Allergic Materials in Carpets - Categories:

AdviceHealth & Beauty

Allergic Materials in Carpets

We are in the process of replacing our carpet in the bedroom. I'm reading about allergic responses to some carpet materials. Can you elaborate? My husband says "it's from the adhesive bonding materials used." Is he right?

By Charlotte in FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Prior to having your carpet installing, call the company that you are purchasing the carpet from (I assume they are also providing the installation of it) & request that 3 days prior to coming to your home that they open the carpet in their building to let it air out. That is usually enough time to have the chemical odors removed, therefore

allowing the alleviation of it to be more beneficial when installed in your home.

Hope this hint helps. I had read about this tip many years ago & over the course of having carpeting installed beyond 30 years, I have always asked for this request. A good & caring company will cooperate with your request. Good Luck.

- Joes' Girl

Here is a good site for finding out about allergens in new carpets. Hope this helps.

- Susan

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 24, 2001
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Hot Chocolate
Allergic Reaction from Hot Chocolate
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material, A box filled with packing peanuts.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material
Woman Using Facial Wipe
Allergic Reaction to Facial Wipe
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 3:04:48 PM on 10.0.2.44 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.