What Breed is My Dog?

Is my dog a pure bred Pit bull?

By Robert954 from Miami

It is hard for me to tell, but I can tell it has muscular shoulders and yet not that much musculature on the chest area, but it could be the pic. Do you want it to be a pure bred pit bull? They are wonderful dogs, mixes or purebred...I love them so much. It reminds me of my catahoula pup but not as much musculature as yours has. She was a deaf and blind emergency case that we cared for until Great Dane Rescue took her into one of their more specialized foster homes to teach her touch communication.

Give it a big hug! You could go to the internet and browse pics and compare them to your little dear. HAVE FUN! Racer

Thre are four breeds that are considered pitbulls - bull nose terriers, american pitbull terriers, american staffordshire terrier and staffordshire bull terrier - so there is no singel breed "pitbull".

Also pit traits tend to be dominant when mixed with other breeds. It's a cute pup but I'd be guessing there's a little bit of a mix one or two generations back. Your pup doesn't fit in with any of the 4 for really good breeding traits. A poor pure or a good mix really doesn't matter if you love the dog.

The American pitbull terrier is not a staff bull or staff terrier or whatever that guy just said. the American pit bull terrier is the American pit bull terrier. They have their own registry, they are their own dog. if you would like to know if its pure bred, you need to look at its papers. if you don't have papers for the dog then its probably a mutt. Someone out trying to say they have pure breds to make the money.

If the mom and dad were pure bred pits then they would be papered pups and dogs. not to mention that it depends on what the dog was bred for. some dogs have "bully" in them and some are tall and lanky bred for pulling. The dog in this picture of a fawn brindle bred for pulling. As you can see she stands taller than the pits bred for fighting but she also has them out weighed. this dog is 70+ pounds and a papered pit. so people need to get their facts straight before giving people info about a breed they did no research about and know nothing about.

Yes, it is. It's not a mutt just cause of the no papers. Look up the red nose pitbull breed. You should have been able to tell straight away with viewings of both parents. They have very distinctive features look up photos. Here's a pic of a purebred of the net.

And another...

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceApril 13, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat