Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Substitute for Chocolate Chips in Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Mixing bowl with chocolate chips.

Many recipes call for chocolate chips, but if you are out of them, there are other ingredients that you can substitute. This is a guide about substitute for chocolate chips in recipes.

Here are questions related to Substitute for Chocolate Chips in Recipes.

Question: Substitute for Chocolate Chips in Recipes

Could anyone give me some suggestions please? I see so many recipes using chocolate chips and I get so frustrated, because I would love to try them out. However, I can't because where I live chocolate chips or drops are, for some obscure reason, horribly expensive.

Would anyone know if there is a substitute that I can use instead? I've tried smashing up a chocolate bar and the bits are too big, running it through a food processor just makes one big gunky mess. Help, please?

By Cettina from Malta, Europe

Best Answer

By Sandra Moore [3]11/04/2009

Have you ever thought of using raisins or chopped dates? It would be healthier for you. You did say you have a chocolate bar, but it was thick, have you tried using a large knife to chop the bar into thin strips, while it is at room temperature? Then freeze those strips in a zip lock bag. After it freezes, use a meat tenderizer or hammer on the bag until all the pieces are smaller. Or, you could melt the candy bar in a double boiler or microwave, put it in an icing bag, create little dots with your icing bag and use them as chocolate chips.

Recipes

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!