Who Makes Store Brands?

Many name-brand manufacturers also make store brands for retailers such as Walmart and Sears where they may be sold at a lower price. Depending on the product, it may be specced differently, for example using cheaper parts. This is a guide about "Who makes store brands?".

Fisher Swanson0 found this helpful

When staring at the numerous different brands of products and their prices on shelves at the supermarket, you have to ask yourself: Is one product really better than another? Am I paying for product that tastes better? The truth is, in many cases, you are paying for advertising and packaging. Personally, as a consumer, I'm tired of paying corporations advertising bills.

If you go to the bulk section of your supermarket, you can buy numerous products for nearly half as much than their well advertised and heavily marketed counter parts. In fact, I have found that many bulk products taste better. If you are a person who tends to reach for the most expensive items because you feel they have a higher quality, I would recommend a blind taste test. More often then not, you will find the only real product difference, is the marketing.

Anonymous

I worked in factories for years. The same company puts the same food into cans with different labels for various companies, so I'm sure it also applies to food in boxes, bottles and jars.

Who makes Kroger self rising pizza?

Is this a frozen pizza or a kit? There should be an address of hte company on the wrapping and that would possible tell.

According to their website, they have their own facilities to make the store brands.

After doing a search, I saw this that seemed to indicate that a PA company called Better Baked Foods provides the private label pizzas for Kroger: "The Kroger Company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio has named Better Baked Foods in North East, Pennsylvania its Supplier of the Year for 2015. The Kroger Company operates 2,625 Supermarkets in the United States and is the second largest retailer in the Unites States. Better Baked Foods manufactures single serve French Bread Pizza manufactured exclusively under the Kroger Foods brand and has been a supplier to the Kroger Company for over twenty five years. The supplier of the year award criteria measured quality, delivery, and service."

http://www.bett  php/archives/723

Does everyone know that RAGU actually makes Wal-Mart brand spaghetti sauce for $1.00 a jar (it's very good)! And with the recent recall of Peter Pan peanut butter, it became apparent that PP makes Wal-Mart's peanut butter also. Do people have other info about specific products, store brands and who makes them?

Marilyn

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Who makes the Market Pantry ice cream for Target?

I used to be an Estee Lauder Beauty Associate. I found out that J.A.N.E. cosmetics is under the Estee Lauder brand. JANE can be found at drug stores and places like Walmart and even some grocery stores. I use their eye shadows, and lip gloss. Decent product for the price.

Target brand version of ensure is the same thing so ensure is 3 dollars more then target brand and same thing and same exact bottle also walmarts brand in can is same as ensure to

Anonymous

Who makes Great Value Parboiled Rice?

Kraft makes all of the cheese for Kroger stores. Not sure about other dairy items like yogurt.

Where do you people get this "information"?

Estée Lauder brands include:

Estée Lauder

Clinique

MAC

Aveda

Origins

Prescriptives

Bobbi Brown

Aramis

La Mer

Tommy Hilfiger

Jo Malone

Bumble and bumble

Donna Karan

Darphin

Michael Kors

Rodan and Fields

American Beauty

Flirt!

Good Skin

Donald Trump The Fragrance

Grassroots

Sean John

Daisy Fuentes

J.A.N.E. is a Lynn Tilton company owned wholly by Patriarch Partners, LLC.

As for Kroger cheese, all you have to do is go to Kroger's wikipedia page to know that claim is blatantly false... Kroger employs hundreds of companys to manufacture their own private labels and build their store brands. I love how people "hear something" then decide it is true, then run with it. You've heard of Google, right?

I would like to know what store brand mayonaise is really Dukes or is made by Dukes?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

What bakery makes the bread for Winn Dixie?

Who makes Southern Home mayonnaise?

I spent a little time on the internet to see if I could find out who produces it. I couldn't tell for sure but it is probably C.F. Sauer, which is located in Mauldin SC. Their website says "The privately owned company also sells mayonnaise, salad dressings, margarine and cooking oils under a variety of brand names, including Dukes, Sauers, Gold Medal, Bama and Mrs. Filberts." But it could be McCormick or another company.

Here is a helpful article about store brands but it doesn't' mention Southern Home directly.

http://www.cons  tore_brands.html

Who produces Target's Market Pantry ice cream?

By Anonymous from Chicago, IL

Anonymous

Call your local Target and ask for the food section manager. If they don't know the answer off the top of their head they most certainly can find out.

Ice Cream Specialties makes the market pantry ice cream cones so maybe they do all the ice cream products. Does it say in fine print on the carton, sometimes it will say who makes it for the store?

Anonymous

After seeing Yoder wrote Ice Cream Specialties I looked it up and here is the link for the manufacturer/distributor:

http://www.prai  /index.php?p=534

I don't know what difference it makes. I recently read an article where different brands of ice cream were tested for taste, creaminess, etc. Anyway Target's Market Pantry ice cream rated at the very top, along with Ben and Jerry and Haagan Daaz, for a lot less money.

This ice cream is disgusting. I served myself 1/2 cup of Target's Market Pantry Ice Cream and I found 5 pieces of hair. Two were brown and 3 were white! I'm definitely not purchasing again. I know for a fact the were not my hair, 100% sure! If it was one piece, I'd be OK but FIVE in a small serving is disgusting. I should have saved the hairs for proof.