Using Frozen Zucchini

I have quite a lot of shredded frozen zucchini. When I use the zucchini after it's been frozen and then defrosted for cakes or brownies, do I drain off the liquid? That liquid would have been in the zucchini in its natural state, as if I was using it fresh, but I am unsure if I need to drain it off before using in a recipe after it has been defrosted.

Thanks for any help on this.
Sandie from Missouri

Using Frozen Zucchini

I had the same problem several years back. I didn't know what to do, either. After trying it both ways, I chose to drain it. The recipes just worked better after draining the water off the thawed zucchini. I didn't shred all my zucchini upon freezing, some I cut in rounds. I'd drain them and dip in beaten egg and dredge through a seasoned flour mix and fry. These turned out beautifully. (06/29/2005)

By badwater

Using Frozen Zucchini

Yes, drain it, or use the liquid as part of the liquid in the recipe. (06/29/2005)

Using Frozen Zucchini

I, too, was unsure of what to do with the juice, but I did drain it and it produces enough moisture when cooking with it. I used mine to make bread and a zucchini cake recipe that I have. Mmmmm good! (06/29/2005)

By teatimelady

RE How to freeze Zuccini

How do you freeze zucchini? Thanks.

Editor's Note:

Here is a ThriftyFun article on freezing zucchini: (08/04/2008)

By Louise

Using Frozen Zucchini
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes