Stained Tupperware

How do you clean stained plastic (aka Tupperware) containers? They were once clear but now are beige or were a particular color and now have a tinge to that color.

Hook Family from USA

Answers:

Sun Bleached

I have heard that you can put your stained Tupperware bowls out in the sun and the sun bleaches them. A girl at my church says this is what her grandmother does and it works. It's worth a try and it's free. (01/26/2006)

By luv2craft

Baking Soda

A paste of baking soda and water works really well. I usually mix the soda and water and let the containers sit over night but if there are any cracks in the plastic they go on to other non-food uses. I'm a bit paranoid about the chemicals in the plastic leaching into food. I love the Pyrex glass storage containers and only have a few Tupperware containers floating around! (01/26/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

The Sun

I've had good luck with clear Tupperware that's been stained by spaghetti sauce. I just put them out on the driveway in the sun on a clear, hot Texas day. The sun did, indeed, "bleach" the stain right out! (01/27/2006)

By Barb

Bleach

Bleach has worked, but also try rinsing with cold water and using a paper towel to wipe out immediately, if you are at work. It seems to work for me. (01/27/2006)

http://www.frugalforlife.com

By FFL

Tupperware is Guaranteed

Tupperware is guaranteed for life to be table worthy - your nearest Tupperware dealer should be able to replace them with the same or like item. (01/28/2006)

By gumbysue

Preventing Stained Tupperware

A tip for the future, spray Tupperware with PAM before putting tomato based foods in it. You shouldn't have the problem again. (02/01/2006)

By Luvyabye

Food in Tupperware
Cleaning Stained Tupperware
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Tupperware Stacked
Organizing Plastic Containers
Painting Over Stained Wood Door
Painting Over Stained Wood
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 9:24:08 AM on 10.0.1.143 in 982 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.