Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Slumber Party Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Girls Having a Slumber Party

A memorable party for youngsters can be a sleep over. This guide contains slumber party ideas.

Solutions: Slumber Party Ideas

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: "After" Slumber Party

My granddaughter just turned 7 and she wanted to have a slumber party with her friends to celebrate. But many kids her age have fears of spending a night away from home (and mom and dad). So my daughter decided to invite them over in their pajamas at 9 a.m. for a pancake party.

The pancakes became the birthday cake and the kids could top them with a variety of syrups and sprinkles. The birthday child had candles in hers. By 11 a.m., the party was over and they had the rest of the day to enjoy with their family. Very little expense and the novelty of the idea mixed with the excitement of the kids contributed to fun for all, especially my daughter.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Slumber Party Ideas.

Question: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

My daughter having her 12th birthday soon and she is going to go to the mall and 3/4 of the girls are coming back to our house for a sleepover. What games should I do for activities?

By annoymous from Great Britian, England, Preston

Most Recent Answer

By need party ideas for girls? [1]08/01/2013

For games you should do...
scavenger hunt inside? hide and go seek? blind make overs? fashion show? mystery game?

Question: Ideas for 12 Year Old Slumber Party

My daughter planned her slumber party to start at 2:30 in the afternoon and we need something inexpensive for the kids to do. There will be 8 kids and we already figured out a couple of things, but they will probably be up for a longtime and we need some help fast because the party is in March. Her theme is neon doodle (the theme is from Party City). Please give us some ideas for my 12 year old.

By Linda.G

Best Answer

By Louise B. [5]02/24/2014

How about pizzas for a snack, and they make the pizza? Lots and lots of movies - for the evening. Board games, in some sort of contest. Monopoly takes a couple of hours. Making some sort of craft? You could get kits or find something on the internet that might be inexpensive. Spa afternoon - doing each others hair and nails?

Question: Planning a 12 Year Old Girl's Neon Slumber Party

I'm having a neon slumber party in a few months, but I don't know what to do. My daughter is an "extreme" girly girl, but I need some ideas. I want this party to be a party that 11/12 year old girls will never forget. I need your help.

By Linda.G

Question: Sleepover Party Party Advice

My daughter is turning twelve and wants to have friends sleepover. How many should I let her have, our house is medium size?

By Amy

Most Recent Answer

By Nemo S01/26/2014

When I was younger and wanted to have a larger sleepover my mom would take a sleeping bag and see how many sleeping bags could comfortably fit on the floor of where we were sleeping. That is how many I was allowed to invite.

Question: Hotel Themed Slumber Birthday Party Ideas

My birthday is in a few months, in winter, so it's sort of limited as to what we can do. I want to have a hotel-themed birthday/slumber party, but not at an actual hotel. I want to decorate my house sort of like a hotel, and act like it is a hotel. I have a few ideas, but altogether I'm not sure what I should do, and how I should decorate, mostly. If you have any other ideas for any other themes, can you explain them in as much detail as you can? Thank you!

By Savannah S

Most Recent Answer

By Janie10/06/2013

Wonderful theme. Make sure you have a continental breakfast. A chech-in desk. And a lobby sofa and chairs. Plenty of green plants.

Question: Spa Themed Party Ideas

Does anyone have any ideas for a spa themed sleepover?

By Olivia J.

Most Recent Answer

By moneshya98.ng03/02/2014

For a spa themed party idea you should picture a nail shop and get the foot massagers and set tables up like the actual salon. You can use computer desks for the nails and lay them out across the table so they could choose and at the other side of the room have all the lotions and face rub things for the facials.

Question: Ideas for 14 Year Old Girls Sleep Over

I need some help on trying to find out what to do for my daughter's 14th birthday party. I am looking for ideas that's not going to overall cost an abundance of money. It's in one week. Please any ideas, I need help!

By Casey

Most Recent Answer

By toryhannah8202/06/2014

Nail bar, chocolate fountain, talk about boys

Question: Christmas Sleepover Game Ideas

I'm hosting a Christmas sleepover and I don't know what to do for games. Will you give me some ideas?

By Brianna. T

Most Recent Answer

By metroplex [81]11/11/2012

I'm not very good at games, but there's always that old favorite, Twister. You can get it at toys r us or on line toysrus.com.

