Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
open washing machine

It is truly frustrating to have the spin cycle on your washer quit working, leaving you with a sopping load of laundry. This is a guide about spin cycle not working on washer.

Here are questions related to Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer.

Question: Washing Machine Won't Drain

My machine was washing then it just stopped. I can hear it trying to empty but nothing. I switched it off then switched it back on and it started to fill up again, then stopped. Any help is appreciated. It's an old machine, but I never had any problems till now. It's an Indesit 1500 wil153. I can hear the sound of the motor trying to work, but nothing. It keeps stopping.

By Paula

Question: Spin Cycle Doesn't Work

My washer drains from the bottom and won't spin, so the clothes are soaked.

By Pete

Most Recent Answer

By Wanda 04/15/2014

Hello, Go to Youtube. There are literally tons of 'how to' videos. Enter your problem in the search box and you will have many to select from. I've saved quite a bit of money doing this.

Question: Washing Machine Won't Spin With Lid Closed

My washing machine will wash but the spin cycle will not spin or drain the tub what do I do to repair that?

By Shelly H. from Manteca, CA

Most Recent Answer

By xyz04/15/2014

Sounds like the lid switch has gone bad. Google your model number and look for lid switch. Most can be found for about 15 dollars.

Question: Spin Cycle Not Working

I have a 20 year old Maytag washer that has a two cycle. One cycle, the spin dry will not work. On the other cycle it works fine. Any thought why the one cycle will not spin?

By Tom W.

Most Recent Answer

By denise c03/27/2014

I had the same problem, a repairman replaced the door switch motor in my washer and that resolved it.

Question: Kenmore Washer Will Not Spin

My Kenmore washer does everything, but will not go into the spin cycle. I replaced the clutch, but this did not solve the problem. I am now finding that, if I manually move the was tub an inch or two clockwise, the washer will go into the spin cycle. The tub is difficult to move, but this trick has worked every time for the last 12 loads of laundry.

By Harry B

Question: GE Washer Drains But Won't Spin

My GE washer is 3 years old (model#GHWP1000MOWW), it will drain the water out, but will not spin. It makes a sound like it's spinning, but it isn't. Thanks.

By Scott H.

Best Answer

By Beverly [7]03/02/2014

Howdy. I had this happen to me about a year back. After me researching this on the web. I decided it was the lid switch. When you put down your lid to the washer... it starts a mechanism. I also talked with people where I ordered my parts from and they agreed... it was the lid switch.

I ordered it (less than $50.00 including s/h), and then installed it ourselves (me and my husband). I found out how to replace it by using youtube. I watched the video several times and even kept it up and was running back and forth from the washer to the computer. We got it replaced and it worked like a dream.

Question: Amana Washing Machine Won't Spin

I have an Amana NAV 6800aww washing machine. The tub tries to spin clockwise in the spin cycle, but the brakes are on. Is the tub suppose to spin counterclockwise in the spin cycle?

By Ken H. from Livonia, MI

Question: Washer Not Spinning

I have a Frigidaire Infiniti front loader and it does not spin. It leaves my clothes wet. What could I do?

By Rose

Question: Washer Won't Spin

My Hotpoint washer was making a clucking sound when it starts on a spin cycle. Now it has stopped the sound, but it won't spin out at all.

By Wanda from Campnellsville, KY

Question: Spin Cycle Not Working

The spin cycle does not work on my machine. It washes and rinses fine, but will not spin.

By Wanda from Greenwood, SC

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]09/06/2013

How old is your machine, and is it still under warranty?

If still under warranty the cost to have a factory trained repair tech come out will be very reasonable (and may even be free) but be aware that some things are not covered under even a comprehensive warranty if the tech determines the fault is yours (overloading, using too much detergent, incorrectly installed by a DIY installer, etc).

The age matters for things like belts and drives - on one older machine of mine it was the belt, on another newer model it was the 'transmission', and on another it was an accumulation of lint.

Too, this really is a job for a trained repair tech because it involves pulling the back panel and being exposed to dangerous static electricity build up. The tech will know how to keep from being badly shocked (goes far beyond merely unplugging the machine, btw), and has the training to get your machine spinning again.

