Clearing and Selling Trees

I own 1.56 acres of land that is full of mature trees. Who do I contact in Shreveport, Louisiana that would help me clear my land and pay me for them?

Best Answer

There are some logging companies in your area. I would suggest calling several /or all of them if necessary & simply asking questions like: "I have some trees on my property that I'm interested in selling. What do you require? What is the going rate for standing oak /maple /pine /etc.." Any lumber company or logging company spokesperson will be able to give you an answer & may even be willing to come look at what you have available if your situation meets their criteria.
www.manta.com/.../shreveport_la

Best Answer

Go to the county extension officer. He may have local cutters.
The trees would have to have value. Pulp & pine are cheaper at the box stores.

Lastly, look for cutter/ loggers that cut lumber and have a wood mizer. Try Craigslist. Lot of work making a path to the lumber. 1 1/2 acres us too small for a logging operation. Good luck

It's a lot of work to remove trees. Most people want to be paid. You might try a barter deal on Craigslist.