My Kitten Has Ear Mites

Category Health
Ear mites are very easy for young cats to pick up, especially if they are a rescue or were neglected. They are also easy to treat. This page has advice for when my kitten has ear mites.

How can I treat ear mites in kitten? He is only 5 weeks old. What is OK to do at home?

By Aubrey L.

Answers

Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to take the kitten to a vet. Sometimes, the vet is the cheaper and more humane way to go than to make the kitten suffer. In the meantime, clean out the kitten's ears with a soft tissue and some olive oil, or cooking oil. This makes the kitten more comfortable before you can get it to a vet. It will not kill ear mites.
Blessings,
Robyn

With no disrespect the answer to your question is called a Veterinarian.

My cat had a dark brown build up in his ears. I gently used a swab to remove the build up ...the first few times will be very uncomfortable for your cat. I found that the dark brown build up was mites/yeast. Id put few drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear to kill the yeast. Oh!! After swabbing cats ears, give each ear a good rub ...itll feel really good for them.

Pets HealthJune 1, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