Who Makes Store Brands?

Woman Grocery Shopping
Many name-brand manufacturers also make store brands for retailers such as Walmart and Sears where they may be sold at a lower price. Depending on the product, it may be specced differently, for example using cheaper parts. This is a guide about "Who makes store brands?".

Fisher Swanson0 found this helpful

When staring at the numerous different brands of products and their prices on shelves at the supermarket, you have to ask yourself: Is one product really better than another? Am I paying for product that tastes better? The truth is, in many cases, you are paying for advertising and packaging. Personally, as a consumer, I'm tired of paying corporations advertising bills.

If you go to the bulk section of your supermarket, you can buy numerous products for nearly half as much than their well advertised and heavily marketed counter parts. In fact, I have found that many bulk products taste better. If you are a person who tends to reach for the most expensive items because you feel they have a higher quality, I would recommend a blind taste test. More often then not, you will find the only real product difference, is the marketing.

Anonymous

I worked in factories for years. The same company puts the same food into cans with different labels for various companies, so I'm sure it also applies to food in boxes, bottles and jars.

Does everyone know that RAGU actually makes Wal-Mart brand spaghetti sauce for $1.00 a jar (it's very good)! And with the recent recall of Peter Pan peanut butter, it became apparent that PP makes Wal-Mart's peanut butter also. Do people have other info about specific products, store brands and who makes them?

Marilyn

Answer Was this helpful? 1

The Target brand diapers are Pampers at least they used to be, i still think they are though. Most mac and cheese is produced in the same factory and packaged differently. And Thermasilk by Helen Curtis is made by Suave. If you want to find out more research the companies on the label try to find the parent company then you will know. I studied marketing in college and most companies will make the same product and sell it differently some to big fancy stores and some to dollar stores. Either way they make a buck. Check out this link for more info on branding.

http://en.wikip … ki/Generic_brand

Both my husband & I'm sure that Target's Market Pantry Salsa is the same as Pace Picante Sauce, which we totally adore.

At Walmart, McCormick makes the Store Brand Spices; you will save so much by purchasing the store brand spices. My daughter was a Walmart Associate in the grocery department when she was in college.

Can anyone tell me who supplies Walmart's "Great Value" Hazelnut Coffee Creamer?

Thanks

We are regular shoppers in Krogers and several years ago, up popped kroger Mayonnaise on the shelf "Made by Hellmans." After a couple weeks the "made by Hellmans" disappeared and it was just Krogers Mayonnaise. I recently purchased some Hellmans that was on sale, took it home and compared it. I sure couldn't tell the difference. They tasted identical to me.

My next-door neighbor's son is a Mobil oil distributor, he says Wal Mart's store brand full synthetic motor oil is the same as Mobil 1. The difference in price is about $4 per quart. I don't know about the other store brand motor oils Wal Mart sells, just the full synthetic.

Can anyone tell me who makes Presidents Choice Infant Formula? I was told it was actually made by one of the name brands.

Post By REBECCA (Guest Post) (01/22/2008)

Hello Rebbecca, I don't know who makes it, what I do know is that a friend of mine that is pharmacy school and will graduate in one year, used walmart's brand of baby formula for both of his amazingly smart infants. He told me that ALL infant formulas are basically the same, that they MUST meet federal requirements. my grandchildren are breastfed, but occasionally, when my working daughter doesn't pump enough milk for the babysitter, they use walmart formula. All of my eight grandchildren are healthy and smart after being breastfed and using store brand formula.

can you tell me what they,ve done to the( great value ) coffee creamer brand??? i,ve used this brand for 10 yrs, atleast, in the past 3 months, its changed it doesnt make your coffee light any more, & i havent changed my coffee brand so i blame it on the creamer, now i have to put 6 teaspoons of it in my coffee, have they taken something out""

PBM Nutritionals makes PC and Wal Mart formula. THey're based in Vermont. I've included a link to their site.

http://www.pbmp … PBM_Nutritionals

Recently my associates and I taste tested peanut butters. The group conclusion was the Target product was most preferred. Who manufactures this product for Target?

Several years ago, I went on a tour at Anderson's Pretzel factory in Pennsylvania. They make pretzels for many different companys, including Slim Fast. The only difference was that the Slim Fast pretzels were in teeny tiny packages. I buy Anderson's pretzels at Dollar General and Walmart.

I work for a trucking company that does a lot of loads for many companies and I've learned over the years that many store brand items are indeed made by name brand manufacturers but packaged in "cheaper" formats. For those of you that are asking who makes Wal-Mart's creamers, many of them are made by HP Hood in Winchester, VA. Sam's Choice Sodas are made by Cott Beverages. Most store brand vegetable oils are made by Lou Ana, a division of Ventura Foods. Ventura also manufactures Hidden Valley Ranch dressings, as well as the store brand versions sold in Wal-Mart, Aldi, Target, Winn Dixie and most grocery stores. Benson's Bakery as well as HC Brill make most "Grocery Store Cakes" that you see in the round containers in the bakery sections of grocery stores. Many turkeys you see in the grocery stores during the holidays are the work of Cargill Meats. Store brand apple products such as apple juices and apple sauces come from Bowman Apple in Mt Jackson, VA. Pilgrims Pride supplies Publix with their deli chicken. There are countless other manufacturers that I work with but this is pretty much all that comes to mind at the moment. BTW many store brand medicines sold by Target, Wal-Mart, Dollar General, Freds, Kroger, etc, are made and/or distributed by Perrigo Pharmacuticals.

