Oil for Ear Mites

To eliminate ear mites, all it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Source: From my daughter's vet

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

Mineral oil is what we were told to use in our Dogs ears. It works great. I never thought of corn oil but I will tell people now, thanks.

Also Sweet Almond Oil or pure food grade Almond Oil will work fine. I don't know why olive oil wouldn't work just as well, but always a good idea to check with your vet. I always have the Sweet Almond Oil since I'm a soap-maker, so that's what I use. I often put butter or a dab of olive oil on Kit's front paws for him to lick off. Good for fur balls if

your kitty isn't getting brushed often enough. I can't imagine anything would be more maddening than some bug crawling around in our ears. Poor babies.

Thanks to JodiT and GrannyJenny.

Pookarina

NO>..ONLY USE MINERAL OIL in ears...NO other types of oil as it accumulates bacteria and creates infections

Treating Ear Mites
Treating Ear Mites
Pets HealthJanuary 13, 2011
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎄