Why Do Some Brands Cost More?

Fisher Swanson

When staring at the numerous different brands of products and their prices on shelves at the supermarket, you have to ask yourself: Is one product really better than another? Am I paying for product that tastes better? The truth is, in many cases, you are paying for advertising and packaging. Personally, as a consumer, I'm tired of paying corporations advertising bills.

If you go to the bulk section of your supermarket, you can buy numerous products for nearly half as much than their well advertised and heavily marketed counter parts. In fact, I have found that many bulk products taste better. If you are a person who tends to reach for the most expensive items because you feel they have a higher quality, I would recommend a blind taste test. More often then not, you will find the only real product difference, is the marketing.

Anonymous

I worked in factories for years. The same company puts the same food into cans with different labels for various companies, so I'm sure it also applies to food in boxes, bottles and jars.