There's always bingo.
I found this on amazon.com. I bought this years ago but never tried it yet:

Tis The Season, Christmas Trivia Game
Anton Publications, Inc.

List Price: $24.96
Price: $20.95
You Save: $4.01 (16%)
In Stock
Sold by The Ducky Depot and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Gift-wrap available.
Eligible for free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
Want it delivered by Tuesday, Nov 13? Order within 29hr 44min, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

Hope these helped. Merry Christmas to you too! It sounds like a great idea, just having the idea of a sleepover on Christmas! What fun!

Question: Slumber Party Movies

What are some good movies for a slumber party?

By Jessica

Most Recent Answer

By Evelyn R. [1]01/05/2014

If you want scary
Campfire Tales
When A Strangers Calls
The Ring

If you want funny
Miss Congeniality 1 and 2
Sydney White
Sleepover
Hope it helps (:

Question: Sleepover KCA Party Ideas

I'm having a party with some of my friends and I don't know what they like. and its on the 31 and i want it to be big i just need your help.

By Haylee

Most Recent Answer

By Teresa Tart [1]03/20/2012

I don't understand why you don't know what kind of foods your friends like! How about pizza, chips and dip, brownies or cookies. carrots and celery with dip if someone wants something healthy. Pigs in the blanket made with cocktail wieners are good, apples, oranges or other fruits, ice cream. I hope this helps! Hope you have a good time!

Question: Planning a 12th Birthday Slumber Party

My daughter's birthday party is less then 2 weeks away. She wants to have a slumber party, but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment; one with a bunk bed, which is her room.There are three other people living there as well and she wants 3 more people spending the night. Should I let her have one?

By Samantha A from Sylvania, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Stephanie [117]02/28/2012

Absolutely! They don't care about the space and four girls won't get too noisy - you'll be there to shush them if they do.

You didn't say how old the other people are in the apartment, but if there are kids, perhaps they could stay at a friend's house for the night. My best friend watched my boys when my daughter had a slumber party so they weren't annoying the girls the whole night (I took them over after the cake and presents).

Question: Sleep Over Ideas for Girls

My best friend and I are doing an allnighter tonight. We got plenty of sleep last night so we're well rested! What should we do and what should we do to stay awake? I want out of the box answers. We cannot go outside because her parents don't really want us going outside after they go to bed. Thank you. We need the answers fast.

By Girly and cal

Most Recent Answer

By Ace [3]01/09/2012

Have a make up party. Gives you more ideas on how to fix each other up.

Question: Minimum Age for a Sleep Over Party

My daughter is turning 7 in January. Is this too young for a sleepover? Two of the girls are a year older.

By Carla

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen blakley [5]11/19/2011

It depends on the emotional maturity of the girls, I had one who could sleep away from home and one who couldn't make all the way through, just be prepared to call parents to pick up child. You won't know till you try it, I wouldn't have too many either. It works best if there are only 2-3 girls, others wise it gets too rowdy.

Question: Throwing a Good Slumber Party

What are some fun activities for girls at a slumber party? I'm hosting a slumber party in 8 weeks and I have some games, but I'm not quite there yet. Many thanks.

By Jayde from Northland, NZ

Most Recent Answer

By IrisDelahoussaye12/16/2013

Someday game ideas would be scavenger hunts Carter Heights fashion shows and nail shop.

Question: Kids Choice Awards Sleepover Party

I'm having a Kids Choice Awards Sleepover Party. Can you give me some ideas on what to eat, do, and decorations. The girls are in seventh grade and are 13. Anything on this is helpful. Thanks!

Stephanie from Brockton, MA

Most Recent Answer

By Peri F03/05/2012

Spaghetti tacos come from iCarly. A restaurant near me has even put them on their kids' menu.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

I need party ideas for an 11 year old girl that wants to have 5 girls sleep over at our house.

