Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

What is the recipe for vinegar and water solution (how much vinegar to water) to use in the Swiffer Wet Jet? Thank you.

By Michelle Krum from Spring Grove, IL

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I would try 1 cup of vinegar and the rest water and maybe a couple of drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. I've also started using the Lysol concentrated using 1/8 cup and the rest water and it works well also. Good luck! (07/11/2009)

By smathis123

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I had laminate floors in my old house. The key is mopping a section and then drying. Ours would streak with just plain water if we didn't dry it. We had Quick-Step Laminate, so we used the cleaner made by Quick-Step, but we always had to dry it or it would streak. It has something in it that helps to repel dirt. I don't really know how to explain it, but it kind of moisturizes it without leaving it oily. Then all you have to do is use a dry Swiffer or dust mop. I kept a spray bottle of water and vinegar handy for high traffic areas and just used a sponge mop and dried with a microfiber mop or towel, depending on how large the area was. The Quick-Step cleaner also helps prevent scratching. (07/17/2009)

By reneetom

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I don't know about it being toxic to animals. My dog seemed OK, as does my parakeet, the few times I need to use the actual Swiffer solution. I just hate the smell of Swiffer's solution; too sweet smelling. Unfortunately, the plastic bottles end up cracking right where the holder, on the side of the bottle, goes. So, I end up having to purchase a new bottle about every six months. My favorite refill, because it's the most economical and hard working, is Pinesol. Put about an inch or two, depending on the dirt factor, in the bottle and fill with water; dissolves grime and gets all the dirt out of the crevices. Just don't use much more in the bottle or your floor will have a sticky feel. I love walking barefoot in the house and can't stand sticky floors. Also, I've never noticed any streaks on my tile or wood floors. (08/10/2009)

By Catedi

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Just wanted to let everyone know that the info about the cleaning solution hurting pets is false. It is a rumor. You can check it on snopes.com. It is a great spot to check all kinds of rumors you hear about viruses. I have a waxed wood floor so I don't know what kind of cleaner I could use in the Swiffer. Maybe a diluted Murphy's oil soap? Any ideas? (03/30/2010)

By judevacc

Floor being mopped with a Swiffer WetJet type modern mop
Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
🎉
🎄