Target's Market Pantry Ice Cream

Who produces Target's Market Pantry ice cream?

By Anonymous from Chicago, IL

Call your local Target and ask for the food section manager. If they don't know the answer off the top of their head they most certainly can find out.

Ice Cream Specialties makes the market pantry ice cream cones so maybe they do all the ice cream products. Does it say in fine print on the carton, sometimes it will say who makes it for the store?

After seeing Yoder wrote Ice Cream Specialties I looked it up and here is the link for the manufacturer/distributor:

www.prairiefarmsdairy.com/index.php?p=534

I don't know what difference it makes. I recently read an article where different brands of ice cream were tested for taste, creaminess, etc. Anyway Target's Market Pantry ice cream rated at the very top, along with Ben and Jerry and Haagan Daaz, for a lot less money.

Anonymous

"Anyway Target's Market Pantry ice cream rated at the very top, along with Ben and Jerry and Haagan Dazs" What?! Who rated it so highly?

Seems crazy to me because I just finished throwing away the rest of my Market Pantry Chocolate Ice Cream.. It was a disgusting concoction of artificial tasting flavorings and fillers/thickening agents reminiscent of McDonald's shakes, which infamously stay solid even after "melting"..

This ice cream is disgusting. I served myself 1/2 cup of Target's Market Pantry Ice Cream and I found 5 pieces of hair. Two were brown and 3 were white!

I'm definitely not purchasing again. I know for a fact the were not my hair, 100% sure! If it was one piece, I'd be OK but FIVE in a small serving is disgusting. I should have saved the hairs for proof.

I know blue bunny makes great value for Walmart but not sure who makes it for target. After eating the cotton candy flavor, my family agrees it tastes just like Hersey's!

Who makes the Market Pantry Ice Cream for Target?

Tracy

Answers:

Target's Market Pantry Ice Cream

I Googled it and couldn't find your answer so maybe talk to a manager at Target for the answer. Many store brands are manufactured by their own manufacturer or contracted out to major manufacturers and labeled as their own. There may or may not be a clue by reading info on the container. (02/05/2009)

By Deeli

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 8, 2010
🎄
🎉