Using Over the Door Hooks

double hooks to hang jackets
Over the door hooks can have their usage expended an sometimes even they can be put to other uses entirely. This is a guide about using over the door hooks.

I carry an inexpensive light weight over the door hook, I bought at a 99 cent store in my purse. I hang it over rest room doors that don't have one to hang my coat or purse. That way my belongings stay clean and safe while using the restroom.

I love the over the door hooks you get at the dollar stores. But sometimes, they can be used in the laundry room for catching the clothes before they wrinkle.

I realized when finding a second hook that if your door is thinner, you can get more hanger room by flipping them upside down.

The square garners you more hanger space, and the curved part hugs the thinner doors better. You can't see much by the photo, but one hook holds 4 hangers and the other holds 6.

This door is to the hot water heater, but some have cupboards over the washer and dryer, too. Hope that helps.

Source:

Sometimes, people leave things in the apartments I live in. These Dollar Tree hooks and an old curtain rod gave me more space in my closet.

You can do this with a dowel, old broom handle you cut down or something similar.

I simply hooked the hooks, ran the rods and hung the coats. It took about 1 minute to do this. It was free to me, but you would spend about $4.00.

If you like the kind of hangers that swival, and you don't have any, they are 3/$1.00 at the Dollar Tree. I love them as they are not only more flexible, but sturdy.

Hope this inspires someone.

By Sandi from Salem, OR