Toro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

My Toro riding lawn mower is a year old. When I started it this year it wouldn't start. When I did get it started, it died after 30 seconds. Now it won't start at all, it doesn't even crank.

Orlando from Bear, De

Answers:

Toro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

When people put away their mowers for the year many do not drain the gas out of the tank and then run the engine until there is no gas left in the carburetor. The old gas will turn into gunk. This may have happened to your mower. The carburetor and gas lines have to be cleaned out. Some folks add a gas stabilizer to the gas in the fall when they put the mower away for the year. I don't, as I have had bad results, so I clean out the tank and carburetor as explained above. In the spring I add fresh gas and have the battery charged and I am ready to go. Have been doing it this way for years with no start up problems in the spring. If you don't want to do this yourself call a small engine guy to do it for you.

(08/29/2008)

By Harry

Toro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

We had that problem and it was the spark plug. (09/02/2008)

By rae

Toro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

Try these - http://www.thelawnmower.info/lawn_mower_repair.php (12/10/2008)

By jallinson

Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Photo of a push lawn mower.
Fixing a Lawn Mower That Won't Start
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