Laura from New York

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

My 10 year old daughter just went to a sleepover party and the girls had the best time. They decorated their own cupcakes, sang karaoke, the mom did "facial masks", they painted each others nails, they played freeze dance (the girls danced and then mom would stop the music and everyone froze and tried not to giggle), they also did a Decorate your own pillow case contest. Mom got cheap white pillow cases and fabric markers and the girls decorated it. All the girls signed each others pillow case like a yearbook, they played a game called Left, Right, Center (it only uses a special pair of dice and each player gets 3 chips) ITs a fun game. In the morning they had bagels and then went home. My daughter had a blast. (01/06/2007)

By kimmcg

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

I had a sleepover just this weekend. it's theme was "Night with the Stars". I named it that because everyone dressed up like a celebrity. we walked down the red carpet, got "mobbed" by the "paparatzi", and made movie star worthy sleep masks. It was really fun. My friend Diamon said, "it was totally awesome!" (02/13/2007)

By Carmen S.

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

I held a sleepover and we bought some chocolate and melted it then bought strawberries and marshmallows and other foods the we dipped the food in the chocolate then ate it. It was delicious! (02/14/2007)

By kaylz

My daughter's best friend will be coming over for a sleepover. She will stay the night and be here until late the next day. What should I do to keep them from feeling bored? My daughter enjoys Scrabble and we have a large cinema room at our home. What DVDs would six year olds enjoy? What about food?

Yi from Berkeley, CA

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

Make everyone bring a magazine they don't need, and paper. Have them cut out of the magazine and make cards, posters, and etc. (02/18/2009)

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

Why not let them just be kids and play with toys and color. Watch children's cartoons. Maybe make some cupcakes and let them ice them. Maybe even read to them a story. (02/20/2009)

By Shelly

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

My daughter had a sleepover last year and we had a blast! She wants to be a fashion designer, so we divided the girls into groups, gave each group a role of toilet tissue, and after about 5 minutes we called all of them together to judge their "Fashion Masterpieces"! They loved it. It was hilarious! It's amazing what you can do with toilet tissue. (02/28/2009)

By KT

My daughter wants to have a sleepover party for her birthday on August 26. I don't know what I'm going to do to make her party fun. Please help.

Sarah

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

Have a pizza party. Each guest gets to make her own pizza. Have a book swap. Each girl brings 2-3 books to exchange. Play games with balloons, all kids like them.

Good luck and have a good time. (04/09/2009)

By Wendopolis

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

It really depends on the age of the girls. Have your daughter help pick a theme.

My daughters have had movie nights where everyone brought a favorite movie and then they drew titles out of a hat to see which they watched first, (fewer hurt feelings if someones movie didn't get picked first) pizza, pop, and popcorn were the menu. Some kids brought candy.

We have had a "spa party" for 12-13 year olds and did simple manicure/pedicures. We went to Dollar Tree and got pumice stones and nail files (so everyone had their own) and they soaked and scrubbed their feet. We have an assortment of scented lotions. The girls took turns painting nails. I already had an assortment of polish. They did basic facials and played with makeup. We served fruit smoothies and sparkling water in stemmed glasses and finger food with fancy tooth picks. The girls were hilarious trying to act grown up. They even ended up playing dress up and making some "unique" outfits that had everyone in the house laughing at the impromptu fashion show.

I have 3 girls (the youngest is 12) and would say that in my experience the groups always find a way to entertain themselves, Rather than boredom, I have found there is usually at least one squabble and someone's feelings get hurt, but they recover quickly. So try to plan group activities that don't leave someone out, and don't worry if things don't go perfectly. Don't stress about planning to entertain them every minute. My girls and their "herd" always ended up wanting to push me and the rest of the family out of the family room for their party. I think I was just there to provide beverages and snacks and occasionally referee.

And being the mean mom that I am, the next morning, the family room had to be restored to the pre-party condition and everyone had to help. The guests were always willing and were better at cleaning than my daughters. But that was always a condition of the party planning. (04/09/2009)

By JWheeler

RE: Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

I've found that simple crafting projects are a great sleepover activity that also double as party favors for the guests to take home. Personalization to party gifts is always a hit. (06/10/2009)

By Rachel_M6

Archive: Throwing a Good Slumber Party

How do I throw a good slumber party?

I am looking for ideas for an 11 year old girl's party, something cheap and super. Maybe some sleepover ideas.

I am looking for some fun party games for an 11 year old girl's birthday sleepover.