Value of Murphy Cedar Bedroom Set

By vicky.trent 1

I have a 3 piece bedroom set, made of cedar, solid wood. There is a bed with shelf, large dresser with mirror, and another dresser. It is a set that my mom an dad bought. I can remember this since the sixties, and now it is passed down to me. All is there and in wonderful shape. I was wondering about how much it is worth now. I have searched the internet, but have found nothing like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By Vicky.

Showing: Answers Sort

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,695 Flag

Go on eBay and use the search term 'vintage bedroom suites', maybe add the decade the suite is from.

Then spend hours (lol, reading eBay can be a bit addictive) reading to see what similar suites to yours are going for. You really do get a good idea of value that way-value being what someone will pay for what you have to sell.

You can also trawl through the local online sales/freebie classifieds. Try your local CraigsList pages (google CraigsList and the name of your town or the next biggest town) too, you get a good idea of what people are paying locally-which sometimes can differ wildly from eBay.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

Hi - the first suggestions is very good advice and you can do that from your home.

Another suggestion would be to find a local shop that deals in this type (old) furniture and ask their opinion. Of course they would at least want some good photos or they my have to see it.

That is the only way you will find what is is worth to someone else. You would need more than one opinion and what is is worth and what someone will pay will be far apart in "money".

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Consumer Advice CollectiblesDecember 9, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cedar Chest
Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest
Close up of a lock on a cedar chest.
Restoring a Cedar Chest
Antique Murphy's Chest
Finding the Value of Antique Murphy's Furniture
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:06:00 AM on 10.0.2.99 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings