Setting Cleaning Rates

I do every type cleaning you could think of, deep, basic, move out with inspection sheets, straight organizing cleans, basic with add ons like laundry, errands, etc.

How do I determine a fair price? Also, I go to surrounding cities up to 30 miles away, bring own supplies, etc.

Also, I just hired a girl to help me. What should be the paying ratio, since I supply the cleaning supplies, and gas/transportation?

Best Answer

Rates for the many types of cleaning can vary wildly depending upon your specific location, cleaning type (move in/out, home etc.), supply costs, domestic or business cleaning, etc.

In a large city, a one bedroom apartment can range $75-$150 for a 4 hour weekly. A 3 bedroom house $200-$300 weekly. In smaller towns, prices can drop to half or less.

You might call other cleaning services in your area (on the sly!) to ask their prices.

Good Luck!

As to paying your helper? You find the jobs and arrange the work, you buy the cleaning supplies and gas, you pick her up and take her home. I am by no means suggesting you pay her anything less than a fair hourly rate, but I'm sure she'd also appreciate knowing what she can expect to earn on a daily or weekly basis. As DCA suggests, why not call other services in the area to ask what they're paying their employees?