What Breed is My Dog?

What breed is my dog? This picture was taken at approx. 6 months old. She was a rescue dog and we were told that she was a pit bull. Her love of digging for moles, shrews, and anything that moves really leaves me to believe that she may have some other kind of terrier or hunting breed in her.

She also has very different markings then most pits, being mostly white with light brown brindle spots, and light brown golden eyes. She is extremely short haired and has no hair on her belly (not because of a skin condition). She is currently 45 lbs. and 10-11 months old. I think she might have some kind of pointer in her but I would love to hear others opinions. Thank you for your input.

By Chri$$y84 from West Berlin, NJ

Hi Chrissy,
Looking at the photo my bet would be that she is indeed a Pit Bull mix, with Jack Russell Terrier in her genetics. That might explain why your beautiful girl loves to hunt and dig. She must be a very active dog and it wouldn't surprise me if she isn't always as obedient as she should be. But she is gorgeous! Hope my input helps. Roxanne

Pit and terrier (of some sort). Thanks for adopting! ;o)

Thank you both for your input. My family and I have never even considered Abby being mixed with such a small breed, but now that you say it we always did think she was quite small, probably the runt of the litter. Your input gives me a bit more understanding of some of her "antics". Once again, Thank you. Chrissy

She is so cute, she looks like a jack russell/pit mix.

My red nosed pit looks very similar to her but she's not full maybe my picture of my dog will help you compare.