Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

Category Dairy
Pouring liquid coffee creamer into a cup of coffee.
If you are suspicious of the ingredients in coffee creamer, make your own! This guide has recipes and tips on how to make homemade flavored liquid coffee creamer.

I love those flavored coffee creamers from the store. But what are they made of? Is there anything that sounds edible in there? And who knows what they don't put on the label! So I researched making your own. The recipe I like used sweetened condensed milk, but that is expensive and, besides, condensing it cooks all the nutrition out.

So I researched making my own. Most of the recipes are the same. They all call for butter - I don't want the added fat - and a blender. Well, I am way too lazy to get the blender out. So I tried making my own recipe, and darned if it isn't the best tasting creamer ever! Now, it's not healthy, it has a lot of sugar (you can easily cut it in half, I've started doing that), but if you like your coffee sweet, you can add the whole amount. The dry milk is non-fat, and you can use skim milk; I use 2%.

• 2 cups dry milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp almond extract, or any other flavor you choose
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 4 cups milk

1. Mix the dry milk and sugar in the container you want to use (I use an empty bottle from commercial coffee creamer, the giant size)
  2. Ad
  3. Add the water and flavoring, put the lid on the bottle, and shake very well.
  4. Add the milk and shake even better to get the sugar to melt away.
  5. Shake it a little every time you use it.
  6. Store in the refridgerator. It keeps for the same amount of time as the milk you used. (It never lasts us that long!)

Yikes! I made a big mistake in this recipe - you don't add 1 pint of hot water, you add 1 cup! Sorry about that!

Thank you for correcting the recipe!

Nice tip! You could add things to infuse like a cinnamon stick, orange peel, etc. Also I've found that nut milks make good creamer in coffee and tea.

Those flavored liquid coffee creamers are wonderful but does anyone make their own? Seems there must be some way to reduce the cost. My favorite is French Vanilla. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lady Claire from Buffalo, NY

Does anybody have a recipe for flavored coffee creamers?

By Patricia from Gulfport, MS

Lady Claire from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

I buy Torani flavored syrup. It can be found at grocery stores, but I buy it at smartandfinale here in California. It is much cheaper. It also comes in sugar free. French vanilla is my favorite also.I mix it with 2% milk in a quart container and it last several days. Start with 1/4 cup syrup and then add more if needed. (03/07/2006)

By Linda

Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

I buy sugar free flavored syrups in the DaVinci Gourmet brand. Also available in regular (without the sugar free style).
Less expensive at Marshall's, Ross and TJ Maxx, www.davincigourmet.com and low carb stores.

Chocolate mixed with kahlui are my favs. (03/14/2006)

By cookwie

Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

I use powdered milk, vanilla and sweetener. Make powdered milk into liquid as directed, for each two cups add two packets sweetener and 1 Tbsp. Pure vanilla Extract. I can't tell the difference and it can be made at a fraction of the cost. Another bonus, no additives. (10/30/2008)

By Donna

Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

I bought a coffee that was cinnamon swirl flavored (grounds). It had little flavor, but with artificial sweetener and milk it was good and I'm not a fan of sweetened coffee. Now I have a remainder of pot of coffee my husband won't drink and by late morning too hot to keep drinking hot coffee (live in southwest TX). I experimented making iced coffee with it. I put about 12 ounces of the coffee, 2 ounces of 2% milk and 2 packets of Sweet' n Low in a large tall glass and added a lot of ice to it. I don't like iced coffee either, but it was really good. I think if we had plain coffee made and I added spice or spices to it and then made iced coffee would be as good. Not used any syrups so can't suggest anything on top of the suggestions for it already. (05/31/2009)

By itsagift

Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

I just made some coffee and put some cinnamon ad nutmeg in the coffee before pouring the water over it. I then used non dairy creamer and sugar. This is not as good as the international creamer, but is close. They have some kind of additive that makes it creamy and smooth. I think if I used half and half and some flavoring, it would be better. Keep experimenting! (12/07/2009)

By mikalis

French Vanilla

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla

Almond Orange Cappuccino

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 1/2 tsp. orange extract

Amaretto

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. almond extract

Almond Cappuccino

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 1/2 tsp. orange extract

Chocolate Almond

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. almond extract

Chocolate Truffle Mint

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
  • 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. peppermint extract

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a glass container. It is best stored in glass mason jar. Remember to shake before pouring, as the condensed milk will settle to the bottom. This will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

Tip: substitute low fat sweetened condensed milk for regular for a healthier alternative.

Liquid coffee creamer base can also be made by mixing 1 cup of dry coffee creamer with 1 cup of hot water. Mix until dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water. Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator.

Try creating a powder from your favorite candy. Candy canes now come in many flavors. By adding bits of candy to your food processor and processing until the candy bits are a powder, you can add new flavors to your coffee creamer with a fraction of the cost of commercial flavored creamers. Simply add the powdered candy bits to your liquid coffee creamer and shake well to dissolve.

Source: Sent to me by a friend

By Mythi from Silverdale, WA

I'm looking for a liquid coffee creamer recipe that uses condensed milk. Thank You,
- JJAPD

Answers:

Coffee Creamer Recipes

We do use condensed milk as a coffee creamer. All you need to add to it is flavoring. You can buy bottles of flavoring in the coffee aisle or in a coffee shop. I hope it helps! (02/21/2002)

By im4peace

Coffee Creamer Recipes

Start with 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Add 1-1/2 cups fat free milk and 1 T vanilla. Mix in blender and store in container. This will keep in fridge for approximately 2 weeks.

Variations: Add 1 T cocoa and 1 t. almond extract for chocolate almond flavor.

Add 1 t almond extract and 1/2 t orange extract for cappuccino. I hope this helps.

Lisa in Colo (03/27/2002)

Coffee Creamer Recipes

I make an easy and delicious coffee creamer from condensed milk. All it is is 1 1/2 c. milk, and 1 can sweetened condensed milk. mix it together and store it in the fridge in an airtight container. You can make it amaretto by adding 1/2 t. cinnamon, and 1 t. almond extract. (12/06/2004)

By Jill