Pasco county (Florida) area that would be willing to harvest the trees? They are just too large and I do not want them on the property.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Having Trees Cut for the Lumber

By Saun 1

I live in a residential neighborhood and we have about 200 pine trees we want gone. Whoever can make a profit, I just want the trees and stumps removed with out it coming out of my own pocket.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees for Lumber

By Angelizabeth.Perez 1

I have 2.6 acres in Warrenton, North Carolina. They are covered in trees, mostly pine. I want to know if I can sell it as stumpage for a lump sum. I want to construct a house and need space. What is your advise?

tree along a dirt road

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees for Lumber

By Bucky M. 1

We have about 8 or 9 large trees on our property that we would like to have cut down and sell. We live in Negley Ohio.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling My Tree for Lumber

By RBennett8991 1

I live in California and I have a huge redwood tree in my yard and I want to have the tree cut down. I need to know who will cut it and who I can sell it to for lumber, or firewood.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cutting Tree in Exchange for Lumber

By Cj K. 1

I have a very large tree in my backyard in Akron, Ohio that I want removed. I heard that some companies will come cut down your trees for free in exchange for the lumber. I heard some will pay you for it too, but I don't know how if any of this info is accurate. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Cutting Tree in Exchange for Lumber

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees

I have about 1/2 acre of land with trees on it, with 90% of them pine. I am not sure of the other 10%. I would like to sell them. They are located in the Pinehurst, North Carolina area. I have 2 questions. Roughly what is the going price and can you refer me to any local lumber yard or anyone?

By Ronald G

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

*Insurance liabilities on both sides can be very high as tree removal is a dangerous job and companies must carry high insurance costs for injury to workers and property. The property owner may face injury and damage costs, and legal problems, as well. Tree removal companies are required to carry insurance and bond for their company and workers but this does not mean the owner does not need coverage for the property and possible injuries etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Having a Tree Cut Down for the Lumber

I have cut down a large oak tree that the base is 14 ft in circumference and 16 feet high and need for it to be removed to sell or will give it away if agree to removed. All branches have been removed from the trunk.

By David

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Someone to Cut Trees for the Lumber

tall oak treesI have 5 oak trees that I need gone. I'm looking for a company or someone to cut down these trees for no cash, just the lumber from them. They are about 80 ft tall and 18 in -3 ft around.

By C Cummings from Elyria, OH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Tree Removal for Lumber

We are considering buying land in north Florida, It is approximately 20+ acres. We would like about 5 acres cleared and would trade clearing for lumber. Is this a service that anyone provides?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling an Old Oak Tree

I have an old oak tree that I want removed for salvage. Tiger oak is extremely expensive. I do not want to pay for removal. If possible I would like to get paid.

By Trish

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

Most tree companies are not interested in and will not pay for one tree or even several tree removals as the expense of operating their machines, paying employees and insurance far exceeds any potential profit. You can contact tree services in your area for possibilities.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Gum Tree Removal

I have a 70 plus foot gum tree in Charleston, SC that needs to come down. Would that be good for firewood? If so, any idea who to contact to remove this tree?

By Zane P.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

Gum trees are not recommended for firewood as they are very difficult to cut and do not burn well. You can call a local arborist or tree company to remove the tree.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees

I have land with trees and would like to sell them. How do I go about that?

By Alex from Cumming, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

Google your question but add your city/county/state for information.

"How to sell trees, city/state" will give you lots of information.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Redwood Trees

I have two very large trees close to my house. They are so big that using them for fire wood seemes a waste. Who would buy them and pay the best price? One tree is about 140 ft tall and at the base it measurs 4.5 ft. The sequoia is about 160 ft. tall and 36 ft around the base. I am aware some mills do not take that size so who does?

By Donald

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

We, of course, have no idea as to what city/state/country you live in so the answer would have to be general. You can ask your question (maybe - who buys trees in ?) or (how to sell trees in?) on Google.

You will probably not find anyone to buy 2 residential trees so be prepared to pay someone to remove them (costly) if you really wish to remove them. Also, some counties/cities require a permit before you can remove a tree.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Young Pine Trees

What can I do with a half an acre of thick pine 8 to 10 years old? I want to clear, but do not want to waste.

By ca

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

You do not provide your location - would certainly help. However, you can contact local tree removal services to learn what they do with their wood. I have seen local services in my area put it out for free firewood, take to wood processing companies, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Selling Trees on Property

I own 2 acres of land, in Decatur Illinois. There's between 500 and a 1000 trees on my land that I'm interesting in selling. Who do I get in touch with?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Load More
                Home and Garden Gardening TreesMay 2, 2013
                ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
                Online Shopping
                Selling Crafts Online
                Closeup of Gray Squirrel
                Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
                eBay Logo
                Selling On eBay
                A large stick of fresh lumber.
                Building Wood and Lumber Oozing Sap
                © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:45:51 AM on 10.0.2.51 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
                NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
                Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
                BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
                CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings