Slumber Party Ideas

Category Planning
A memorable party for youngsters can be a sleep over. This guide contains slumber party ideas.

My granddaughter just turned 7 and she wanted to have a slumber party with her friends to celebrate. But many kids her age have fears of spending a night away from home (and mom and dad). So my daughter decided to invite them over in their pajamas at 9 a.m. for a pancake party.

The pancakes became the birthday cake and the kids could top them with a variety of syrups and sprinkles. The birthday child had candles in hers. By 11 a.m., the party was over and they had the rest of the day to enjoy with their family. Very little expense and the novelty of the idea mixed with the excitement of the kids contributed to fun for all, especially my daughter.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

What a great idea!

My daughter is turning 12 in 3 weeks. She wants a slumber party, but my house isn't big enough. Where can I have the slumber party?

How about camping?

Or could you host the slumber party at someone else's home like a relative.

I'm having three friends over to sleep (in 4 days) for my birthday, but it's not a big birthday it's just my 14th. My mum doesn't want to spend a heap of money because they don't have a lot, but yeah. I just don't have that many ideas and I don't want them getting bored! So if you guys have any that would help a lot.

Anonymous

ask them for advice on what they like or order pizza and have a movie night

My daughter planned her slumber party to start at 2:30 in the afternoon and we need something inexpensive for the kids to do. There will be 8 kids and we already figured out a couple of things, but they will probably be up for a longtime and we need some help fast because the party is in March. Her theme is neon doodle (the theme is from Party City). Please give us some ideas for my 12 year old.

By Linda.G

Best Answer

How about pizzas for a snack, and they make the pizza? Lots and lots of movies - for the evening. Board games, in some sort of contest. Monopoly takes a couple of hours. Making some sort of craft? You could get kits or find something on the internet that might be inexpensive. Spa afternoon - doing each others hair and nails?

I will be 17 on the 14th of August. I'm having a sleepover/slumber party and I don't know what type of food and activities I should have. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Ask them what they want you can't just make it about you but I would recommend pizza

My daughter having her 12th birthday soon and she is going to go to the mall and 3/4 of the girls are coming back to our house for a sleepover. What games should I do for activities?

By annoymous from Great Britian, England, Preston

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Last year we chose to do my daughters "kids party" almost 6 mos. after her "real birthday"(which happens to be Christmas Eve), since that's a difficult time for a birthday party. It's a nice change. Instead of pizza I made up a batch of spaghetti and meat balls for their dinner...but the surprise was how I served them all. You should've seen the look on the girls faces when I threw on the floor and told them to eat it off the floor! Of course I had mopped, disinfected and put down a couple of disposable table clothes.

It was a Hoot as soon as the girls got use to the idea. We took video and share it with friends and family. And...this year the girls are all asking to do it again. I actually got the idea from an interview with Joan Rivers. She was describing a memory of her daughter she had. I thought it would be great fun. It is messy, but...oh, so much fun for the girls!

My birthday is coming up and I don't know what to do. I was going with the sleepover theme, but I don't know what to do for activities. I'm not a girly girl, but I'm not a tom-boy. Help. I want to have 6 friends over.

go and buy giftcards or gag gifts and play a game with your friends. whoever wins gets the prize. play manhunt or something when it gets dark. also its fun to do challenges like whats in my mouth and etc.

. paint your nails

.do crafts

. prank call

.dress up funny and walk around your street

.

I'm having a neon slumber party in a few months, but I don't know what to do. My daughter is an "extreme" girly girl, but I need some ideas. I want this party to be a party that 11/12 year old girls will never forget. I need your help.

By Linda.G

You can have a makeup/ spa, or create shirts with tie die or highlighters, that's what I'm doing for my slumber party!

My daughter is turning twelve and wants to have friends sleepover. How many should I let her have, our house is medium size?

By Amy

When I was younger and wanted to have a larger sleepover my mom would take a sleeping bag and see how many sleeping bags could comfortably fit on the floor of where we were sleeping. That is how many I was allowed to invite.

My birthday is in a few months, in winter, so it's sort of limited as to what we can do. I want to have a hotel-themed birthday/slumber party, but not at an actual hotel. I want to decorate my house sort of like a hotel, and act like it is a hotel. I have a few ideas, but altogether I'm not sure what I should do, and how I should decorate, mostly. If you have any other ideas for any other themes, can you explain them in as much detail as you can? Thank you!

By Savannah S

Wonderful theme. Make sure you have a continental breakfast. A chech-in desk. And a lobby sofa and chairs. Plenty of green plants.

My daughter's birthday party is less then 2 weeks away. She wants to have a slumber party, but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment; one with a bunk bed, which is her room.There are three other people living there as well and she wants 3 more people spending the night. Should I let her have one?

By Samantha A from Sylvania, OH

Absolutely! Just tell, or include on invitation for everyone to bring a sleeping bag. That's half the fun! Throw in some snacks and a few movies and they will have a blast.

I'm having a Kids Choice Awards Sleepover Party. Can you give me some ideas on what to eat, do, and decorations. The girls are in seventh grade and are 13. Anything on this is helpful. Thanks!

Stephanie from Brockton, MA

We have one every year for my boys who are now 9 and 6. We just try to model or name the food after the shows in some way. We have The Patrick which is 7up and Grenadine (the kiddie cocktail at some restaurants). We make green milkshakes after dinner. This year we are going to try to make spaghetti tacos, and I am not sure what show they saw that on! I am making cupcakes with purple icing and a big splat of orange on the top, like the logo. We have treat bags for them with Nickelodeon themed favors (usually Spongebob stuff) and I download the theme songs for Drake and Josh, iCarly, Zoey 101, etc., and this is the music while we eat. They of course like to fill out their ballots before the show to see how many they can guess right. I am thinking of making them red vests out of felt that look like the one Josh wears when he works at the movie theatre.

I want to have another sleepover with my best friend, but I don't know what games to play. Also what food would you have at the party?

What are some good movies for a slumber party?

By Jessica

Anonymous

I haven't been to a slumber party for 45 years so can't suggest any current movie titles but, in my humble opinion, anything scary; age appropriate of course ;-)

My best friend and I are doing an allnighter tonight. We got plenty of sleep last night so we're well rested! What should we do and what should we do to stay awake? I want out of the box answers. We cannot go outside because her parents don't really want us going outside after they go to bed. Thank you. We need the answers fast.

By Girly and cal

Is there a 24 hr Walmart? Make a "Walmart Scavenger Hunt"-either stuff to buy or even better-take pictures of the items!

Does anyone have any ideas for a spa themed sleepover?

By Olivia J.

For a spa themed party idea you should picture a nail shop and get the foot massagers and set tables up like the actual salon. You can use computer desks for the nails and lay them out across the table so they could choose and at the other side of the room have all the lotions and face rub things for the facials.

I need some help on trying to find out what to do for my daughter's 14th birthday party. I am looking for ideas that's not going to overall cost an abundance of money. It's in one week. Please any ideas, I need help!

By Casey

Nail bar, chocolate fountain, talk about boys

My daughter's having a slumber party. I don't know what games we can play. Please help me.

By Kamila

I'm hosting a Christmas sleepover and I don't know what to do for games. Will you give me some ideas?

By Brianna. T

I'm not very good at games, but there's always that old favorite, Twister. You can get it at toys r us or on line toysrus.com.

There's always bingo.

I found this on amazon.com. I bought this years ago but never tried it yet:

Tis The Season, Christmas Trivia Game

Anton Publications, Inc.

List Price: $24.96

Price: $20.95

You Save: $4.01 (16%)

In Stock

Sold by The Ducky Depot and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Gift-wrap available.

Eligible for free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

Want it delivered by Tuesday, Nov 13? Order within 29hr 44min, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

Hope these helped. Merry Christmas to you too! It sounds like a great idea, just having the idea of a sleepover on Christmas! What fun!

I'm having a party with some of my friends and I don't know what they like. and its on the 31 and i want it to be big i just need your help.

By Haylee

I don't understand why you don't know what kind of foods your friends like! How about pizza, chips and dip, brownies or cookies. carrots and celery with dip if someone wants something healthy. Pigs in the blanket made with cocktail wieners are good, apples, oranges or other fruits, ice cream. I hope this helps! Hope you have a good time!

My daughter is turning 7 in January. Is this too young for a sleepover? Two of the girls are a year older.

By Carla

It depends on the emotional maturity of the girls, I had one who could sleep away from home and one who couldn't make all the way through, just be prepared to call parents to pick up child. You won't know till you try it, I wouldn't have too many either. It works best if there are only 2-3 girls, others wise it gets too rowdy.

What are some fun activities for girls at a slumber party? I'm hosting a slumber party in 8 weeks and I have some games, but I'm not quite there yet. Many thanks.

I am looking for ideas for an 11 year old girl's party, something cheap and super. Maybe some sleepover ideas.

Load More