~ASD

The Flowers Bakery makes a lot of store brand breads. The store brand bread for Walmart and Ingles is the exact same as Nature's Own except the store brands have thinner bags. This is at least true in the Southeastern portion of the country.

Autozone motor oil is made by exxon; so same oil, different bottle.

Who makes the Market Pantry ice cream for Target?

I used to be an Estee Lauder Beauty Associate. I found out that J.A.N.E. cosmetics is under the Estee Lauder brand. JANE can be found at drug stores and places like Walmart and even some grocery stores. I use their eye shadows, and lip gloss. Decent product for the price.

Target brand version of ensure is the same thing so ensure is 3 dollars more then target brand and same thing and same exact bottle also walmarts brand in can is same as ensure to

Anonymous

Who makes Great Value Parboiled Rice?

Kraft makes all of the cheese for Kroger stores. Not sure about other dairy items like yogurt.

Where do you people get this "information"?

Estée Lauder brands include:

Estée Lauder

Clinique

MAC

Aveda

Origins

Prescriptives

Bobbi Brown

Aramis

La Mer

Tommy Hilfiger

Jo Malone

Bumble and bumble

Donna Karan

Darphin

Michael Kors

Rodan and Fields

American Beauty

Flirt!

Good Skin

Donald Trump The Fragrance

Grassroots

Sean John

Daisy Fuentes

J.A.N.E. is a Lynn Tilton company owned wholly by Patriarch Partners, LLC.

As for Kroger cheese, all you have to do is go to Kroger's wikipedia page to know that claim is blatantly false... Kroger employs hundreds of companys to manufacture their own private labels and build their store brands. I love how people "hear something" then decide it is true, then run with it. You've heard of Google, right?

Anonymous

Kroger cheese is made by pace dairy.

Who produces Target's Market Pantry ice cream?

By Anonymous from Chicago, IL

Anonymous

Call your local Target and ask for the food section manager. If they don't know the answer off the top of their head they most certainly can find out.

Ice Cream Specialties makes the market pantry ice cream cones so maybe they do all the ice cream products. Does it say in fine print on the carton, sometimes it will say who makes it for the store?

Anonymous

After seeing Yoder wrote Ice Cream Specialties I looked it up and here is the link for the manufacturer/distributor:

http://www.prai … /index.php?p=534

I don't know what difference it makes. I recently read an article where different brands of ice cream were tested for taste, creaminess, etc. Anyway Target's Market Pantry ice cream rated at the very top, along with Ben and Jerry and Haagan Daaz, for a lot less money.

This ice cream is disgusting. I served myself 1/2 cup of Target's Market Pantry Ice Cream and I found 5 pieces of hair. Two were brown and 3 were white! I'm definitely not purchasing again. I know for a fact the were not my hair, 100% sure! If it was one piece, I'd be OK but FIVE in a small serving is disgusting. I should have saved the hairs for proof.

I know blue bunny makes great value for Walmart but not sure who makes it for target. After eating the cotton candy flavor, my family agrees it tastes just like Hersey's!

Who makes Kroger self rising pizza?

Is this a frozen pizza or a kit? There should be an address of hte company on the wrapping and that would possible tell.

According to their website, they have their own facilities to make the store brands.

After doing a search, I saw this that seemed to indicate that a PA company called Better Baked Foods provides the private label pizzas for Kroger: "The Kroger Company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio has named Better Baked Foods in North East, Pennsylvania its Supplier of the Year for 2015. The Kroger Company operates 2,625 Supermarkets in the United States and is the second largest retailer in the Unites States. Better Baked Foods manufactures single serve French Bread Pizza manufactured exclusively under the Kroger Foods brand and has been a supplier to the Kroger Company for over twenty five years. The supplier of the year award criteria measured quality, delivery, and service."

http://www.bett … php/archives/723

What bakery makes the bread for Winn Dixie?

i'll guess hostess

in 1989 it was these guys---http://www.nyti  te-in-bread.html

sad-

https://en.wiki … ta_Bread_Company

I would like to know what store brand mayonaise is really Dukes or is made by Dukes?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Who makes Southern Home mayonnaise?

I spent a little time on the internet to see if I could find out who produces it. I couldn't tell for sure but it is probably C.F. Sauer, which is located in Mauldin SC. Their website says "The privately owned company also sells mayonnaise, salad dressings, margarine and cooking oils under a variety of brand names, including Dukes, Sauers, Gold Medal, Bama and Mrs. Filberts." But it could be McCormick or another company.

Here is a helpful article about store brands but it doesn't' mention Southern Home directly.

http://www.cons … tore_brands.html