Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Oil for Ear Mites

To eliminate ear mites, all it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Source: From my daughter's vet

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Julia [136]01/15/2011

Also Sweet Almond Oil or pure food grade Almond Oil will work fine. I don't know why olive oil wouldn't work just as well, but always a good idea to check with your vet. I always have the Sweet Almond Oil since I'm a soap-maker, so that's what I use. I often put butter or a dab of olive oil on Kit's front paws for him to lick off. Good for fur balls if
your kitty isn't getting brushed often enough. I can't imagine anything would be more maddening than some bug crawling around in our ears. Poor babies.

Thanks to JodiT and GrannyJenny.

Pookarina

By GrannyJenny [1]01/13/2011

Mineral oil is what we were told to use in our Dogs ears. It works great. I never thought of corn oil but I will tell people now, thanks.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.