What Breed is My Dog?

I rescued this dog a few months ago. They said it was a pure breed Husky. I just wanted a second opinion, and if she does not look like a pure breed, does anyone have any ideas of what she could be mixed with?

Brittany

It really does look like a husky, maybe a hybrid wolf mix. How adorable. Lots of hugs to you for rescuing this baby! Racer

If you really want to know you can get a "Wisdom Panel MX Mixed Breed Dog DNA Test". Its available at Veterinarians and online. It's $124.99 online but it will tell you for sure if it is purebred or a mix and what % it is of what breeds. It is very good information for you and your vet to have for the health care of your pet. Check it out, it may be worth it for you.

To me it looks like an American Eskimo Dog or possibly a Samoyed. Go to www.dogbreedinfo.com and look at those two breeds. You can read the characteristics of each breed and see if they fit. You have a beautiful dog!

Not looking like a husky from here, more like a Samoyed mix. Google Husky and choose an image search, you'll see they don't look like yours. Different colors, hair and head shape.

Samoyed mix or wolf blend is my suggestion too. Husky has the pure blue eyes, can't tell by photo. The body shape is not the same either. Husky more muscular if pure bred.

I have no idea what she might be, but she is a beauty, that's for sure!

When I got my dog she was old enough to have pups. We knew she was a mix, didn't know what she was mixed with. Your dog looks like mine, except Blondie, my dog is blonde and white. my parents say she is a Eskimo Spitz, but I'm nopt sure. Just thought I'd tell you that. Sorry! Not very helpful, Hu

Beautiful! My dog looks like yours, but is blonde and white. She is a mix. I don't know what mix she is. My parents think she is an Eskimo Spitz.

Your dog is so cute. She looks like she is husky and Somalian mix.

A veterinarian can tell you what breed your dog is. Have you asked him? I surely hope you have taken your dog to one.

I'd say it's a shepherd/husky mix. Not pure bred for sure. Vets can't tell either. They can only guess.

I say husky/lab.

A stray dog with its puppies came and started living in our backyard, then we took all of them in our house. I bet they are now 3 weeks old, so we were wondering what breed they might be?