Browsing: Treating Ear Mites

Oil for Ear Mites

To eliminate ear mites, all it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Source: From my daughter's vet

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Mineral oil is what we were told to use in our Dogs ears. It works great. I never thought of corn oil but I will tell people now, thanks.

Also Sweet Almond Oil or pure food grade Almond Oil will work fine. I don't know why olive oil wouldn't work just as well, but always a good idea to check with your vet. I always have the Sweet Almond Oil since I'm a soap-maker, so that's what I use. I often put butter or a dab of olive oil on Kit's front paws for him to lick off. Good for fur balls if

your kitty isn't getting brushed often enough. I can't imagine anything would be more maddening than some bug crawling around in our ears. Poor babies.

Thanks to JodiT and GrannyJenny.

Pookarina

Treating Ear Mites
Treating Ear Mites
Pets HealthJanuary 13, 2011
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 5:35:06 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 594 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.