Depending on the age and make of your machine it may actually cost you less to replace it with new machine. However, if your machine has specialty features it may be more cost effective to have it repaired.

Telephone around and get some over the phone estimates of the costs involved. No matter what they try to say over the phone ("Oh your problem could be so many different things it's best if I come out and have a look..." and variations on that theme), stick to your guns and ask them for a rough estimate over the phone so you can decide if you want to spend the money on repairs or replacement. A good repair tech will respect that and will give you a rough idea of the costs based on best and worst case scenarios.

Repair tech charges are based on making the trip to your house+labour to fix the machine+the parts needed.

Question: Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer

I have a model GLWS1223AS1 washer. The the spin cycle is not working correctly. I went to check on it because I heard a strange noise coming from it. I noticed a rubber smell as well so I popped the top off and checked all things mentioned here. The closed the lid and did a test cycle. Halfway through it stopped. So I gave it a little help and it finished the cycle. What should I check for now?

By Jeremy

Question: Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Won't Spin

The machine won't drain or spin. The front panel reads pau/door.

By Andy

Question: Spin Cycle Not Working

My Whirlpool top load washer spin cycle is not working. What should I check before I call the repairman?

By MW

Most Recent Answer

By Dianne Sahakian07/08/2012

If your top loading washer doesn't spin it probably needs a new belt, and if your handy you can do it yourself, you can order the belt you need through your washer brand, call their number and they can order it for you and you can put it on the same way you took it off and save yourself some money. I feel you can also do the same thing for a front loading machine too. If you are not a handyperson call a repairman to do it for you. Sometimes you can also order the part through anyplace that sells them as well.

Question: Washer Stops After It Fills for Rinse Cycle and Does Not Spin

My washing machine completes the wash cycle, water drains, then it starts the spin cycle, it fills up with water, but when the water is in the tub instead of spinning it stops, with water left in the tub.

By HenryJ from Norman, OK

Most Recent Answer

By xintexas [28]04/27/2011

You can look up on You Tube. They show step by step how to repair certain brands. Hope yours is one of them. I found out why my washer wasn't working. It turned out the pump just needed cleaning out. Washers are easy to repair everything is replaceable in it but you must be mechanical inclined,

Question: Washing Machine Isn't Spinning

All of a sudden my washer won't spin. It sounds like it is but it doesn't revolve. Does this sound like it might be a solenoid?

By Lois from Seattle, WA

Most Recent Answer

By Retha Montgomery B.11/06/2011

Probably your clutch has gone out. It will need to be repaired.

Question: Fixing a Washer That Won't Spin

In the last spin cycle, my washer made a breaking, grinding plastic noise. I opened lid and after a minute of this noise it stopped spinning and the motor was still running? It agitates, washes clothes, drains water out, but will not spin? I have to fix it myself. Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is?

By Diane from MI

Most Recent Answer

By Jackie04/03/2011

It sound like the belt broke, If you can turn over the washer and see if it did take to old belt and replace it with the same one, new of corse, it is not hard to do. be careful to unplug the washer first and get a person that has the strength to turn it over for you, I hope this helps and God bless you.

Question: Washing Machine Spin Cycle Not Working

My washer's spin cycle does not work. What can I do?

By Arturo from San Diego, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z [5]03/25/2011

The washer won't spin if you have a plugged i[ drain. Did you wash something and it fell apart in the washer? That would do it. Another thing is to find you reset button it's usually on the top of the washer - it might look like an open small hole. Take a screw driver and put it inside to click the button. If all else fails it's probably the belt on the motor. If you don't have anyone to take apart your machine call a repair guy - cost appx. $109.00.

Question: Washer Filling With Water During Spin Cycle

I have a Frigidaire stackable washer and dryer. The washer keeps filling during the spin cycle leaving water in the machine. The machine still spins and empties but continues to fill.

By Kristin from Charleston, SC

Most Recent Answer

By SANDI [2]02/24/2011

Once the machine is in the spin mode and is rinsing out, turn off the water to the machine. Hope this helps you short turn. Obviously there is a problem with your washer and you need a service call. Depending on the age and cost of repair you might opt to shut off the water.

Solutions: Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!