Slumber Party Ideas

A memorable party for youngsters can be a sleep over. This guide contains slumber party ideas.

April 16, 2012 Flag

My granddaughter just turned 7 and she wanted to have a slumber party with her friends to celebrate. But many kids her age have fears of spending a night away from home (and mom and dad). So my daughter decided to invite them over in their pajamas at 9 a.m. for a pancake party.

The pancakes became the birthday cake and the kids could top them with a variety of syrups and sprinkles. The birthday child had candles in hers. By 11 a.m., the party was over and they had the rest of the day to enjoy with their family. Very little expense and the novelty of the idea mixed with the excitement of the kids contributed to fun for all, especially my daughter.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

What a great idea!

January 12, 2016 Flag

I'm having three friends over to sleep (in 4 days) for my birthday, but it's not a big birthday it's just my 14th. My mum doesn't want to spend a heap of money because they don't have a lot, but yeah. I just don't have that many ideas and I don't want them getting bored! So if you guys have any that would help a lot.

ask them for advice on what they like or order pizza and have a movie night

February 23, 2014 Flag

My daughter planned her slumber party to start at 2:30 in the afternoon and we need something inexpensive for the kids to do. There will be 8 kids and we already figured out a couple of things, but they will probably be up for a longtime and we need some help fast because the party is in March. Her theme is neon doodle (the theme is from Party City). Please give us some ideas for my 12 year old.

By Linda.G

Best Answer

How about pizzas for a snack, and they make the pizza? Lots and lots of movies - for the evening. Board games, in some sort of contest. Monopoly takes a couple of hours. Making some sort of craft? You could get kits or find something on the internet that might be inexpensive. Spa afternoon - doing each others hair and nails?

August 6, 2016 Flag

I will be 17 on the 14th of August. I'm having a sleepover/slumber party and I don't know what type of food and activities I should have. Any ideas?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ask them what they want you can't just make it about you but I would recommend pizza

September 25, 2015 Flag

My birthday is coming up and I don't know what to do. I was going with the sleepover theme, but I don't know what to do for activities. I'm not a girly girl, but I'm not a tom-boy. Help. I want to have 6 friends over.

go and buy giftcards or gag gifts and play a game with your friends. whoever wins gets the prize. play manhunt or something when it gets dark. also its fun to do challenges like whats in my mouth and etc.

. paint your nails

.do crafts

. prank call

.dress up funny and walk around your street

.

February 1, 2011 Flag

My daughter having her 12th birthday soon and she is going to go to the mall and 3/4 of the girls are coming back to our house for a sleepover. What games should I do for activities?

By annoymous from Great Britian, England, Preston

Last year we chose to do my daughters "kids party" almost 6 mos. after her "real birthday"(which happens to be Christmas Eve), since that's a difficult time for a birthday party. It's a nice change. Instead of pizza I made up a batch of spaghetti and meat balls for their dinner...but the surprise was how I served them all. You should've seen the look on the girls faces when I threw on the floor and told them to eat it off the floor! Of course I had mopped, disinfected and put down a couple of disposable table clothes.

It was a Hoot as soon as the girls got use to the idea. We took video and share it with friends and family. And...this year the girls are all asking to do it again. I actually got the idea from an interview with Joan Rivers. She was describing a memory of her daughter she had. I thought it would be great fun. It is messy, but...oh, so much fun for the girls!

January 25, 2014 Flag

I'm having a neon slumber party in a few months, but I don't know what to do. My daughter is an "extreme" girly girl, but I need some ideas. I want this party to be a party that 11/12 year old girls will never forget. I need your help.

By Linda.G

You can have a makeup/ spa, or create shirts with tie die or highlighters, that's what I'm doing for my slumber party!

January 20, 2014 Flag

My daughter is turning twelve and wants to have friends sleepover. How many should I let her have, our house is medium size?

By Amy

When I was younger and wanted to have a larger sleepover my mom would take a sleeping bag and see how many sleeping bags could comfortably fit on the floor of where we were sleeping. That is how many I was allowed to invite.

October 4, 2013 Flag

My birthday is in a few months, in winter, so it's sort of limited as to what we can do. I want to have a hotel-themed birthday/slumber party, but not at an actual hotel. I want to decorate my house sort of like a hotel, and act like it is a hotel. I have a few ideas, but altogether I'm not sure what I should do, and how I should decorate, mostly. If you have any other ideas for any other themes, can you explain them in as much detail as you can? Thank you!

By Savannah S

Wonderful theme. Make sure you have a continental breakfast. A chech-in desk. And a lobby sofa and chairs. Plenty of green plants.

March 11, 2008 Flag

I'm having a Kids Choice Awards Sleepover Party. Can you give me some ideas on what to eat, do, and decorations. The girls are in seventh grade and are 13. Anything on this is helpful. Thanks!

Stephanie from Brockton, MA

We have one every year for my boys who are now 9 and 6. We just try to model or name the food after the shows in some way. We have The Patrick which is 7up and Grenadine (the kiddie cocktail at some restaurants). We make green milkshakes after dinner. This year we are going to try to make spaghetti tacos, and I am not sure what show they saw that on! I am making cupcakes with purple icing and a big splat of orange on the top, like the logo. We have treat bags for them with Nickelodeon themed favors (usually Spongebob stuff) and I download the theme songs for Drake and Josh, iCarly, Zoey 101, etc., and this is the music while we eat. They of course like to fill out their ballots before the show to see how many they can guess right. I am thinking of making them red vests out of felt that look like the one Josh wears when he works at the movie theatre.

February 27, 2012 Flag

My daughter's birthday party is less then 2 weeks away. She wants to have a slumber party, but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment; one with a bunk bed, which is her room.There are three other people living there as well and she wants 3 more people spending the night. Should I let her have one?

By Samantha A from Sylvania, OH

Absolutely! Just tell, or include on invitation for everyone to bring a sleeping bag. That's half the fun! Throw in some snacks and a few movies and they will have a blast.

April 27, 2012 Flag

What are some good movies for a slumber party?

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties PlanningAugust 31, 2012
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas
Home Decorated for Girl's Birthday Party
Decorating Your Home for a Party
🎉
🎄