Yellow Rose Photos

Category Garden
These wonderful garden flowers can be captured in beautiful pictures. This page contains yellow rose photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
They say a yellow rose is a symbol of friendship. So be it. I present this rose to all my ThriftyFun friends. Here's hoping you have a very nice day and a nice tomorrow.

This is my first yellow rose. The bloom will be much prettier when it opens more. I couldn't wait to photograph it.

This is a beautiful plant and I got a real deal on it. It is very healthy. (Don't mind the leaves. It's been so wet here, I have to keep my roses sprayed with Daconil to ward off blackspot).

The rose is a florist type hybrid tea. Strong, long stems, ideal for cutting. It's a new day for me. My first yellow rose. And the name of the rose, 'New Day'.

Oh! If you want a long stemmed yellow rose, this just might be it. Look at the stems on this beauty.

Comment Like this photo? 5

This is just beautiful :) Yellow is one of my favourite colours and I've never grown yellows. Just pink, white and red. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
I really dislike it when I don't know the names of my own flowers. This fiery little creature had two names on its tag, Lady Elsie May and Playboy. I googled both, but that was no help. What I have could be either one, as they look very similar. That's OK. Not knowing it's real name won't cause me to enjoy it any less.

Comment Like this photo? 4

I suppose I could do more research, but according to Heirloom Roses.com, The Playboy rose is patented.

http://www.heir  ses/playboy.html

Also

The UK based company 'Crocker' developed the Playboy rose, circa 1976

Portland Rose Society

Portland Gold Medal Award Winners

1989 Class Act F; Playboy F

While I haven't contacted the Portland Rose Society to ask them about criteria which must be met, I doubt it grants awards to unregistered roses.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
I've posted pictures of roses from this bush, before. You'll find one of them here.

Consider Growing Single Roses

If you checked the link, you will see that the only similarity of the two, is that they both are single. While the linked rose is a true deep pink, as you can see, the rose pictured here is a brilliant yellow with petal tips of pink.

I've no knowledge as to why the vast difference in the two roses. I am open to suggestions. Playboy is not a multi color rose. Maybe the cooler temperatures or shorter daylight hours? Catherine? Whatever the reason, I love them equally and am glad to have this life form existing in my garden.

Comment Like this photo? 1

Wow she's so beautiful! and the smell of its strong or weak?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

pretty yellow rose with darker center

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This yellow rose is something I look forward to when visiting my mother-in-law's at the lake. It always reminds me of sunshine and most of all to be grateful for the little things the Lord has provided to all of us!

A yellow peach rose with a darker center.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

This rose was sold without a name tag for 99 cents, and I just love the color. It was in a box marked "yellow". And since that what I was looking for, I picked out one that looked healthy.

closeup of yellow rose with dark background

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I received this rose bush, which is a tea rose, the buds flourished with colors of bright yellow hues and the blossoms unfolded into sunny beauty.

beautiful yellow and orange rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

My husband and granddaughter got me a rose bush for Mother's Day, and this is what it looks like.

Yellow rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I discovered this beauty while taking a walk this past fall. As I walked among the fallen brown leaves, it was an unexpected reminder of the summer that had been.

Small yellow rose bush.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I have a photo of my yellow rose which we purchased at Home Depot the weekend of April 10. We planted it right away.

Simple yellow rose.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

This rose was growing here when I moved in four years ago. I am not a gardener, so I pretty much ignored it. However, this year I have begun the task of cleaning the yard and have found all kinds of sweet little surprises.

Peach colored rose.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Isn't that a funny name for such a pretty rose? It is very fragrant. It changes from an orange bud to this apricot peach color to pale creamy yellow during it's bloom life cycle.

Yellow Rose in Spring

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Hopefully this means spring is finally here. My roses are blooming and they're beautiful. I don't know what kind of rose this is, but I love it. The yellow color is always intense and they're fragrant. I love them.

Yellow rose.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Graham Thomas rose, spring 2005, This beautiful Old English yellow rose blooms wonderfully every spring in the "wild strawberry" area of my garden. It has a delicious perfume inviting you to sink your nose into its petals.

Comment Like this photo? 2

This rose plant was purchased back in 1997, and has been moved to three different locations (within Mississippi). It produces at least one bloom every year. It is my wife's favorite rose.

Yellow Roses by Garden Wall

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Daughter gave us this Yellow Rose Tree for out 59th last Aug. It seems to like it's spot in the front yard. It has had several roses already and now it has gotten up under the roof line of the house.

Soon this Wild Rose bush will have lots of buds and flowers :-) The bush is just outside of my patio in the apartment building courtyard. I am so thrilled it's finally Spring!

By Deeli

Garden: First Wild Rose Bud

Answers:

Garden: First Wild Rose Bud

Deeli,I love your photography.Keep em coming. Thanks for sharing. (05/12/2010)

By keeper60

Garden: First Wild Rose Bud

Love it. You must be in a "better" zone than I'm in. In Zone 5 we're still getting past 40 degree nights. (05/12/2010)

By Allison5